Arts, crafts and such in Stoke Newington, Greater London*
Anything from pukka art galleries to craft shops. Trendy and twee both welcome.
You can tell us more about Stoke Newington.
Arts, crafts and such
- A nice lot of shops along church and stoke newington high street have good stuff err, the herbal shop on church street being a good example, the pretentious art gallery is filled with snobby cunts however; a good tactic is to run in there and shout your head off at them, scaring them lifeless.
A hobby certainly.
- So many trendy, overpriced, poncey shops of this type...take your pick!!!
- Affinity, the silver jewellery shop opposite Bar Lorca at the end of Church Street: nice stuff and I think they design/make it themselves.
- Vortex Secondhand books (below the Jazz Club) on Church Street seems to have transformed itself into an Art Gallery. Nearly all the arty stuff is on Church Street.
- Second hand bookshops tucked down an alleyway towards Clissold Park, rest of the shops are rather gimicky much the same
- For Twee eastern stuff try Tana Mana.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Pauly, Ian Lewis, Martin, Sian, guy, harriet salisbury, Jonny McIntosh, jamie, will, Kirsty Hopkins, sharon baxter, Lynn Player, adam colenso, martin togher, Bill, emma, xerode, Troy, Tim, Ash, rollerjen, marilyn, generic, Gary Bridgewood, Anna Baria, Janice Phayre, Nathaniel Tapley, Matt Lary, Twit, Scott Hyde
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Stoke Newington
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Stoke Newington Knowhere Board