Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Spitalfields, Greater London*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Spitalfields.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Pete Doherty and Carl Barat from The Libertines used to live in Bethnal Green/off Cambridge heath road, till recently Pete also lived in a flat in Whitechapel. check out his fantastic gigs at rhythm factory- blinding!
- Apparently Kylie has bought a flat in Spitalfields / Hoxton somewhere, if anyone cares.
Gilbert & George are great. They have lived here forever, check out a show or their autobiography sometime, they are cool cats.
- Jeanette (Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit) Winterson lives next to spitalfields market
Steam-roller artist Cornelia Parker lives in Redchurch Street. Rachel Whiteread lives in the Bethnal Green Road nearby.
- Tracey Emin has now moved from Wilkes St into nearby into Fournier Street - the most expensive street in East London. She must be doing something right even if she cant be arsed to make her bed.
- Tracey Emin has moved into Wilkes St and has her studio in Heneage St.
Fashion St is rapidly filling up with all the Turner Prize People, like Chris Ofili, the Chapman Brothers and several minor stars of the arty fart firmament.
- Bloody loads now.
- Saatchi championed artist Gavin Turk who lives in a flat on the roof of Shoredtich Town Hall
Prince Charles - whose reactionary Institute of Architecture is moving in to Charlotte Road very soon - has anyone told him he is moving into enemy territory?
- Word has it that Jarvis Cocker has moved into the area recently. Fuckin' great!!!
- Gilbert and George, naked shit artists, live between Brick Lane and Commercial Street, and can be seen around the area being art.
- Who hasn't moved to Shoreditch ? Every Interior Design sytlist in the UK and half the recrod companies. Jarvis Cocker Damion whathisname (Blur geezer) Tracy Emin Lil
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Saint Acid, joel, Mo, Melanie, Will, Dave Ditch, Claire Hansford, Roland Jeffery, Ethelreda Gotobed, Perry, jo, ian e smith, plonker, Paul Sandwell, daniel, Stuart Scanlan, matt, Paul Sanders, Pierre at the Centre of Attention, adam modelski, the dogs bollocks, Clare Carabott, Rob Skedgell, mushie, generic, chrisbrock, vik, shireen, andy- northlondon, Julie Zielstra, Sam
Last updated: 2008-11-11
More stuff about Spitalfields
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Spitalfields Knowhere Board