The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Spitalfields, Greater London*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Spitalfields.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Backpassages of Spitalfields - TRUTH, LIES, AND THE ODD SURPRISE!
Social history meets street theatre in a funny and informative ninety minute walk that is unlike any other guided tour in London.
-Win unimpressive prizes!
Now in it's fourth year, and back by public demand. Join BAFTA award winning comedy writer Alan Gilbey and out of work actor Steve Wells on a sideways saunter through the streets and stories of this fascinating and atmospheric part of London's East End.
The first and second Sunday of every month ( except June ) at 6.30pm
Meet at the top of the escalators, by the Bishopsgate entrance to Liverpool Street Station.
Tickets £5 or £4.00 concessions. No need to book - just turn up.
For more information on the tour, you can visit http://www.backpassageswalks.co.uk
- Brick lane and spitalfields have become a victim of their own success. Theme parks for wannabe trendies and city suits. Faceless winebars and new, mediocre curry houses. When's the first Pret-a-Manger and Starbollox gonna open in the lane?
- The horrible one way system in the centre of Shoredtich is about to be dismantled. Two way traffic eveywhere. Pedesrain power wins! Fuck the cars.
- hawksmoor plays an important part in the book and film of from hell - quite good line drawings by eddie campbell of the area, in the book, and a nice history of hawksmoor and the church by alan moore in the same book.
walking tours of the east end - check the http://www.walks.com/
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Saint Acid, joel, Mo, Melanie, Will, Dave Ditch, Claire Hansford, Roland Jeffery, Ethelreda Gotobed, Perry, jo, ian e smith, plonker, Paul Sandwell, daniel, Stuart Scanlan, matt, Paul Sanders, Pierre at the Centre of Attention, adam modelski, the dogs bollocks, Clare Carabott, Rob Skedgell, mushie, generic, chrisbrock, vik, shireen, andy- northlondon, Julie Zielstra, Sam
Last updated: 2008-11-11
More stuff about Spitalfields
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Spitalfields Knowhere Board