Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in St Helens, Merseyside*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about St Helens.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- St Helens is shocking for a night out and there are some real idiots about who just look for trouble. But I always have a good laugh when I go out coz I have a good group of mates!
- The town is full of wollybacks and is a bad shit hole.they hate scousers but try and talk and dress like us the thick twats.
- ** Don't even attempt to go in any St Helens nightclub if your not from the town............they instinctively know your not a local,so you spend the whole night on the verge of snapping someones jaw.................you need to be about 15 deep to stand a chance against them or do what I do wait for one of em to go the bogs and bingo em........taxi for me and a taxi to whiston for them!!................your a scouser in a club and no matter what every gobshite wool will back another wool up even if they have never met,which is standard really....................All im saying is that St Helens people have massive chips on their shoulders and feel totaly inadequate when around people not from their town (especially scousers)....mix this with copious amounts of alcohol and there is only one outcome...TROUBLE...........in short,if your not from there don't go out for a drink because even if you arn't looking for trouble,trouble will find you because wools by nature are shitbags and only fight in groups.
- Pubs hear about the turks head becuase of camra and tried it...found it on the middle of rough housing estate wondered if it was the right pub! Nothing special another back street boozer full of old men quaffing over priced mild and bitter, no entertainment or food on and not too friendly staff. Give this a miss if you are thinking of trying it better pubs in the towncente
- Wagon n horses get down there every friday play bingo n a raffle cant fuckin beat it, its sick as fuck beats wigan pier any day
- Remember the Court School of Dancing on Cropper Hill, there were chairs all round the edge of the room and it was mainly disco music, but inbetween there was the square tango, waltz etc and all done with your local heart throb eek not even any ale served, but strangely enough you came out drunk. No, fighting, stabbing or bottling in them days tho.............
- Kittywake party boat - Wigan pier.
- Town is dead on Friday nights, and Saturday's struggle in the autumn/winter. There is nowhere u would call unique or alternative or hmm classy! The good thing is the circuit of clubs and pubs are all very compact in St Helens. Duke Street is for the oldies, Ormskirk Street for the kids and Westfield for the players. If ur a local then the average routine is as follows... Yates for dinner, Chicago Rock for casual,then Dehli Bar, Maloney's, Panama's to get swinging, over to Chloe's, Bar X and by then ur pissed and then u end up at Nexus whether u like it or not before going for a Kebab and a taxi home, but someone always disputes u when ur taxi pulls up and its ur turn
- ST HELENS IS A BIT NAFF FOR THE DANCE TYPE OF THING
- flex utopia.... fab atmosphere best gay friendly club around wens nights are brill, say hi to gary (roxanne) fab d.j fab legs!
- The only place was the sportmans inn on a wednesday, great DJ (jeff), great regulars and a great night out, the one place were you would hear proper hard metal all night
- town is wank these days not like it use to be.go wigan pier much better nite cant beat it.
- Try out the nelson sorry (fluid) on the 3rd friday of the month for a rock night, this has been running for 6 months now and going from strength to strength. See you there.
- St Helens is one great big club hole and bar hell. It's full of bars everywhere. It's worse than wigan. You can still smell the sick on Monday from all the booze heads.
- chicago rock, cafe chloe, need somewhere new, whats opening soon!
- If you fancy mixin with inbred woolie scum then try crystals wipe ur feet on the way out
- nexus is shit town is shit for a night out as you just get bottled or you end up fighting or witness a fight which its not nice drink wise evryboy im out ton8 first time in years so be carefull eh
- Malonies!! last time i was there i bumped into 4 saints players..Booshank!!!
- Crystals...for the old gits
- The Market...
- The best club ever was LOWIES - those WERE the days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x x
- love evrything
- the shicago rock. i live there. its a great cafe restaurant live entertainment and club! total bliss all in one place
- Nexus night club (Fresh faced clientel who cant handle there ale)
Dheli Bar packed to bursting on weekends (great for catching a squeeze of someones ass)
Chicago Rock ( watch for the Big Beefcake in the corner sending out his drug scout slim attractive female.
- everywhere u look in town theres bars int there. nexus panamas stuff like that
- The assembly,
chicago rock cafe,
there are loads more clubs but i don't want to type them all just go exploring!
serioulsy loads of pubs everywhere on most streets only place where there is not a pub is the main street where most of the shops are!!
- cruisers bar,good night,good ale,plenty of dancin,never any trouble,doormen make sure of that,all in all good company to,
- panama joes, deli bar, ice bar,miss aplebys 50p r £1.00 bottle , then go Martines bottle promo , then pay full wack get in crystals who had no offers , but played some good tunes then . miss them thusday nights.
- The assembly now has a totally different night each and every Friday, Its the only Indie night in the town centre at the weekend and is hosted by Gaz from The Clone Roses
- OH MY GOLLY GOSH GOSH. WOOLIE BACK LAND WELL WHAT CAN I SAY. NEXUS IS SHIT BUT ITS SOMETHING TO DO N BETTER THAN CRISTALS WITH THE PILL POPERS N PARRITES. IF U CANT AFFORD LIVERPOOL GO TO ST HELENS NOT WIGAN THATS SHITE. N MANCHESTER IS FULL OF DICKS (LIKE CRISTALS) BEST PLACE IS BAR X ONLY £1.50 A BEVVIE SAME AT THE DALLI BAR. THERE ARE 2 MANNY TITS OUT IN ST HELENS THOUGH WHO WANT TO FIGHT. GUD PLACE TO PULL. THE ASSEMBELLY IS THE BEST ON A THURSDAY EXCEPT WEN FRAGILE IS AT CHLOIES BAR.
- many Grannys to be grabbed in Crystals. Nexus aint a patch on the beast that was the plaza. Applby's back in the day was mint.
