Arts, crafts and such in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire*
Anything from pukka art galleries to craft shops. Trendy and twee both welcome.
You can tell us more about Stoke-on-Trent.
Arts, crafts and such
- Pottery duck
- NOt sure to be honest. Never been interested in art so i hae never looked for places such as these.
- NEWCASTLE MUSEUM BRAMPTON PARK N/CASTLE
- hanley museum. branmpton art gallery.....both have regulary changing exhibitions.....sometimes some really good stuff.
- go down da local ''christian cnetr'' duck im sure you'll find da ruins of 1!!
- webbelys is very good,theyve got everything you good need
- Theres a Gallery above Dazed, other than that the museum!
- art, in stoke?
only at the universities
- Athena is cool
people say stoke is shit but most places dont even have the historical background or a museum for that matter
- The art shop next to McDonald's in Newcastle (it's been there longer!) is good for college students and enthusiasts.
- Morrigan Pottery
- Museum in hanley.
- rowfers av sum nice little things and athena! Gadget shop 2!
- I had a crafty wazz in Argos?? that count.
- A couple of galleries to choose from... Potteries Art Gallery; Burslem School of Art galleries. And within seven miles; Keele Art Gallery; Newcastle Gallery (mostly watercolours and pots, naff), Alsager Arts Centre up at Manchester Uni's Alsager site in Stoke, and Moorlands Arts up in nearby Leek. And if that lot exhusts you - you've got the free world-class galleries of Manchester and Birmingham within an hour's train ride, you bloody whingers! Artists should get in with the Stoke Arts and Architecture Club, which puts on high-quality talks and events which go beyond the usual evening-class watercolours tat. There's also Staffordshire Art & Crafts Network, and the traditionalist Society of Staffordshire Artists. There are a huge number of academic art courses in
and around Stoke; Staffordshire University's School of Art & Design / IRIS, International Centre for Women's Photography / Stoke Further Education College / Manchester Metropolitan University's Department of Contemporary Arts, Alsager Arts Centre, Stoke-on-Trent / Newcastle College - Faculty of Art and Creative Studies / Visual Arts at Keele University (about 5 miles from Stoke / Frink School of Figurative Sculpture, Tunstall, Stoke on Trent / and the WEA's
Wedgewood Memorial College.
- Hanley museum and gallery is actually top-notch, regardless of if you're into pottery or not. Not much otherwise.
- This is Stoke, the city where railings at a cost of £60000 were put up around the grass near the bus station in the name of art.
- As severe lack of Art in Stoke-On-Trent. They are too interested in making yet another pottery museum.
- the only art round here is FUCK OFF STOKE and stuff scribbled onto walls
- Bedford Singers run a truly memorable classical music festival, check out: geocities.com/bedfordsingers
- Graffiti and abuse of Stokies to be found on walls throughout the City
- The museum, about 5 minutes from the town centre, has the usual collection of rusty Roman belt buckles and an extensive collection of pots. It has the odd good travelling exhibition, though.
- Hey Focus DIY now sells some pukka craft stuff if your into it
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: mark adams, Ace, Steven Anckaert, clozzer, rosie reader, rutter, Hayley Martin, laura, SUSANNAH, Lucy, damienbrookes, jj, nicky, Chris, Adam Dawson, Roger, scott an kate, maria, neil howell, Steve Leigh, James Hancock, dave sandwich, jon, chantelle, sta, Fred Fridge, rex savage, Austin, kate, Juice Terry, Louise Fishwick, linz, matt shenton, spike22, cvglt, Kieran, Ian Mitchell, Jo Toy, The Frog, Amber, m.j.hanley, geezer, lauren, marc whiston, Tom, jan, Ma, Debby, Andy Phillips, Barry, SHAKKA T, Glover, LG, Garry, kerry biddulph, gemma burn, lorrainebird, Shelley Dutton, Cockney Tone, aidan, g. cullinane, Vinny, pt, Nikki Rous, a, donny carroll, Escapedfromstoke, Koolyd, parksie, Simon Knight, Sandii, J.C., alan, Keith Hargreaves, Fergus Tobin, RICHIE, Steve Coines, Richard Ward, Cody, Big Ian, me, cal, Calamityjane, Chill cummings, Daz, Frida S. Bath, Laurie, chsgals, sara jones, chris savory, liam 'o connor, Jo, pete, Chris Timbey, F Davies, WiL, Kath West, Jon Webb, Hannibal Lector, kirsty cuthbertson, dan the mad man, Gary Bills, Jimmy, Mick, stef, nathan bickley, peaches, steven pye, stephen harvey, Tim, bob fogarty, Tammy, rutta, Zoe Greaves, sarah b, Andy, **em**, kayleigh, Ashley Kalym, nat, bill subritzky, Kev and Shaz, azzer, omagh, Kelly, sneathy, DAVID SUTTON, Matt, jim, joanne conchie, holster, Dave Potts, Mr G, Ron , DAVE C, claire, punksluts, sam findler, Becky, HOLLIE AND ANAIS, Ian Maddock, sorcerour1, Gareth, Sally, Emma, Clare, rebble, corinne, Tony Davis, dave, Jess, Dean Mann, helen barnes, Fred, Steve Hughes, clint roberts , T-bag, hhhhhhh, Allan Cartlidge, steve, Nick, pjh, T-baby, Sarah Bayley, Jono Highfield, Paul, david morris, karen, Emily, Flixie, David, d simpson, Anna Louise Buckley, 2hot2handle, Bob, James Copeland, bonnie, stephanie, damian, agent blue, instoke, keith hargreaves, Derek Johnson, Adrian Cpestake, Andrew Findley, Heather M, Kaz, andy campbell, john newbould, stu, state, steve harvey, john ob, Shannon, john smith, Colin Heath, AA SYSTEMS, Paul Penkhull, nick ward, Bluesky187, Sean Rafferty, stokie, keith harrop, liam, Scouser, mike m, carl, jeff boddy, generic, COLIN, Debs Moss, raindance rob, websitemad, Kelvin, Mark Hatton, Sage, Winbar, kimberley, Roger Townsend, Pee Litton, newcastleunderlyme, bglendy, evo burton, stuart jonesy, Meee, Wayne, Phil Ball, Moz, rob, MATT ERST, Sarah, tom katsumi, dave008, Margaret Kirk, ad, anne, Rachel, Rob Mercer, joy, Agy, Suzy Creamcheese, David Poole, Ngel Harper, david Hawkins, jodie williamson, pumpkin, Ed, howard carr, annabel, jeff, hayley bee, liverpool
Last updated: 2014-09-22
More stuff about Stoke-on-Trent
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Stoke-on-Trent Knowhere Board