Cafes and Coffee Shops in Stoke Newington, Greater London*
High tea and a sticky bun
You can tell us more about Stoke Newington.
Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Lots on church street, the one opposite the red lion bar leading towards the high street do nicely filled sandwiches.
- Fresh N Wild is bleedin' pricey, but they do lovely veggie sandwiches and smoothies.
- The Spence, this is owned by my lovely, wonderful, bestest friend ever Alex (not the Cooler), you will not find better bread anywhere in London !
- Blue Lagume on Church Street stands out amoung several mellow cafes.
- the titanic is worth a go.not sure about the pink colour scheme.
- titanic cafe,good selection of set brekkie
oh and the pink paint job is to be seen to be believed1
- The Cooler, my friend Alex's deli, he makes all his own bread and cakes etc on the premises from scratch, the best in the whole of Stokey !
- "That Welsh Place" has gone (mmm, wonder why?)
There's lot's of Cafes opening up along the High Street now, The Bodrum is a good one - v.busy weekends, especially Sunday.
Stokey seems to be turning into a cafe society; lot's of trendy 2.4's all sitting about for hours reading the Guardian and eating slowly whilst their children throw tantrums or muse on poetry and philosophy.
- Clissold Park Cafe - great cappaccino, kid-friendly meals, but truly appalling (as in slow) service
The Blue Legume (Church St) - trendy, veggie, fresh juicey. Nice, but embarassing to be seen in there.
Il Bacio deli (Church St) - friendly and great pizza and coffee.
- On Church Street look for The Cooler - a combined deli and coffee shop. The cakes and sarnis are a bit steeply priced though. For a better deal and much nicer service try Absolutely Scrumptious further down towards the High Street.
- That Welsh - French place, what's that all about?
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Pauly, Ian Lewis, Martin, Sian, guy, harriet salisbury, Jonny McIntosh, jamie, will, Kirsty Hopkins, sharon baxter, Lynn Player, adam colenso, martin togher, Bill, emma, xerode, Troy, Tim, Ash, rollerjen, marilyn, generic, Gary Bridgewood, Anna Baria, Janice Phayre, Nathaniel Tapley, Matt Lary, Twit, Scott Hyde
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Stoke Newington
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Stoke Newington Knowhere Board