Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear in St Albans, Hertfordshire*
Stockists of gear to make good sounds
You can tell us more about St Albans.
Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- The music Department on the corner opposite Watsons Walk
- brittania woodwind
- Britannia Music Shop on Hatfield road. No longer has the afro man but a blond(ish) bird. They now do cheap yamaha keyboards and guitars as well as all the ladida orchestral stuff! If you're into the piano there is also Brooklands piano's behind them.
- that place next to Manic vinyl on Hatfield road has everything you need for playing the sax.
- HOOTERS IS A RIP OFF!! THEY ARE TWICE AS DEAR AS EVERYWHERE ELSE.
- St. Albans Music Centre - the best for ordering stuff.
- Hooters on holywell hill. No. 1 for sheet music OR for guitar/bass players and all your amp and accessory needs.
- Hooters on chequer street
- I don't like the Music Dept. The old guys are hostile.
- Music dept
- Tuba talk, Holywell hill, I think they've changed their name recently since they don't sell Tubas... Bit misleading eh?
- there's one just up the road from safeway-also a great skate spot. iyts purple u can't miss it.
- TUBA TALK!! We love you!
- The one on London Road is blatantly the best. Downstairs smells severely of pot. But they have the best guitar selection in town.
- near the odeon...excellent shop. great second hand deals.
- Visit Music City St Albans for FOUR musical instrument shops. Access their websites via http://www.houlston.freeserve.co.uk/links.htm
- Tuba Talk is a rip-off...
The Music Dept is full of middle-aged guitarist-nobs who think they know more than me and it stinks...
The St Albans Music Dept is run by that scary old woman and only sells stuff like cellos and sheet music anyway
.....anyone know any others?
- TubaTalk - bloody good, bloody expensive
- Tuba Talk is easily the best music shop in town. They've just opened a new shop in Chequer Street which is really smart. The guys in there know their stuff too. Only thing is its got a silly name.
- You can suck on a hot saxophone if you hang round Tuba Talk.. all the young men suggest that Jazz Musicians introduce some kind of circular breathing technique to their instrument..
- The Music Dept is always cool, and it's where Tim Bob went when his bass guitar broke, and a bunch of puzzled engineers and him couldn't find the problem. No-one except Chris saw this, everyone else was busy watching Tom Morello break two strings and then get a new guitar.
- I like to go to Britannia Music, wearing breeches and a jerkin. Paul Merser is there, and his afro wobbles like a massive jelly. Man, kids get absorbed into it. Also, the shop is purple, and Richard Gill works there. Who is Paul Pepper.
- I like to shop in Tuba Talk, and sometimes my friends cycle the whole way across St. Albans to buy ste-rings for bass guitars. But they are real expensive, plus Tuba Talk is s silly name.
- Music Dept. have gone up in the world, they now have a big advert in NME. I like to go in there and passively smoke. They let me play a bass guitar once.
- ABC Music is cool, and you can taunt the child who is tied up there by a long piece of rope, as he runs about trying to confuse you. Beware!
- Pete takes 5 years to remember your name, but he gives you free stuff if you can tell him who he was drinking with last night. He should turn downstairs into a caff.
- The Jet Station in Hollywell hill now sells those melody pop things. so cOO0ol ...unless you eat it to quickly. damn my sucky sucking skills
- Pete's shop, or ABC Music as it is properly known, on London Road is a good one. You might also find good musicians advertised on cards on the door. Pete's a good bloke too, I've known him since I was very likkle. Mainly sells guitars and rock pop type of stuff. Britannia music shop on Hatfield road, just past The Crown, sells more classical sheet music and ladida instruments like cellos and stuff. Please do excuse my lack of eloquence.
- Brittania music. Please somebody buy my saxophone. It's only £400. You know you want it. Luv Andy the Fighting Cocks Glass Collector.
- You can get some nice guitars from Waitrose, all of which are comically named after the person who made them..
The "Chris Ennis" looks like it is made from maple syrup, and is mighty in size.
The "Stephen Howard" is, amusingly, pint glass shaped, and it has flames.
The "Paul Ray" is also pint glass shaped, but more white.
- The Music Dept is fun, if you walk through the haze of smoke that hangs about the entrance to that shop. Speak to the comatose guy playing an acoustic guitar. They have nice music books, and they know them all from the picture on the front.
- Buy your instrument from Mike
- Dont go to the Music Dept cos they speak down their nozes at you and think they know everything. oooo but do go to Tuba Talk cos the guy gave me a free capo for my guitar.
