Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Spitalfields.
- Thank god the Lux in Hoxton Square has closed. They were soooooo up their own Shoreditch arses they didnt give a toss about their customers.
- none nearby - even the lux shut down.
commercial road used to be the home of the naz cinema, one of the few cinemas in london [in the 1970's] that showed exclusively indian films] - now pulled down [i think].
- Barbican Cinema. Best one in london, 'cos people who go there wanna see the FILMS, not suck each others faces, eat noisy food, etc.
- Genesis - Mile End Road. Good cheap seats, but also some sound problems. You win some you lose some!
- You have listed The Lux and another art cinema in Hoxton Sq. In fact they are the same thing!
- The Lux in Hoxton Sq is indicative of the new type of person that can be seen parading around Shoreditch at present- looks great but far too obscure for it's own good.
- Arts Cinema in Hoxton Square. Seasons of Slovenian art movies, Mongolian documentaries etc. Good place to spend a Sunday Afternoon
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Saint Acid, joel, Mo, Melanie, Will, Dave Ditch, Claire Hansford, Roland Jeffery, Ethelreda Gotobed, Perry, jo, ian e smith, plonker, Paul Sandwell, daniel, Stuart Scanlan, matt, Paul Sanders, Pierre at the Centre of Attention, adam modelski, the dogs bollocks, Clare Carabott, Rob Skedgell, mushie, generic, chrisbrock, vik, shireen, andy- northlondon, Julie Zielstra, Sam
Last updated: 2008-11-11
More stuff about Spitalfields
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Spitalfields Knowhere Board