- Annoyingly there isn't a single decent alternative music night in St Helens. The Sportsman's Inn has a rock night on a Wednesday but the choice of music through the particular PA sounds bloody horrible. The Zoo Bar do an Indie night on a Monday night, I think - but it's not well advertised and is generally empty though. A shame really because it could be packed if more people knew about it.
- nexus is a disgrace, how old is "dirrty" n "pretty green eyes"? they play em like three times a nite, y do they even have a dj?
- buzbys, jokers dail bar and bar bullion are my fav clubs
- cafe nirvana on a thursday. it has some awesome music, but plays alot of teh same stuff every week.. and theres some awesome people there too.
- CRYSTALS!!! Everyone stop callin it! its great!
- Nexus is the best so far with its modern music not ald 80's stuff that all the other people have been chatting on about its a laugh , but it has to be said that it is well packed on a saturday night but is worth it also cloes is ok aswell
- St Helens is shit, Wigan is much better!!!
- i used to slag of but love plaza what a nightclub why get rid of it??? any 1 remember roller disco's at boundary road? awsome
- Zoo Bar
- most of the dance venues in st helens are downright dangerous places to go due to the fuck witted ,identikit clientel,but the zoo bar is well worth checking out during the week,as is the bell(or is it bear) and barrel at weekends
- nexus!!!!!!!! crystals(stay away). bar X
- The Dali Bar has got to be one of the best bars in town, the variety of music is great, especially for a cheesy night out! It's a fun bar, I've always had a top night.
- nexus,maloneys,bar x,bar 613, panama joes and zoo bar
- never liked the Plaza - Eric's in L'pool was the best.
- Personally I love Maloneys on sunday night which features Nick Dixon Paul Ennis and Sean Sines.
I always 'have a ball'
- Nights out in St helens are geting better but until all the townies are neutered, or just chucked in a pit, St Helens will never be as good as it could be. No serious clubbing but if u just want a laugh how about chicago rock.
- hi there just to let every one know that i am planning to launch a new night of quailty house music with djs from super clubs such as golden and sankey soap so if you ar sick of listing to crap pop and rnb email me and i will give you more info my adress is firstname.lastname@example.org cheers !
- GRANGE VALLEY YOUTHY EV1 USUALLY GOES THER N L8R ON GOES OVA ICELAND 2 NEIL N MATTY N JIDO N THEM IN CARS, AN DRINK ON FRI N SAT WIV DA CARBON WHITE CIDER OR LAMBRELLA (NOT IN YOUTHY, OVA ICELAND CAR PARK LIKE )
- NEXUS HAS GONE REALLY CRAP YOU CANT MOVE A MUSCLE. ITS NO FUN ANYMORE, WHEN YOU WANA HAVE A LAF PEOPLE JUST KEEP FIGHTIN AND THE BOUNCERS JUST STAND AND WATCH. I LOVE ST HELENS THO ITS MY TOWN!!!!!
- I have worked in nexus for one and a half years now, so i think i deserve an opinion. i believe the underage* "patrons" Who are being accepted into the nexus experience have contaminated the whole atmosphere. i have seen 14 year old people coming in with their younger bro's and sis's! this is why nexus is going down the pan, admittedly nexus was "the ultimate club experience" but now is nothing more than a "social event". As i am a glass collector i must also admitt that the floors are rather full of shit, contrary to many peoples beliefs some* glass collector's do, in fact, WORK but many dont!. anyway, back to the point, a simple thing like placing your glass (plastic) on a table or even better a BAR would reduce the amount of glass or plastic on the floor considerably, thus a much better expereince. oh yes one more thing, from my experience club nexus is much better on a saturday!
- Dali bar on a thursday night for cheap vodka and stuff
- Crystals wat is that shithole full of bagheads and pill heads knock it down know please
- i like the fluffy coconut wine bar. (Lovely barman there) and Flex 2 absolutley splendidlious. i love Paul Martlew hes my hero and a hunk with spunk. tata for now lovies
- to my delight I was invited to St.Helens on a night out with a friend of mine from Cheshire....of course at the yaught club I had heard all about St.Helensthe legendary Saints rugby team, St.Helens glass (providing us with quality windows and doors) and the mega stylish and exclusive club...NEXUS!
Coming from Oxford my accent kind of threw some of the men who approached me but being the charming Northerners they are I was soon offered a pint and a kebab if I was to share a taxi home! The music ranged from Abba and Wham to shake your shimmy and 'face down,arse up' so therefore if you fancy an entertaining and interesting night out...hit st.helens...CLUB NEXUS...it will rock your world...as St.Helens is ONE WORLD!
- Come on everyone misses the plaza they were the days. Start in Nelson onto forum 44 then stagger on hopefully making it to the plaza. I loved my time in there wouldn't change it for the world. As for the doormen I never had any problems with them they were a nice bunch of lads once you got to know them!
- Now the plazas shut catch the action at NEXUS every friday and saturday or if you fancy extending a thursday night after bar x, crystals is always worth a shout,trust me
- crystals!!! yeah!!!!
- nexus,the best club ever round town has to be the plaza by a mile it was cool.......
- they do not exist in st helens go to liverpool or if ure desperate the wigan pier.
- only nexus and crystals which r naff (crystals full of pill heads, nexus full of plastic scouse), assembly is open till 2 an is free entry although not strictly a niteclub. cant wait to see if the savoy is gonna be any good!