- tuba talk? the music store (or whatever its called) in london rd. I normally travel to digital village in barnet or turnkey in charing X rd to get electronic gear
- Tuba Talk in the charter place
- the new tuba talk. my favorites still the music store (or whatever its called) on london Rd
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: krissy, cristov, Jackie Emm, guy, phil, neil, donna, Jackie Hunt, Tony Quance, Psion, Phil Sumner, Grace Norman, Carlos Mockie, jon, Jake Pog, Alan Kilcoyne, Coxy, alex, Temujin, MAX CAVALERA! SOULFLY!, Kozue, Blow iN MY aSS!, geetarspaz, Nick Fisher, M, Jimney Cricket, Molly Bloom, Simon Philips, Simon, robbie, Mike Rotch, rachel, kitty james, Zyggy, Cath, Mike Rolph, Buddha, Michael Robins, Sk8burger, Dave Powell, The Prophet, Caity Roe, IanChorley, Emily Cridland, David Johnson, Bob Marley, Tom Conyway, john glanville, Honking russian love, Wayne Campbell, Sammy Shep a.k.a Fatboy, Kato Pong, Joe Hames, Eddie Montrose, Robbie Ennis, Cum Fiend, Kenny, Music Tree, Tim, HeeHeeSandyMonkeyHeeHee, Andy the Glass Collector, olivia, Jason Tatton,Montose Avenue,Jason Tatton, Dominic Haynes, Robbie Boi, Dr Ennis, Dr Ennis, drennis, Jeldo Mansion, omybinliner, Christie, peter_p, Eddie, Kelvin Wheeler, RB, JC, Candy Moy-Moy-Moy, Libby Chattergy, Ernie, Bob Houlston, Bo, Rachel B, P.H, Drunk Phil, Anthony Mildred, Paul Ray, Nimrod's Son, Alex Poofy Head, moody, trevormcilveen, Ia'kat, Rob's Woman, jamie, Clive, Drunk Pete, Sexy chick, Sandy Castill, David, Blaise Mille, Tom Barnett, christopher jacob david david david, JAcky, Pyro-Dude, Scoob, Fionn Napier, Jackie Cum Fetish, Tim Brown, Grace Normab, Colin Ballard, Jane, Dr Ennis, R Clark - Reynolds, catriona Irving, I_aM_nObOdY, Miguel Hatstrobe, Teddie Rush, c brockbanks, Steve Will Jack Off Pepper, ian, Andy Sands, stewart, emily rhodes, Karl Beckebaur, Dean, john, Marie Page, German Boy, Jack, WormBIGWorms, generic, Adam chady, resident, James Seals, Burak Sezgin, Kim Deal, Edddie, Joe Debutante, Gill , jackp, Joanna, Dave Atkins, Richard the Mouse Heart, Simon B, Neil Jinkerson, Charchi, Kelly Jones, Rob, andy pandy, Eros, god of Sex. (not reeeeeley), Nick Lewis, Mapki, DJH, David McNickle, mrs mangel, Alex T, Mandy Stroyer, Kylie Steyning, I have Glue Ear, Mai Le Warren, paxton, Nick who lives in Rowlatt Drive, james Cowen, Joe, James Gardner, Osh, Kirsty, Eddie Breen, Tim Brip, P.I., nannix, Biker Spice, Andy Bob, Eddie Locus, AJ, Edd Maltby, Jackie, B.A. Miah, Jason Tatton, Minority Vagueness, Dirk Diggler, Sarah Clarke, Bobble, Tracy Pym, Colin Hagger, jimkatim, Chucky Anal, Simon Matheson, Tom Withnail of Three Corby Close, sam,, Owen Cash, Davey Crockett, Plume and Kite from The Recruiting Offic, Andy Ayre, Ginger Skatey Tom, disco, Antony, Warren Wong, Gen, jess, jarge, Matt Oaks, luke and buster, Jamie Marshall, pierre, Sam, Rie, da Messiah, Dr Gonzo, david lim, Shane Shanahan, JAck Man, David Essex, Sarah Evans, Jess Lurve, Robert Sprigge, tom, Caroline Duncan, penisdickface, Lauren, Simon La Cum-Fountain, kerry homer, steve neal, Miko a-la Bong-Hit, Andy, Lusty Bob, Steve Howard, alec, Pepper Paul, Timmy T, EJ, christopher parkinson - 18 churchill Rd, Ian Chorley, squeaky, diskkeeper, Oliver Hilton, BY DESIGN, claire, emma cooke, Andrew H, GAZ, mike hill, Jason Yung, Lucie Follett, Rudolf Ucker, Mykee 80s Goth, Matt Kent, Ally, Altavista Bob, George Harrison, steve, Greb Ennis, Lindsay Seagrim-Trinder, Tim Warren, James Fisher, grace, andrew whawell, Bob, Heather, chris.p, Aimee Woods, Kelly Mill, Michel Whiskey, Fred da Junglist, realhorrorshow, ss, Ruth L, mke D, Red Lettuce, Danny Choad, izzy hurley, Queen of Broken Shoe, Waitrose Krew, Jessica Ives, Doctor Lucid, Nicole Kidman, Lukin De La O, Taf, Keegan Alexander, Jason Tatton (again), David Follett, Nat, Sarah, will sealy, Adam, Jacob Kesner, ivan, mind your own biz, Fay Stodart, nate, Stuart, rav, Richard Emms
Last updated: 2015-12-19
More stuff about St Albans
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- St Albans Knowhere Board