Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Stanmore, Greater London*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Stanmore.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Rachel Stevens was NOT born in Stanmore, she was born in High barnet!
- Betty from the Graham Norton show!!
- Craig David - Not a resident as such but reguarly seen in stanmore visiting his manager who owns a restaurant. Can't remember which one but it has signed craig david discs on the walls
- Rachel Stevens of S Club 7 was born and bred in Stanmore and is still often seen in the area, most recently parking her Merc SLK in the disabled parking spot at Sainsbury's in May 2004.
- Sam Costa (DJ in the mould of Jimmy Young!)
Edwin Astley (wrote theme for The Saint, TV prog, as well as other films and tv programmes).
Both lived in Stanmore in the 1960's.
- The Leonardo Di Caprio rumour was that he bought an apartment in the Stanmore Hall conversion. It was said that Tom & Nicole did too. Never confirmed either though, as celebs often get companies to buy them on their behalf.
- Leonardo di Caprio was rumoured to be interested in The Limes mansion on Warren Lane. But Bob Holness lives in Pinner!!!!!Legend.
- Roger Moore lived in Gordon Avenue I think. Alvin Stardust lived on Uxbridge Road, the house with the teeny lions on the gateposts. I'm pretty sure Lionel Blair was local too. I think he nearly ran me over once.
- Nikolai Levey - famous for producing some of Coldplay's early records lives in Stanmore. I believe on Gordon Avenue. He hasn't produced anything for a while but is still reguarly seen driving his red jeep up and the broadway.
- Rumour had it that Leonardo Di Caprio bought a house up on Stanmore Hill... and Ester Ranson frequents some of the more popular cafes...
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: alison rose, J Bloggs, Max Wurr, dburcombe, fran, Dan, Nikki, Bennyboy, Nik Levey, Kandi, Andrew Silke, Gail Sweeney, James Lewis, generic, Jer, Bio Boy, Paolo
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Stanmore
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Stanmore Knowhere Board