- day and nite after 11pm, conveince store turns into rock club
- all bad. mainly divorced people or the children who cant get in to liverpool.yates= old desperate men. nexus= dont go in if u value ure life. live sex shows going on on the many chairs and stairs. stickiest carpet in the northwest. barx just crap. forum (or whateva new name) has improved. chicago rock is just poor. the worst decor known to mankind. no variation in the place. all crap music and overpriced. all on one street. maloneys is the one decent (irish bar) with cocktails. recomend the green dragon and bublegum. since radio city doing nexus it si actually worse. the is only private hire taxis and normally u end up no_ 134 in the queue or higher. leave early. ure missing nothing.only advantage about ten paces between each place. just dont bother
- Chicago Rock Cafe, Crystals, Nexus
- DEAR THE WORLD! NEXUS IS GREEEAAAAT AND ANYONE WHO THINKS OTHERWISE IS REALLY REALLY REALLY SAD!!!!!!!!!!! SO THERE! XXX
- they are all awful. by far the worst is the sinbin because its doormen are like animals.
- the plaza days ruled them all! although i did used to enjoy nexus when i was younger (eg: 16-17) but ive grown out of that now. tend to stick to chicago rock and yates if i bother goin out at all. the assembley is the best bar in town though - DEFO.
- None left since Plaza shut
- FIRSTLY, NEXUS HAS SHIGHT MUSIC N NOT ENUF ROOM FOR EVERYBODY WHO GOES, MALONEYS IS ONLY GOOD IF U WNT TO SIT DWN WIF A DRINK, FORUM 44 USED TO BE GOOD UNTIL IT CHANGED TO ASSEMBLY N EVRY1 STOPPED DANCIN. CRYSTALS IS THE CLUB WIF THE BEST MUSIC N ISNT A DIVE NO MATTER WOT NE1 SAYS, FOR A GOOD NITE OUT N A LAFF GO TO CRYSTALS.
- after moving to st helens from a small village in the valleys of south wales a year and a half ago i was amazed with the amount of gorgeous young women there were in st helens! i had clearly been deprived of this valuable comodity much of my life back home in wales! i have recently started working in the excellent bar x and have found myself being very surprised by the amount of fit young girls that frequent the place that i had never seen before in my life!!! GREAT!!!
- There is a rumour going around that nexus is some sort of undercover coke dealing joint. what a terrible, terrible totally false accusation to make. i mean, who would do such a thing, what the bouyncers in collusion with the owners, selling cheap cocaine to scallies? what a shocking and false thing to say!!!!!!!
- Bring back the Plaza!!! At the time I was too young to really appreciate its greatness, I was 16 and wanted to get into the Adults clubs. But now I go the Adults clubs and theres nothing I'd want more than a revival of the PURPLE PALACE!!!! (Anyone remeber the podiums they put on the dance floor and everyone fell off!!
- Nexus is top!
How come its packed to the brim every friday and Saturday is it is as bad as you say it is?
Its changed alot over the past 12 months, trying out different music styles and age groups.
I suggest you take a look expecially on a friday :)
- nexus(classic) crystals(we'll see)
- Chasers - Earlestown...sorry Xenon!!!! OH MY GOD! The shame, still better than Crystals though.
- NExus, maloneys, crystals, buzbys, the usual
- bar x and crystals r da best. nexus has turned into a dive wid da sticky carpet and people bein threw off da balconies. they shud be payin us a fiver to go in there.
- St.helens is half decent for nite clubs but the only one which plays good music is a bit of a dive to be honest.. its a great night out on a thursday or sunday. Maloneys and Crystals are the place to be sundays. But if your looking for a really good night.. head down to liverpool!! CLUB BARCELONA - TOP JOB!
- Malony's and the Nexus are two of my favourites
- Pfft, yeah right. They've shut down the Purple Peril Plaza and replaced it with some Smooth Terry's Orange Bar - (gah, trendy wine bar) - Nexus is poor, even by the standards of nightclubs whilst Forum is crap too. In fact they're all a bit pooh and Chicago Rock never plays one song all the way through which defeats the object of listening to music in my experience. Plenty of Kebab shops though, the Spicy Rat near Apollo and the TripleXXX is reliable and there's a plethora (read and learn kids) of various shops not selling pies on Westfield Street.
- All of you sad eds who believe that Nexus n st helens is gud, u need to get a life..n as for the guy who blessed Mr Nexus' Tash..Hang yourself, u gay git!!
Visit sumwere gud Liverpool, Manchester Ne were n u will realise..Gud Luk wiv ur life UR ALL GONA BLOODY NEED IT...God Bless Your Sad Little Souls!!!!!!!!
- Anyone remember Applebys?!?! Started goin clubbing when I was 13 in there!! Shocker!!
- Nexus in st helens is shit but you know what they say 'HOME SWEET HOME'.... so let's put up with all the pill heads from parr that should go back to CRYSTALIZING and stop raving in nexus to 'Build me up buttercup'....
the saints players are sad twats too! DO THEIR WIVES KNOW THAT THEY HAVE GOT LITTLE GIRLS HANGING OFF THEIR ARMS EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT IN NEXUS???
- Clarendon Hotel on College Street - new gay venue in competition with Flex on Wednesday nights, all gay most nights so why not come down? Come on lads u know u wanna! (july 2002) Also Crystals dpes a gay night on wednesadys for all you fit laddies out there!! Get your pants down and have some fun! (july 2002)
- Forget about NEXUS, evry1 get 2 CRYSTALS, it's always getting slagged off 4 bein shite, if ur into good decent dance music, getting pilled up and avin a laff .... CRYSTALS IS THE PLACE 2 B!!!! Evry1 associates it with sticky carpets and old grannies ... not any more!!!
- the nexus-shite but we love it
- Since the brought the drinkin' age down to twelve none of the placs are worth visiting.
- im a 15 year old livin in st helens, and ive gotta say the forum, bar x, and nexus may not reach the standard of manumission (which i experienced in san an ibiza 2001 and loved it) but for 12 months now nexus makes my friday nights!!! all our gang hav a boss time out round st helens and heres to many more mad piss ups in the future!
