Cafes and Coffee Shops in Spitalfields, Greater London*
High tea and a sticky bun
You can tell us more about Spitalfields.
Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Nude coffee bar just off Brick Lane, not much atmosphere but good coffee.
- pod:// fairtrade organic coffee. but its the milkshakes which rule. huge thick pint shakes. the chocolate shake it REALLY the best in London. oh and the OREO and pnut butter ones... mmm
- coffee@bricklane sometimes has great djs on sunday afternoons, in an incredibly tiny spot, and their coffee is pretty good too.
- The coffee shop on the corner of Brushfield St and Crispin Street is a bit quaint and at lunchtimes too much of a suit trap. But they do good home made food sandwiches snacksand briliant home made soup. If you can hack the Olde Worlde decor its OK.
- Coffee@ Brick Lane in Brick Lane at the corner with Buxton Street is cool-ish and not enirely trendy. The owner Adrian - the tall bloke with very short hair but not gay - greets customers with remarks like "You're a bit too scruffy for us, sir" or "you look terrible today, madam". Un-starbucks. INternet access. Fairly OK coffee. Sofas to chill on.
- numerous in spitalfields market.
24 bagel bake on the top end on commercial road.
- Indo... In the daytime this little bar across from the east london mosque is a very very quiet coffee bar doing soup and coffee etc, you can also get beers. They have art on the walls that is always worth a peak, and great staff who are very Zen.
- Rongwrong Cafe now in Shoreditch Town Hall but formerly in Hoxton Square from which they were evicted when the owner put the rent up megabucks. Veggie and alternative and rather spacious.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Saint Acid, joel, Mo, Melanie, Will, Dave Ditch, Claire Hansford, Roland Jeffery, Ethelreda Gotobed, Perry, jo, ian e smith, plonker, Paul Sandwell, daniel, Stuart Scanlan, matt, Paul Sanders, Pierre at the Centre of Attention, adam modelski, the dogs bollocks, Clare Carabott, Rob Skedgell, mushie, generic, chrisbrock, vik, shireen, andy- northlondon, Julie Zielstra, Sam
Last updated: 2008-11-18
More stuff about Spitalfields
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Spitalfields Knowhere Board