Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains in Spitalfields, Greater London*
The more interesting clothing stores
You can tell us more about Spitalfields.
Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- -The shops around Brick Lane used to be great when this grungy / retro / charity shop look / thing kicked off a few years ago but now it is all dated, overpriced, and very similar to what you can buy in Topman / Topshop. Go for rummage in a real charity shop and spend £8, not £80, ojn the same old crap, if you must insist on wearing it.
- There's this really wierd place called Victim in Fashion Street (ie Fashion Victim - geddit??!! witty or what) which sells expensive hand made little girtlie dresses with lace and frilly stuff all over. Its like feminism had never happened. For genetic girlies who cant overcome their genes and who have loadsa readies. Curious transvestities are always looking in the window.
- Spitalfields market is full of them - from the typical second hand frilly shirts, to young designers, starting out.
rokit in brick lane - sister shop of rokit camden, selling about the same stock - vintage denim, old school adidas, western shirts - sadly replaced a great collective for young urban design - sorely missed.
mendoza - clothes shop opposite rokit. sells converse, american designs, skate clothing. owner looks like ian brown and can be just as surley and non-plussed about sales.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Saint Acid, joel, Mo, Melanie, Will, Dave Ditch, Claire Hansford, Roland Jeffery, Ethelreda Gotobed, Perry, jo, ian e smith, plonker, Paul Sandwell, daniel, Stuart Scanlan, matt, Paul Sanders, Pierre at the Centre of Attention, adam modelski, the dogs bollocks, Clare Carabott, Rob Skedgell, mushie, generic, chrisbrock, vik, shireen, andy- northlondon, Julie Zielstra, Sam
Last updated: 2008-11-11
More stuff about Spitalfields
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Spitalfields Knowhere Board