- after a visit to the plaza on a friday night (£1 a drink) theres was only one place to head! the party was always booming at fir street flats, thatto heath. on an average night there must have been at least a hundred heads! the rumour is thats were foot and mouth originated. does anyone know who owned number 70???
- Sticky Carpets at Cindy's!!
- bar X, nexus n chicago rock - cant beat em!
- go to Chicago Rock for fun Cheesy 80's/70's/60's.....and watch inbred wankers like Byro trying to tap...watch out girls you dont want to let this one near you.
- you lot want to have a minute ! don't take the piss out of my quality town ! if you dont like it piss off back to the holes you came from - stick cream and ministry up yer chezzers. bring back the old school music of 1988 - 1993. go on gary useless play me my chaka khan ! as for the whipper snappers get back to the forum and dance on the forum gold spot in the middle of the dancefloor with yer slapper clothes !!
- NEXUS: Best place 2 b on a friday nite school disco and on a saturday its the biddy club!
- Plaza R.I.P. ok it had it`s bad moments but i personally loved the place. it`s given me alota good memories. Never liked Nexus. since plaza finished i`ve always gone round wigan. it`s Ggggrrreeaaattt!!!!!
- THE NEXUS IS THE BOMB!1"1 IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A GOOD NIGHT OUT, THE NEXUS IS THE PLACE TO BE.
- CRYSTLES HAS GOT THE BEST DANCE MUSIC IN ST.HELENS. NOT MUCH TO LOOK AT BUT BUZZIN TUNES,WENDSDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY AND SATURDAY( DOWN STAIRS THAT IS)
- Clubs in St Helens. Plaza - Gone. Crystals - O.A.P's. Nexus - Don't make me laugh. Go to Liverpool if you want a good night out, St Helens is cack.
- lived away from st.helens for 5 years,someone please tell me the nite life has improved just slightly.
- the toilets in cindys still never changed(ladies only!)
- WEST PARK MENS CLUB FOR ITS ABSOLUTE INSISTENCE ON THE COMPLETE BANNING OF WOMEN
THE ROST HOG DISH IS FANTASTIC AND MENLY MEN CAN DO WHAT MEN WELL......DO.
- Club nexus is the best club in the world! I can say this because i am
wll travelled pisshead. I have been clubbing in: Manumission(ibiza),
BCM(magaluf), Home(london), cream(liverpool), Baja(newcastle),
crystals(purgatory) (Ministry of sound(london), Palace(Blackpool)
Majestyk(leeds) to name a few, they are all however in the shadow
of the legend that is, club Nexus. Thank you for reading my
hommage to nexus.(god bless every hair on mr nexus owners
- I'm now 23. Iused to go out round St.Helens when I was younger(appleby's, lowies/plaza) and I have to say I wouldny swap my memories for the world.I had a great time. I also used to like going in the Nelson(especially on a Thursday or a Sunday)but when all the others pubs opened in St.Helens,the night life's atmosphere has changed.
- I used to work in Crystals, whilst its quite amusing to work there, It's not exactly a top night out, Nexus - who is their right mind ould design a nightclub with so many stairs to fall down? and i dont know whats going on with Gary useless, he used to be alright in the good old days (in the plaza, when it was exciting to be there cos i wasnt old enough!) and does anyone remember that minging couch in martines (upstairs)??? how comfy was that when u'd drank ur entire body weight - twice!
- nexus kicks arse. I now live in newcastle and out of all the clubs here only one is better than nexus.
- Nexus is a nice club to look at but thats it. Chicago Rock is an absolute hole with probably the worst music I have ever had the misfortune of hearing.
You want decent clubs, go to Liverpool. If you want decent music got to Nelson or Westfields on a Saturday.
- not amny clubs in St Helens existed before the local Labour party were jailed / voted out for corruption (you know who they are from the late 80's early 90's, but since then, any club in St Helens is better thsnt the fighting centres like Applebys and Lowies - life forsaken holes designed for the inbreds St Helens is famous the world over for
- I BELIEVE "HOB GOBLINS" IS STILL QUITE POPULAR, IF ITS JAM PACKED (ONLY TAKES 20 LOCALS or 100 NORMAL HUMANS. TRY "UGLY FAT SLAPPER" THE MUSIC IS GREAT, THE ONE AND ONLY "PIES" TAKES SOME BEATING THOUGH.
- THE PLAZA NIGHT CLUB IS NOT AS BAD AS PEOPLE MADE IT OUT TO BE THEY JUST NEED TO BAN THE CRACK WHORES.
- Im praying for the day nexus 2 opens cos im bored of the old un!
- NEXUS STAFF FIGHT BACK!!!! As staff of nexus we are highly disgusted at members of the public who frequent our establishment, abuse the facilities which are provided (namely toilets) would they treat there own homes like they treat our club also are they abusive to the people they work with in the manner which they are abusive to us! And as for glass on the floor this is due to the said patrons who have no disregard for anyone but themselves, at the end of the day it is not them who has to clean up it is the people who they are abusive to.SB&CB&SC&MB
- Sorry! forgot to mention and as for name dropping to the staff at club nexus it doesn't get you anywhere!!!!!
- Crystals best nite out on a Thursday
Nexus best nite out on a Saturday
- I've got to say that in my opinion, the music in Nexus has improved in recent months, with the DJ playing more dance music later on in the night. Have to also say though, what happened to the over 23's age restriction???? Since the Plaza has shut down they seem to let anyone in!
- Nexus nice club decor terrible music (mr useless), Great Meat Market if you can`t pull here give up. Why oh why do they not have enough ice put beer in the fridges put not turn them on until five mins before opening and give you change in ten ps.
- The Plaza is undergoing refurbishment at the moment, so we're having a bit of peace & quiet!
