Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Spitalfields, Greater London*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Spitalfields.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- The person who says that Whirl-y-gig is no longer at Shoreditch is mistaken. It may have long departed from Shoreditch Town Hall, but it is now a monthly event at the 291 Gallery, 291 Hackney Road, Shoreditch. You can find the dates on their web page: http://www.whirl-y-gig.org.uk/ It is a really great night with global dance music, awesome decor, chilled atmosphere. This is really the club with the festival atmosphere!
- Bang Face on Friday 12th August is sadly cancelled due to venue problems :(
Info for the September party now up ;)
- The Magic Loungeabout @ THe Spitz on Sunday afternoons monthly- latest at www.themagicloungeabout.com
- 93 feet east on brick lane - talvin singh and zero 7 regularly hold club nights there. it's also good for relaxation, after a hard sunday afternoons' shopping.
- The Rhythym Factory on the Whitechapel Road - full of suits most of the time from the outskirts of Aldgate, also some art students. Most seem to be jazzers so be careful.
- The Whirlygig at Shoredtcih Town Hall clsoed years ago but is still listed. Shoredtich Town Hall has been declared unsafe for music dancing by the local beauroicrats until the chaorty which owns it spends £400,000 on upgrading the fire alrm system
- Club with a difference (as in it's been described as a strip club). Brown's - 1 Hackney Rd, London, E2. Tel: 0171-739-4653. There's no entry/cover charge, and beers are normal West End Prices i.e. about two quid a pint. The only extra cost is the girls come round between their acts with a beer glass soliciting contributions. The girls themselves vary, but the best are excellent. Times are uncertain, but I think they operate evenings during the week from 6-11, and lunchtimes Mon-Sat from 1-3. I'd recommend getting there about 8 pm, as that allows you to catch the end of one shift, and the start of the next, thereby maximising the Cute Quotient! Friday evenings can be very busy, avoid if possible.
- Whirlygig is just up the road at Shoreditch Town Hall on Shoreditch High Street, of course, and the Black Eagle Brewery is occasionally used for one-off nights.
- There's one next to the electricity showrooms on Old Street that seems to be full of 18 year-olds from West London. Comedy cafe in Rivington Street The Aquarium in Old Street Bluenote has upped and moved to Islington.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Saint Acid, joel, Mo, Melanie, Will, Dave Ditch, Claire Hansford, Roland Jeffery, Ethelreda Gotobed, Perry, jo, ian e smith, plonker, Paul Sandwell, daniel, Stuart Scanlan, matt, Paul Sanders, Pierre at the Centre of Attention, adam modelski, the dogs bollocks, Clare Carabott, Rob Skedgell, mushie, generic, chrisbrock, vik, shireen, andy- northlondon, Julie Zielstra, Sam
Last updated: 2008-11-11
More stuff about Spitalfields
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Spitalfields Knowhere Board