Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about St Albans.
- The Odyssey
- thre's new hope for the Odoen now (Nov 2009) -see www.stalbansodeon.blogspot.com
- There used to be at least 3 cinemas in St Albans, they were the Chequers opposite the town hall, The gaumont near the railway station and the Odeon.
- Still havent got one
- SHUT DOWN FIFTEEN YEARS HENCE
- Allow the cinemas in St Albans as there arent any. If ever you see a petition to get one, sign in about a thousand times. we need one. theres ones nearby though, watford, hatfield, luton, hemel. all bus-journeys away. but yeah you get used to it..
- no cinema's in st.albans so i wouldnt come here to watch a film...but there is a bus service to hemel or the galaria in watford where there are cinemas
- Bring back the odeon.
- i wouldnt bother coming to st.albans for a cinema..there isnt one. used to be one but it closed down, rumours say that someone has bought it...but the poor old building is about to fall down, problem is, its a A listed building, so it cant be changed!
- For years now, the citizens of SA have been denied a cinema since the closure of the mythical Odean. Plans to build a new one have come and gone, continuously. Hatfield UCI is the nearest but beware of the Hatfield rudes who prowl the Galleria after dark.
- closest in hatfield
- Hatfield- Galleria, Radlett- Warner Bro's and Hemel- Odeon.
- -No cinema in St Albans but they're building one.....
- Argh don't get me started!! No bloody cinema for miles! WHY?!
- None...we don't get a bloody cinema - WE HAVE TO GO TO HATFIELD
- There are no cinemas in the whole of St. Albans, and so people must go watch Bear Baiting on the Concrete Square in the park. The Bear is tethered in the middle, and dog owners throw their dogs at the bear, only for all the dogs to be devoured. Meanwhile, around the concrete square, Paul and Frank will wrestle and vomit alternately.
- I CANT BELIEVE IT. THE ODEON SHUT DOWN YEARS AGO BECAUSE OF THE GALLERIA. WHO REMEMBERS THE TALKING BIN OUTSIDE, OR THE POOR VIDEO SHOP INSIDE. IF I HAD THE MONEY I'D OPEN IT UP AGAIN. I THINK THE COUNCIL WILL MAKE IT INTO FLATS OR SOMTHING CRAPPY LIKE THAT - WHAT A WASTE!!
- there is box, on the park, with a little dancing man in it. it starts around 8 every night. he sings like Tom Jones and wiggles his fingers.
- "Ins Kino" in Hatfield Road is a little known attraction in St. Albans. It's a Cinema-cum-Theatre run by the Crazy Chinese Dude. He invites you to come in, gives you a free sweetie and 5p, and then will dance for you. Then he show you a film. No anal. Then he will get a magical gimp cabaret to play the large glockenspiel for you. There is no more fun to be had in this fair city.
- St.Alabans is the only City in Herts. And the only place without a cinema.
- Building one
- The Gardner Arts Center is always good, except when the projector falls over. The Duke of Yorks has a big pair of legs on the roof, and Jenny's purse is lying around somewhere. There's a strange guy in the front row who talks too loudly. There's always the Odeon. That's fun, and you can do all sorts of rude things whilst the film is running. It's always fun, especially when you go there with someone else.
- The Movie Scene is no good for actually watching movies, but if you want to make movies, then there is nowhere better than St. Albans, for there are many ex-airfields on the way to Hatfield, and they are quickly getting filled with Movie Sets.. Martin Wells is made very happy by this, and he actually lives in one of the 'movle houses' now. With his fascist army.
- you can now rent videos from a machine by the elehouse.
- The Galeria its only a couple of miles away in Hatfield
- The Inn-shops used to be the place for Films and Medieval Bear Baiting, but now it's turning into a TK-MAXX, which sucks so much. Someone should get Rage Against the Machine to protest about it. In fact, that'd be a damn good idea. We should ask Stephen Howard.. apparently he met them here once..
- Everybody's welcome over to my house to watch telly. Bring all your mates. I'll get the beers in.
Luv Andy the Fighting Cocks glass collector.
- The old Odeon on London Road shut down 10 years ago (god knows why), but a new 8 screed jobbie is opening behind the Alban Arena in mid 2002, huzzah.
- There are no cinemas in St. Albans.
- Room D401 has 20 DVD players and digial VHS wired into a projector and pro surround system. It's open most the day. Just go in there. You wont get asked for id.
- There's a little projector cinema in Roulette Drive, run by Robbie Ennion, and in the summer you can watch films from his swimming pool, but there's some really wierd stuff there...
- They closed the Inshops, which wasn't a cinema, but they now use it to have medaeval bear-baiting contests. It's sick, I tell you!
- maybe they'll eventually build that cinema to replace the odeon
- There is a new cinema being built, hopefully by the end of the year, above the council offices car park
- Woodside park. Leisure world's now subsiding! ha!
- There are no cinemas in St Albans! which is crazy considering the popultion. there was one which close apparently. There are a few multiplex cinemas around, the nearest being at Hatfield 4 miles away at the Galleria which has tacky bars 'n stuff too! Others include Warner Village.
