Cheap Food in Stoke Newington, Greater London*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Stoke Newington.
- if you call 8 pound fora kebab cheap then yeah on the high street a little green one
- Coach and Horses! BEST THAI FOOD IN TOWN - London that is!!! On Stoke Newington / Kingsland Highstreet ... where it meets with Church Street. Check it OUT!
- The Blue Legume on Church St is quite reasonable.
- Try out the Turkish restaurants on the High Street, so what if you can't read the menu ... be adventurous!!
- Il Bacio (Church St) - nice, warm and homely Italian joint which does huge pizzas with paper-thin bases.
Mangal and Mangal II (Stoke Newington High Street and Arcola Street). Authentic Turkish lamb, flat breads and salads in authentic company. The one on the High Street is very much less intimidating.
- We checked out Lemongrass on church street, it had only just opened so I wasn't too surprised when they cocked up my order. But fair play to them, they sorted it out with good grace.
It's Thai food, very well presented and nice and hot, in a hip looking restaurant and pretty reasonable prices
- Check out Mesclun on Church Street, it's a little espensive, but not excessively so, really nice staff, great service, great food, can't recommend it enough...it's close to Bar Lorca and Yum yums
- Baracuda - church st. Malayian restaurant - great food - friendly service - plus a sexy french jazz singer in the basement called Caroline Nin - also pretty garden in the summer - great place for a date...
- -Karnaphuli for one of the best Indian meals your likely to taste outside of Houndslow
- Interesting mix - Irish meets French restaurant, good value food and interesting receipies carrot pie being one of my flatmates favourites. Found on Church STreet
- Loads of Restaurants on Church Street from Indian, French, Chinese (x2 one posh the other a chippy) and the rather odd idea of a Welsh/French fusion - hmmm.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Pauly, Ian Lewis, Martin, Sian, guy, harriet salisbury, Jonny McIntosh, jamie, will, Kirsty Hopkins, sharon baxter, Lynn Player, adam colenso, martin togher, Bill, emma, xerode, Troy, Tim, Ash, rollerjen, marilyn, generic, Gary Bridgewood, Anna Baria, Janice Phayre, Nathaniel Tapley, Matt Lary, Twit, Scott Hyde
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Stoke Newington
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Stoke Newington Knowhere Board