- The Plaza was the best,cheesiest,funkiest,sweatiest club i have ever known.Anyone who slags it off needs a cork shoving up their arse!
- St helen is in need of some good clubs the Nexus is to full, and full of pompus pricks the bouncers are full of roid rage big undies being the main culprit he wants to keep to staking supermarket food trollies
- WHEY HEY! THE PLAZA HAS FINALLY SHUT DOWN! FROM MAKING ALL US YOUNGSTERS PAY SIX QUID ON A SATURDAY NIGHT , A FRIEND OF MINE HAPLESSLEY VISTITED THE SWEATY CLUB ABOUT THREE WEEKS AGO AND FOUND IT WAS THE LAST NIGHT AND ONLY GOT CHARGED TWO QUID, WITH ABOUT FOUR PEOPLE IN THE WHOLE PLACE THEY DECIDED ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH , CLOSED EARLY AND KICKED EVERYONE OUT
- please, people really do try to convince themselves that these clubs are really good they still fade in comparison with manchester and liverpool, and theirs not one club that plays decent music, its all ibiza 2001 please.youll all grow up one day
- Bring back appblebys all is forgiven.
- All I want to say is that the plaza should be renamed 'THE PURPLE FLEA PIT' and what is it with NEXUS?? Do they have to have sooo much glass on the floor??? Is it a special feature of the club?? I think not..get it sorted!
- Bar X and the Forrum 44 are your best bet! Bar X is modern with a great
atmosphere and cracking DJs. Forrum 44 has a good atmosphere but is full of kids!
- The plaza is my fav place the music is buzzin and I luv the way its painted purple it stands out from the rest. Some of the bouncers in there are basterds though there is one good bouncer called jackie shes ace
- Hey, for any little squiggley spooky kids out there, here are my recommendations. The Raven Lodge is full of lots of very nice old rocker type guys on a Friday, The Sportsmans Inn on a Wednesday night is the new spooky kids night where under 18 nu mettallers can get pissed before school in the morning no questions asked, the Royal Tavern on a dinner time is frequented frequently by music students with dreadlocks and sweaty armpits, the Citadel on the showcase nights usually has a lot of you guys in there thinking it's a big night out, and if you have a root around some of the pubs such as the Pheonix Inn, the Bell and Barrow or the Traveller's Rest you may find a corner full of them watching some farty band.
- Bar X is the best place to go in St Helens, the Radio City nights are great, the ale is great, and the music is ace, modern upbeat commercial dance and chart tunes all night, who could ask for more??????
- hi we are two fine birds letting you know the real score about St.Helens nightlife.
the places to go are Chicago Rock, the plaza(thurs only), nexus and crystals.
St.Helens isnt that bad, its just what you make of it, we go out with the best
crew and you can always gurantee a laugh a minute. if you dont like it then go
somewhere else, we would but cant afford to.
- Nexus is 4 people who enjoy getting rat arsed and making a twat of themselves to songs they can sing along to. They havent got a clue about music and would run out of cream crying cos the dj wouldnt play 'who let the dogs out'. The state of halve the nexus regulars leaves u wondering who let them out. The plaza may be a shit hole but its cheap, and no were else in town will play u white label un-commercial, hardhouse and house tunes, if u ask nicely (ok,crystals, with its mass of 14 year old parr slappers). Ok,it will make do when u aint got enough cash 4 liverpool!
- I love clubbin we need more clubs though I go the plaza everyone nocks it but I think its ace and the music is buzzin theres a really nice bouncer as well called jackie so thats a bonus its cool
- Everyone is bangin on about how shite the music is in St.Helens. Have you never been to the Sinbin for House Hip-Hop & R'n'B, Java for laid back mellow grooves, or WA10 for the finest dance music this side of Prescot? Its cuz you all keep going to Nexus that they think they're doing a good job. If it was empty they would soon buck their ideas up.
- THE PLAZA IS A VERY VERY GOOD PLACE TO GO IF YOU WANNA GET A DISCENT NIGHT OUT! LAST TIME I WENT THEY PLAYED BUZZIN MUSIC THAT GETS YOU UP AND YOU JUST CANT SIT DOWN TO THE MUSIC THEY PLAY!YOU JUST HAVE TO GET UP THE AND BOOGIE THE NIGHT AWAY! PLAZA IS DEFFANATLY A MUST GO AND FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF!!!!1 JUST BRILL NO FIGHTS WHAT SO EVER (BUZZIN)
- When a new club opens in St Helens, Nexus will become Plaza, Plaza will become Crystals, Crystals will become Martines. Clubs are thin on the ground in St Helens and competition needs to be brought in. The effect is now seen with the pubs in St Helens, Market place and Nelson use to rule the street but not anymore thank God. Wetherspoons is shite and full of retards who can't spell, plus the fact that the fat dude behind the bar won't serve you unless you have breasts - saddo.
- CRYSTALS - TIME MACHINE ON THE DOOR TRANSPORTS YOU BACK TO '84. FULL OF FABULOUS OLD SLAPPERS GAGGING FOR IT
- apologies to the nexus goers....i did have a half-decent night last night (25.5.01) bout bloody time....its cost about 300 quid in cash to get a decent night outta them :) CJ
- The Plaza and Appleby's circa 1992. Broken glass in shoes anyone?
- Purple pit..the place to go when you want to see people 5 school years younger than you and you've only just left...!!
Martine's is gonna be Malonies good job really --a Lap dancing club WHY!!
- Maximes for all the rockers/sk8ers/ska-punks/regular punks etc (friday nites only)
- Plaza : Purple pit, Crystals : Just a pit, Nexus : big place, shite music
- Does anyone remember Applebys
- The plaza is the best in St. Helens. Even though it has tweeny boppers init, it still is highly rated. Not as popular as 1990 but still has a roaring crowd. Free admission and a pound a drink. Wot else can we ask for!?
