Magazine and Comic Shops in St Albans, Hertfordshire*
Mags, mags and more mags
You can tell us more about St Albans.
Magazine and Comic Shops
- Chaos City in town
- borders has just opened in London Colney, opposite Sainsbury's.
- Village news on the outside of the village arcade on the high street is shit hot for all sorts of magazines, quite unexpectedly so.
- Chaos City Rules.
- Chaos city
- Mr Patels in the maltings the cat is a f*ing ledgend representing for the manor still respect Mr P hold it down but the Aussies are jackin your weak ass team at the MO'
- batchwood stores is a great place, always has a wide range of stock, plus its near batchwood
- I remeber Chaos City in the Maltings(two locations). Then they turned the whole dive into a TK Maxx
- 'Stars at the Verulam Estate' has now closed. I like to think it's because of the poor service they gave - arguing with customers - but it's more likely that the lease expired.
- Eat my magazines....eat them with tomato sauce...what..you say to-may-to..I'm gonna kick yo asssssss
- back to chaos city, but remember not to talk, you'll scare the locals!
- Londis on Hatfield Road has an incredibly extensive selection of magazines, considering. Marianne is the resident expert; I was trying to track down a copy of Fudgy Wudgy, which is almost impossible to find, and she managed to order it in for me. Plus the staff have snazzy orange uniforms!
- chaos city comics have excellent range of action figures.
- comics are for little children, and the magazines sold are not.
- I read a comic once about a man with a dog but the dog had two legs
- Actually, Chaos City Comics has grown into one of the best comic shops in the UK! It now sells a vast range of Imported Comics - direct from the USA (including the stranger JTHM and of course are patrons to Kevin Smith's J&SB!). The Store has been in business for 10 years (how many other comic shops have lived that long?) and now stocks... Anime DVD's, Manga, Toys, and loads more... Not only that, they have one of the best selections of Silver Age comics - including X-Men #1 in high grade! And yes, Chaos City is still run by Richard "not so chunky dude" Emms and Derek Watson.
It also has over 120,000 back issues from the 1960's to present!
Spread over 2 floors and 1000 square feet of comic heaven!
The store is also open late on fridays and 12:00 - 4:00 on sundays...
HIVE? Didn't that become a T-shirt shop in Brighton? And Dave's? Been there and couldn't find a thing - due to a great filing system!!! How much is this???!
- Frank can get you many magazine you may ask for, all of them being porno. Warren once pay his £300 rent with porn, and BIG RON wanted to have Shaihan in payment.
- The Shoe Shop in Wool Road actually sells Magazine and Comic, despite it's misleading title. They sell ice, ice cream, vanilla ice, movies, porn, coconut ice, ice skates, big bowls of ice, and spare parts. Anyone is welcome, although customers with huge afro wig get immense discount, and people called Max have to do ten push ups before they can come in.
- Only really good comic shop is Chaos City Comics (have a feeling it may be the only comics shop) but they've gone down in my estimation since I can't get Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles stuff there anymore. Not fair.
- Dave's Comic Shop is always good. Dave is actually Dave Powell, and he has two eyebrows, known as Tom Barnett and Stewart Overton. He'd look damn cool in eyeliner, but mostly he just plays the tambourine and crashes his car. Paul F crashes his car too. And Andrew Howells is in orbit around Simon Wills, after being sucked into his gravitational field.
- you can buy more magazine from any good newsagent
- Chaos City comics have moved, next to Games Workshop and Woodstock Records, so all the non-geek people in the world can avoid them all.
- I get upset when I read of the fate of the comic shop. I cry my lungs out.
- They sell mens magazines about men in some newsagents
- Cahos City next to games workshop which is by clock tower
- Mike the drunk guy used to run a Comic Shop, but in the end he sold all his comics, and bought Gin. He rolls around nowadays.
- Import Rotation has caused Chaos City to move to Heritage Close, but it sucked after the Andrew Prichard/Swivel Chair incident. Much better to go to the Hive, although that's in Worthing.
- There is only 1 why u ask. They dont sell studio 54 ndisco supremeo comics ( they do exist)
- Chaos City Comics in Heritage Close, been a patron of theirs for years, very friendly, and the guys that run it, Rich and Derek, are great blokes.
- Chaos City Comics is far too X-Men for my liking, and they don't sell JTHM.
AND the guy thought I looked like Brian Molko.
