Buskers, Street Entertainers in Stoke Newington, Greater London*
Places to find public entertainment
You can tell us more about Stoke Newington.
Buskers, Street Entertainers
- Busker by the bus stop opposite that kebab shop on the high street sometimes.. um some strange people at the station sometimes looking like they're selling crack.... maybe they just like burning their hair.
- 'Recorder bird' (sits outside banks on the high st playing 'she moved through the fair' on her recorder), 'punk with dog' ( a punk with a dog on a string),
- Insult to Injury perform monthly at The Others (first Frifay of the month at 6 - Manor Rd, above the snooker Hall), as well as running around the streets, desperately trying to drag people along to their shows. They and their comedy chums can often be seen on streets wearing puppets and crazy grins.
- dolly and beatty local old girls to be seen around town together.
- that mad ol black man seen walking fast and shouting at any one.northwold road
the skanky begger with one leg and his mate who sits by the cash machine
by church street
- Stoke Newington Festival very June; Church Street, the Abney and Clissold Parks etc. Usually lasts a week with different events throughout, on the main day Church Street is closed off and packed with almost everyone who lives in Stokey; music, food, stuff like that ... one year there was a bloke walking a tight rope from the buildings on one side of Church Street to the other.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Pauly, Ian Lewis, Martin, Sian, guy, harriet salisbury, Jonny McIntosh, jamie, will, Kirsty Hopkins, sharon baxter, Lynn Player, adam colenso, martin togher, Bill, emma, xerode, Troy, Tim, Ash, rollerjen, marilyn, generic, Gary Bridgewood, Anna Baria, Janice Phayre, Nathaniel Tapley, Matt Lary, Twit, Scott Hyde
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Stoke Newington
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Stoke Newington Knowhere Board