- im a student in St helens and can i just say the clubs are shit. Whats the deal with the purple palace (plaza)? Shit beer, shit music, yer feet stick to the floor, and everywhere you look your surrounded by in-breads! Just like the rest of the town. if your up for shagging a fat in-bread and getting the shits in the morning, from dodgy beer, the plazas the place for you!!
- Nexus what a place. It definately the place to be seen. Yeah right! How about the hole that we all go to so we can get drunk, have a dance and pull a half decent bloke if there are any in St.Helens.
How about telling the truth it s a good laugh and when you need to celebrate and have a good night with the lads or the girls or both its the only place, unless you want to relive the Lowies nights, now that was a laugh and who remebers Applebys, oh my god the memories.
- Martines - next door to the Citadel. You could spend Saturday night in there and not bump into another person all night. Anyone with any sense in the 80s and 90s was going to either Wigan Pier or Liverpool/Manchester and heavily disguising their wooly accent
- NEXUS POSSE IN THE HOUSE! How can anyone call this club - it's modern (not the music!) and has a bit for everyone. All you twats who don't like it cos you can't pull - BOG OFF back to wherever you came from, outsiders just won't take the time to get to know the place, your loss.
- i work in NEXUS and i thoroughly enjoy it. the music isn't sad and most of the people who go there are nice and friendly but admittedly they mostly work at the town hall as someone else said!
- Right - This is it, i'm sick of people sayin that st helens has a good nightlife...its shite!! the pubs are ace especially the new ones...chicago rock, yates, bar x but the clubs are a bag of shite! Plaza used to be good 2 years ago when they played ace tunes and u could walk in and not be afraid to get your head smashed in by sum nutter from liverpooland or parr. nexus......good layout...bad bad music.. the highlight of the night is buying a pint of "diesal" from the bar. i honestly beleive that the people who work there shower the floor in glass before it opens. roll on a new club thats all i say!! CJ
- dont bother any more. been there, seen it, done it. the plaza is a joke.
- THE PURPLE PIT RULES, IF YOU ARE INTO BEER, FIGHTS AND SEX WITH CUTE BIRDS. YEH THE OUNCERS ARE TOSSERS, BUT THERE ALL SOFT AND EASILLY KNOCKED OUT.
GET IN THERE AND SAY HI TO ME.
- Nexus is wank .Say people stood in the same place every week .Saints players walking round thinking that thay are famous , get over yourselves lads .You're not popular anywhere else .and the mucis in nexus sucks big time, Man i feel like a woman 7 times a night(can't wait).Then there's the bouncer slags .Classy women shagging fat men...CLASS .GIVE IT A MISS NEXUS SUCKS DICKS IN HELL.
- I have only been out in St Helens once, but was pleasantly surprised with the quality of night out at Bar X. The Dj plays some great tunes, it is a shame he doesnt stick to the dance music. Oh and the women here are also pretty fine.
- plaza seams ok when drugs have been consumed
- Clubs in St Helens require you to dress the same as everybody else and sing to Wham! songs, or go to places where you feels old enough to be someone's dad, and probably are. In Crystals the bouncers check your footwear to ensure that you can cause maximum damage for your inevitable fight later on.
- Nexus is BOSS!! Where else can you see the freaks of nature which live in this town.
- the plaza is probably the worst school disco i have ever been to!!and the music there is shocking,cheesy dance music at its worst
- grab a granny,@ crystals or the nexus!
- Plaza under 18's was ONCE a good place however,the scousers have now invaded
the woolybacks once again!!
- Nexus was okay at the start but has become incredibly sad and cheesy.There are fare to many people in there and it is DANGEROUS!!!If they played dance music it would be a lot better and may bring people from out of town as the set out is nice for a St.Helens nighclub.It should be extended so the Sean Longs head can fit in (benidorm had problems with his head during the summer).The Plaza is the only place which plays half decent music but there are also many down sides to it.For a start who do those bouncers think they are? More people would find my grandad attractive but they really do think they are it!!!!!There are not even any decent.Martines now known as JDS has apparentley been done up but has anyone actually been?
- St.Helens has improved a lot lately because loads of new bars have opened. The bouncers in the Plaza are "plaza kings" . Dont even bother going in there, it is a dump. If you see any Saints players in Nexus, dont give them any attention-they love it. Dont make a fool of yourself!
- The plaza is full of ignorant bouncers, who are just fat and ugly and think they are georgous but they are not. The lager is watered down and the barmaids are snobby and they also think they are georgous in their cheapo zebra catsuits.The only time they play good music is when Ste Adams is the DJ.
- Nexus is o.k but you can't breathe on a staturday night as it is too full, it plays incredibly cheesy music and it gets boring when you go every week. The plaza is a dive but is qite good when very drunk. It is especially good on a Tuesday night, it only sell one type of bottled drink which is horrible. The toilets are digusting by the end of the nite as they get full of sick!!!
- Right, I work in The Plaza and it's a good night out. We've got some top acts appearing - The Porn Kings, Phatts & Small, Planet Perfecto, Black Legend etc. It's the only club in St.Helens which actually plays dance music and the age limit is now being strictly enforced ( no bull! ) Nexus is a very "pretty" club but there's no atmosphere & the music's stuck in the 80's EVERY night ( thankyou Mr. Usellis & Mr. Kez). And Crystals? Please.
- Nexus - best of a bad bunch ! (if you're feeling flush, go to Liverpool instead)
- Although the plaza is very tacky it is still good for a laugh on a saturday night when you are pisssed and you have to admmit that some of the lads in there are actually quite nice
- stop slagging the purple pit off, ok, it smells of piss, sells shit drinks, and plays shit dance music, and sells food through a hole in the wall by that phone box that looks like something out of a brothel, and has mushrooms growing on the ceiling in the mens toilets,but it keeps the kids from outside mc donalds
- Crystals is a place where everyone sings into their bottles, dance like fools and generally leave the posing to models, good place even though you're feet stick to the carpet.