- Stars at the Verulam Estate. There are cool old ladys that let you have 20p worth of penny sweets when really you had 23 sweeties
- that place in the in-shops that claims to have luke skywalkers trowsers
- Chaos city Comics owned by the chunky dude Richard Emms
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: krissy, cristov, Jackie Emm, guy, phil, neil, donna, Jackie Hunt, Tony Quance, Psion, Phil Sumner, Grace Norman, Carlos Mockie, jon, Jake Pog, Alan Kilcoyne, Coxy, alex, Temujin, MAX CAVALERA! SOULFLY!, Kozue, Blow iN MY aSS!, geetarspaz, Nick Fisher, M, Jimney Cricket, Molly Bloom, Simon Philips, Simon, robbie, Mike Rotch, rachel, kitty james, Zyggy, Cath, Mike Rolph, Buddha, Michael Robins, Sk8burger, Dave Powell, The Prophet, Caity Roe, IanChorley, Emily Cridland, David Johnson, Bob Marley, Tom Conyway, john glanville, Honking russian love, Wayne Campbell, Sammy Shep a.k.a Fatboy, Kato Pong, Joe Hames, Eddie Montrose, Robbie Ennis, Cum Fiend, Kenny, Music Tree, Tim, HeeHeeSandyMonkeyHeeHee, Andy the Glass Collector, olivia, Jason Tatton,Montose Avenue,Jason Tatton, Dominic Haynes, Robbie Boi, Dr Ennis, Dr Ennis, drennis, Jeldo Mansion, omybinliner, Christie, peter_p, Eddie, Kelvin Wheeler, RB, JC, Candy Moy-Moy-Moy, Libby Chattergy, Ernie, Bob Houlston, Bo, Rachel B, P.H, Drunk Phil, Anthony Mildred, Paul Ray, Nimrod's Son, Alex Poofy Head, moody, trevormcilveen, Ia'kat, Rob's Woman, jamie, Clive, Drunk Pete, Sexy chick, Sandy Castill, David, Blaise Mille, Tom Barnett, christopher jacob david david david, JAcky, Pyro-Dude, Scoob, Fionn Napier, Jackie Cum Fetish, Tim Brown, Grace Normab, Colin Ballard, Jane, Dr Ennis, R Clark - Reynolds, catriona Irving, I_aM_nObOdY, Miguel Hatstrobe, Teddie Rush, c brockbanks, Steve Will Jack Off Pepper, ian, Andy Sands, stewart, emily rhodes, Karl Beckebaur, Dean, john, Marie Page, German Boy, Jack, WormBIGWorms, generic, Adam chady, resident, James Seals, Burak Sezgin, Kim Deal, Edddie, Joe Debutante, Gill , jackp, Joanna, Dave Atkins, Richard the Mouse Heart, Simon B, Neil Jinkerson, Charchi, Kelly Jones, Rob, andy pandy, Eros, god of Sex. (not reeeeeley), Nick Lewis, Mapki, DJH, David McNickle, mrs mangel, Alex T, Mandy Stroyer, Kylie Steyning, I have Glue Ear, Mai Le Warren, paxton, Nick who lives in Rowlatt Drive, james Cowen, Joe, James Gardner, Osh, Kirsty, Eddie Breen, Tim Brip, P.I., nannix, Biker Spice, Andy Bob, Eddie Locus, AJ, Edd Maltby, Jackie, B.A. Miah, Jason Tatton, Minority Vagueness, Dirk Diggler, Sarah Clarke, Bobble, Tracy Pym, Colin Hagger, jimkatim, Chucky Anal, Simon Matheson, Tom Withnail of Three Corby Close, sam,, Owen Cash, Davey Crockett, Plume and Kite from The Recruiting Offic, Andy Ayre, Ginger Skatey Tom, disco, Antony, Warren Wong, Gen, jess, jarge, Matt Oaks, luke and buster, Jamie Marshall, pierre, Sam, Rie, da Messiah, Dr Gonzo, david lim, Shane Shanahan, JAck Man, David Essex, Sarah Evans, Jess Lurve, Robert Sprigge, tom, Caroline Duncan, penisdickface, Lauren, Simon La Cum-Fountain, kerry homer, steve neal, Miko a-la Bong-Hit, Andy, Lusty Bob, Steve Howard, alec, Pepper Paul, Timmy T, EJ, christopher parkinson - 18 churchill Rd, Ian Chorley, squeaky, diskkeeper, Oliver Hilton, BY DESIGN, claire, emma cooke, Andrew H, GAZ, mike hill, Jason Yung, Lucie Follett, Rudolf Ucker, Mykee 80s Goth, Matt Kent, Ally, Altavista Bob, George Harrison, steve, Greb Ennis, Lindsay Seagrim-Trinder, Tim Warren, James Fisher, grace, andrew whawell, Bob, Heather, chris.p, Aimee Woods, Kelly Mill, Michel Whiskey, Fred da Junglist, realhorrorshow, ss, Ruth L, mke D, Red Lettuce, Danny Choad, izzy hurley, Queen of Broken Shoe, Waitrose Krew, Jessica Ives, Doctor Lucid, Nicole Kidman, Lukin De La O, Taf, Keegan Alexander, Jason Tatton (again), David Follett, Nat, Sarah, will sealy, Adam, Jacob Kesner, ivan, mind your own biz, Fay Stodart, nate, Stuart, rav, Richard Emms
Last updated: 2015-12-19
More stuff about St Albans
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- St Albans Knowhere Board