The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Stoke Newington.
- the Londesborough - barbauld rd N16 stoke newington... It rocks!
- Everyine raves about the Auld Shillelagh, but its poky & dingy. Much better is The Prince on the corner of Neville road - wicked grub, kid-friendly - and Father Ted's on Stoke Newington High St - the original Arsenal pub!!!
- Steptoes/Defoes to watch football?! Maybe 5 years ago! The Yucatan down the High St seemingly has every game being played in Europe on on its countless TVs. Great for European nights, especially when Celtic are playing. Good mixed-background crowd of haevy drinkers. Forget the dull pubs on Church St, this is a proper boozer.
- not quite in stoke newingotn, but the eclipse in lower clapton, is a great place to go, a really chilled place, friendly staff, great roast dinners on sundays, well worth checking out..
- The Shakespeare on Shakespeare Walk serves obscure, killer lagers. Nice atmosphere.
- cricketers on northwold road,like walking into the slaughtered lamb ?
dont pat the dog as it will have your hand off.
- Defoes - now it's been revamped is nice; plus it serves the best beer in town.
- The Old Shilleleigh on Church Street has special Frank Sinatra evenings. Got to be worth a try!
- The Prince (left at end of Defoe Road off Church Street) has had a make-over, it used to be the the Prince of Wales, and to be fair, was a great pub then. It's now a gourmet-pub, each to it's own. Good food, good selection of beers, the Stokie tribe hang out there, actors, musicians, writers, journos and young parents. It's worth a punt.
- Shakespeare, good crowd,
- The Tup (20/30s types all checking each other out), The Rose and Crown - more traditional and a beautiful curved building on the corner of Church St and Albion Road. Steptoes - great if you like Football.
- The Shakespeare - a bit out of the way, but the best jukebox in London. On the downside, it is a bit small and the bar staff only serve you if they either know you or are in a rare good mood.
The Rose and Crown - Mad Swedish genetic experiment behind the bar but don't let her put you off, the Rose and Crown is warm, big and chilled.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Pauly, Ian Lewis, Martin, Sian, guy, harriet salisbury, Jonny McIntosh, jamie, will, Kirsty Hopkins, sharon baxter, Lynn Player, adam colenso, martin togher, Bill, emma, xerode, Troy, Tim, Ash, rollerjen, marilyn, generic, Gary Bridgewood, Anna Baria, Janice Phayre, Nathaniel Tapley, Matt Lary, Twit, Scott Hyde
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Stoke Newington
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Stoke Newington Knowhere Board