- Get drunk, get down to the plaza,avoid the pools of sick and that shifty guy in the corner, get lucky with jailbait which due to poor lighting will probably turn out to be your little sisters best mate. Then its of for a kebab before back to my place.
- Fun for the over forties in St. Helens clubs.
1. Crystals. You're guaranteed for a laugh and the decor hasn't changed inside since we were in our twenties.
Nexus. More cullet on the floor than in Pilk's. Like an empty swimming pool and lacking in atmosphere. Why does the DJ in there think that everybody over 30 likes Abba, the Nolan Sisters and Stars on 45? Nice viewing area though!
Come back Stakis, all is forgiven.
- I must admit, NEXUS is a decent place but unfortunately Gary is USELESS! He used to play some fantastic stuff in City Road in the 80's, not any more! Why does he insist on playing "oh Mickey" so often?
- martines is a dump crystalls is good for grabin a granny, nexus is shit n plaza is just like when your pissed and only when your pissed
- Don't go to them any more as I've got a wife and two kids and just feel old when I go in.
- Nexus is alright as long as you stand upstairs. Very cramped downstairs.
The music is okay on friday but on a saturday it's like "party nite" and they play silly music..
- That Big Purple Building known as the Plaza. I thought it was better when it was known as Lowies. A lot scabbier, but more fun. I miss that loungey bit upstairs.
I suppose everyone goes to Nexus these days anyway.
- Not much choice here. If you like towny kind of places then you'll love St Helens. The main club in St Helens plays a lot of 80s music which sums up St Helens' nightlife really. People were still wearing suits/ties etc. well into 1992.
- I thought Nexus would be the highlight of St Helens but I was mistaken. The music is sad and as soon as I walk in and hear the sound of 'A whim away, a whim away, in the jungle the mighty jungle' I feel like screaming. When are we going to get a decent club that plays decent music - why should we have to go into Manchester or Liverpool just to stay in the 1990's?
- Another good club would'nt go amiss..I used to like Chalon Court..
I know we have NEXUS but that can get rather Tedious on a saturday nite.And very packed may i had. THere is always alot of glass on the floor aswell so watch out all you ladies who wear open toe sandals. The music is very good, a bit thin on the ground for "good looking males" i think alot have been banned !!!
- The Plaza. Everyone from St.Helens knocks the Plaza because it looks a bit tacky and there are a few 16 year olds in there, but I'm going to stand up for it.
There are lots of lovely girls in there, it's just a matter of selecting the legally aged ones who have a bit of self respect.
We've all been there, we all enjoy ourselves, we all get pissed there, so lets stop knocking it!!!!
- Whoever goes to the Plaza is either a loser or still at school
- All St Helens clubs are a bloodbath waiting to happen . AVOID
- St Helens now has a new nightclub named "Nexus" This is owned by the previous owner of Applebys which has now had its drinks licence swapped
over. It is fully air conditioned and is a really clean club and mid 80's music. There is hardly ever any trouble and it is soon to be expanded to
include a restaurant and another dance floor.
- Tish Pish - Go to Manchester, they're mad fer it....whatever it is.
- Reflections, Chalon Court Hotel (over 23s)
By the way, Reflections nightclub - only really for girls looking for sugar daddies (as this club is based in a hotel where businessmen stay over) or for young lads to eye up the totty. And, yes, St. Helens does have some very good looking girls - and not bad blokes either!
- There's a Gay disco on Wednesdays at a club that use to be called 'Flecks' Not sure of it's name now, but the Gay switchboard will know, always a friendly welcome.
- Nexus - a good night with good music and young kids can't get in
- Lets not beat about the bush. Clubs in St Helens are fine if you are under 18 or want to shag anyone from the Finance Dept at the Town Hall. Otherwise, forget it.
- New club Nexus on Westfield St. is the place to be, this is not average but brilliant. The atmosphere is fantastic with plush carpets, neon lights and great music. No sticking to the carpets here maties!!