- No Cinema in St Albans after it closed down many years ago despite local protests. Nearest are Jarman Park, Hemel Hempstead; Wood Side Warner Brothers (personally my favourite) , Watford; or UCI Galleria, Hatfield.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: krissy, cristov, Jackie Emm, guy, phil, neil, donna, Jackie Hunt, Tony Quance, Psion, Phil Sumner, Grace Norman, Carlos Mockie, jon, Jake Pog, Alan Kilcoyne, Coxy, alex, Temujin, MAX CAVALERA! SOULFLY!, Kozue, Blow iN MY aSS!, geetarspaz, Nick Fisher, M, Jimney Cricket, Molly Bloom, Simon Philips, Simon, robbie, Mike Rotch, rachel, kitty james, Zyggy, Cath, Mike Rolph, Buddha, Michael Robins, Sk8burger, Dave Powell, The Prophet, Caity Roe, IanChorley, Emily Cridland, David Johnson, Bob Marley, Tom Conyway, john glanville, Honking russian love, Wayne Campbell, Sammy Shep a.k.a Fatboy, Kato Pong, Joe Hames, Eddie Montrose, Robbie Ennis, Cum Fiend, Kenny, Music Tree, Tim, HeeHeeSandyMonkeyHeeHee, Andy the Glass Collector, olivia, Jason Tatton,Montose Avenue,Jason Tatton, Dominic Haynes, Robbie Boi, Dr Ennis, Dr Ennis, drennis, Jeldo Mansion, omybinliner, Christie, peter_p, Eddie, Kelvin Wheeler, RB, JC, Candy Moy-Moy-Moy, Libby Chattergy, Ernie, Bob Houlston, Bo, Rachel B, P.H, Drunk Phil, Anthony Mildred, Paul Ray, Nimrod's Son, Alex Poofy Head, moody, trevormcilveen, Ia'kat, Rob's Woman, jamie, Clive, Drunk Pete, Sexy chick, Sandy Castill, David, Blaise Mille, Tom Barnett, christopher jacob david david david, JAcky, Pyro-Dude, Scoob, Fionn Napier, Jackie Cum Fetish, Tim Brown, Grace Normab, Colin Ballard, Jane, Dr Ennis, R Clark - Reynolds, catriona Irving, I_aM_nObOdY, Miguel Hatstrobe, Teddie Rush, c brockbanks, Steve Will Jack Off Pepper, ian, Andy Sands, stewart, emily rhodes, Karl Beckebaur, Dean, john, Marie Page, German Boy, Jack, WormBIGWorms, generic, Adam chady, resident, James Seals, Burak Sezgin, Kim Deal, Edddie, Joe Debutante, Gill , jackp, Joanna, Dave Atkins, Richard the Mouse Heart, Simon B, Neil Jinkerson, Charchi, Kelly Jones, Rob, andy pandy, Eros, god of Sex. (not reeeeeley), Nick Lewis, Mapki, DJH, David McNickle, mrs mangel, Alex T, Mandy Stroyer, Kylie Steyning, I have Glue Ear, Mai Le Warren, paxton, Nick who lives in Rowlatt Drive, james Cowen, Joe, James Gardner, Osh, Kirsty, Eddie Breen, Tim Brip, P.I., nannix, Biker Spice, Andy Bob, Eddie Locus, AJ, Edd Maltby, Jackie, B.A. Miah, Jason Tatton, Minority Vagueness, Dirk Diggler, Sarah Clarke, Bobble, Tracy Pym, Colin Hagger, jimkatim, Chucky Anal, Simon Matheson, Tom Withnail of Three Corby Close, sam,, Owen Cash, Davey Crockett, Plume and Kite from The Recruiting Offic, Andy Ayre, Ginger Skatey Tom, disco, Antony, Warren Wong, Gen, jess, jarge, Matt Oaks, luke and buster, Jamie Marshall, pierre, Sam, Rie, da Messiah, Dr Gonzo, david lim, Shane Shanahan, JAck Man, David Essex, Sarah Evans, Jess Lurve, Robert Sprigge, tom, Caroline Duncan, penisdickface, Lauren, Simon La Cum-Fountain, kerry homer, steve neal, Miko a-la Bong-Hit, Andy, Lusty Bob, Steve Howard, alec, Pepper Paul, Timmy T, EJ, christopher parkinson - 18 churchill Rd, Ian Chorley, squeaky, diskkeeper, Oliver Hilton, BY DESIGN, claire, emma cooke, Andrew H, GAZ, mike hill, Jason Yung, Lucie Follett, Rudolf Ucker, Mykee 80s Goth, Matt Kent, Ally, Altavista Bob, George Harrison, steve, Greb Ennis, Lindsay Seagrim-Trinder, Tim Warren, James Fisher, grace, andrew whawell, Bob, Heather, chris.p, Aimee Woods, Kelly Mill, Michel Whiskey, Fred da Junglist, realhorrorshow, ss, Ruth L, mke D, Red Lettuce, Danny Choad, izzy hurley, Queen of Broken Shoe, Waitrose Krew, Jessica Ives, Doctor Lucid, Nicole Kidman, Lukin De La O, Taf, Keegan Alexander, Jason Tatton (again), David Follett, Nat, Sarah, will sealy, Adam, Jacob Kesner, ivan, mind your own biz, Fay Stodart, nate, Stuart, rav, Richard Emms
Last updated: 2015-12-19
More stuff about St Albans
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- St Albans Knowhere Board