Live Music Venues in St Ives, Cornwall*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about St Ives.
Live Music Venues
- Harbour pool and billiards club,on the wharf road, a variety of live music from folk and country,bluegrass and cajun to rock, nice place, reasonable prices lovely barpersons ;)....would suit the 21+ crowd, teenagers may think it sucks but the more mature of us love it !
- The Lifeboat Inn for folk and jazz type stuff. The Western for the same.
- The Lifeboat
- Bosun's or 2K in Penzance. The Barn have had some names there in hip-hop terms. The Acorn Theatre draw some interesting stuff once in a while. Local bands rep Bosun's more, but it's funny to look back and realise that PZ/St. Ives area has played host to the likes of Rahzel, Wu-Tang, Million Dead, Lost Poets, yourcodenameis:milo, and the mighty SAXON (!) in recent times. St. Ives' September Fringe Festival is great for jazz and blues, and there is more of a scene for that in St. Ives than anything else.
- There's regular live music - usually jazz or blues at the Lifeboat, the Golden Lion and the Western Hotel. Most sessions are free.
- Not a music venue in the traditional sense but offering regular doses of Jazz,Blues and even Rock'n'Roll bands,the Harbour Pool Club on the Wharf is a great allrounder of a place.With fabulous views over the harbour,a warm homely feel and a bar that stays open all day.Even the more expensive temporary membership works out at less than 30p per day and all entertainments are included along with sky tv.,daily newspapers and some rather lovely barmaids!!
- The Shirehorse venue just on the outskirts of town
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: kat de gama, jenny Marks, Linda Lemon, Dave H, Ian Peters, Wendy Frankcom, Dolphin, Visitor330, Slasher, Shelley & Phil, Ashley May, C Wason, Sue, Daniel, debbie, Good ol' Phil, Ollie, Clare Reed, generic, Emma, ed, Lisa MacLeod, Caitlin Thomas, henry, jayne pearson, Gordon Mackie, mike collins, visitor, hannahj, Andrew Haley, karen, Visitor536, Kim, Michelle Shipworth, Robert Rance, tom penny, Steve McIntosh, shakey, pabb2001 crew, sarah, susanne
Last updated: 2010-02-26
More stuff about St Ives
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- St Ives Knowhere Board