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Simon Appleton, discount adult dvds, Chris Welsby, worthy n mike n choc choc, Oggy, jenny, j hopkins, julie pye, neil, Rachell Smith, frederick george henry jackson, John Purslow, amy and sam, Danny Gordon, MARTIN ALCOCK, Craig Hunter, paul,fraser, maria, amanda guest, andrea leavesley, Gary Mountfield, Gaz, M Beattie, Buffle, hose pantie, kate, Claire, Jenny Mandelson, The Star Merton Bank, Paula Terry, Casso, T.Marshall, Gary Tunstall, Bustopher Jones, Samantha, dave jones, LINDSAY BARKER, acorn, Jane Smith, David Moore, ROBERT LAMB, glenn, cazza, Keri, Menlay, mel, Jimmy stathem, rob h, John Smith, Julie McPherson, JOHN UNSWORTH, Johnny wellies, nicola, chris, Nicki, Nichola Davenport, email@example.com, julie, rachel, smithy, VIC, Carl Thompson, andrea, rich higgins, St Helens Musicians, Suddy, Trish, gobbinhead, sam shevlin, AKA BOBLAM, Bill Worthersly, TWICE, Ste & Sarah, paul kirkman, Briandroid, Gareth Platt, Peter, Ashamed, Grego, Andy Hilton, sarah jacobson, brian gibson, tez, matt, Mike, me, Eccleston Angling Centre, bridgit, Lippy, jean, Mimi, Anthony Bouvier, lindsey, Ian John Mercer, Gaz Mountfield, paula tyrer, Tommy Cooke, Rach, kevner, Christine, ste cunningham, Bill Owen, l muzz, TIM, steph, andrea clay, marc duffy, Caz, ant, Jon Powell, Bubba, duncan, Angela, ben, Tony Pentin, Pete Hamlet, Mark Arnold, james stanley, token dolly ird, PAUL CUNTLIFFE, nam dave, Ste, Mike oxsmall, Danielle, matty, Kell, John Pickering, Grace Walker, K D Brown, Robert Chisnall, billy, melissa, Posh Spice, pual, Ian Caine, PoD, ERIC FAULKNER, W W W W W W, Debra Jervis, james gaskell, Deborah Crehan, susan burke, hursty, Jimmy Gaskell, Rookiecec, Macca, Griffiths, norma, Marilyn, Jim, jackie stout, Shel, Joanne Hope, Supermoo ....;0), Sean Graham, fran, ken, fat pat, The Mysterious G, Vicki Cummings, mike glover, pk[ekvbpf[, riggers221, william, Betty Avery, wingnut, maureen burrows, chris cruise, pengy, jon ody, Glen Moore, zwei, Nigel Lea-Wilson, Brian, James Hopkins, Neil Morrell, Laura, Marie morrisons, H., becca, wilecoyote, E,ARCHER, dave m grey, kirsty, alanpartridge65, Helen Taylor, ecculz, j stewart, David, nR, nathan, Ango, morgan, B CONNOR, alison, mintys mum, JGCooper, drew, Zig, Liam Rice, Kaz, Jonathan Webster, mbeattie, roger, tyrone, gemz, joanne, al cotty, nonstop, Barbara J, Luke, jane, john, andrew hancock, Wish it was 1991, Mike McClennan, emma, john hayhurst, johnny glover, Ash, greg, David Yip, Jack, generic, Gill Ellison, Danny, G, janny liptnan, Sidewalk Owner, munch, Cathryn, carys, Mark, Jen, tom Hesketh, markus, Scouse (Jammi), Lee Micky, jordan taylor, john roberts, Marie Harden, KIRSTY HESKETH, imogen, Pharmd274, Pat Dewick (Lavin), Pete M, KERRIE HIGHCOCK, ozi, Strawbgirl, vikki, Rob, Jan, BENDER, wilkins_fit, Lynda, Amy McCabe, dave lowton, ben westhead, KAT, mal, aether, David Molyneux, dbf man, garrygazzer, Dink, freddy boy, key, Andrea Holmes, Daniel Birchall, cybernetiix, mish, Katy, Neil Gallagher, flec (previous doorman in St. Helens), polly baggins, trim, shaun cosy, Pete Tinsley, STU WILDE, BUGGERBELLCHOP, reverse phone number cell phone, Roger Cook, CRAIG, ReKKa, D, Andy Dingsdale, TREVOR SMITH, paul kay, Koncorde, sue_o, Dave, Gaz Draper, em j, Robbo, elmo, Andy Briggs, Foxywalker, craig mcgowan, Bob the builder, Christopher Rujenta, andy clough, jcw, Ben Simpson, collie, Keith Boyce, Hungry Cupboard, TONY RICHARDS, Neil Moran, tony biggs, leon, Paul Newton, Lisa, K- rew, Gill Bate, Franny, Monkfish, Ae, john,glover, gav, Cesar Bodey, Cleworth, Dobhar Chu, Paul Hallwood, susan whalley, francis goldthorpe, rob smith, Maria Parker, Chris Haselden, Paul Graham, Sarah Carr, ian trust, vinny, joe, Danny Butler, H_G_L, Jo, Sam, Strange Behaviour, trubshaw, cj, Lynne, Martin F, anthony smulders, john darwin, Yicker, brendan connor, dam, Cunners, rich, Leanne Mc T, Jack Merry, Georgina Pennington, tracy, Calum, zara allen, our jll, lin, greg Hay-Moulder, Stezzeau, Mark Bullock, tara, kate the sex godess, Andy, sarah long, Jodie , tinker, satch, Shazza, Lee 'mozzer' Morris, nomore, scank, jakey williams, P Perry, steve jones, carrie, Joseph Brown, Rhiannon, "H", MARK GARNER, ivana humpalot, Jill C, B.OFF.IN, mike price, tony blair , stacie, Les Beesley, Jill Twamley, NIall, matty dyas, sean sines, Ian Barker, Bernie, dudey, anita, minty chinders, Pip McCann, Hilty, Weatherman, dave darlington, JohnH, scorer king, Paul, MICK, Marie Rimmer, gaz potter, andrew maddock, Steds, vodka babe, eric fitzhenry, Crowie, paul robinson, dennis moss, Amy, jordon, glynn honey, Bob, Heather, billybobknobstick, serz, Gwen, Amo-Suz, anon, ted, p.tyrer, jd, lee, Tony, joan wilson, David Bamford, Neal, Kirsty B, Joish, Magnus KiRKWALL, Griff, kenny, chris highcock, boo, lynz, mr love sex, Pharmg747, Vicki S, julie stewart, biglad, Nicola Dawson, Mike Harrison, anonymous, Paul Turner, paul smith, james rathbone, Jock, kayti, Mike ( the gay boy ) Rogers, frank williams, Andrew Bailey, Ste Dutton, Brian Burrows, chris lamb, maria del mar ruiz, Ian, JEMMA OWEN, redgirl88, brian alcorn, Jordan, nicola mccormick, Rachel H, Fatty, Matthew Sloan, Sarah, Phil Littler, mandy, keith, sex.love, Adam, joan farrelly hennessy, reesy, amber, Moxxa, Jimmy Hall, Dogman, d.l, DEBBIE, Gridheads pineapple chunks, Lola D, Peter Harris, claire g, CheesyBeanz, Steve
Last updated: 2015-06-04
More stuff about St Helens
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- St Helens Knowhere Board