Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Stoke-on-Trent.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Robbie Williams know why he left
- Gary longton/dresden window cleaner looks like the cowboy in village people.
- Gary longton/dresden window cleaner looks like the cowboy in village people.
- stanley mathews, robbie williams and the man who does the voice for bob the builder went to my school here
- Nick Hancock is a Tosser !!
- ROBBIE WILLIAMS ANTHEA TURNER
A WELL KNOWN NEWS READER AND NICK HANCOCK LMFAO!
- ROBBIE WILLIAMS
Sam and Amanda
- Jonny wilkes and robbie wiliams lived here :S and slash :P
- anthea turner [we wish she wasnt], robbie williams. jonathan wilks. titanic captain sir stanly mathews. regenald michal. neil morisiey. nick hancock
- Well Burslem in Stoke on Trent used to be home to our very own angel "Robbie williams". Arnold Bennet used to live in stoke(lived on waterloo road in Cobridge for abit)
- Robbie Williams of course.
Captain Smith of the Titanic.
- Agent Blue Fron Newcastle and stoke on trent!
- D.E.S.Parton fronted an excellent Stoke on Trent band in the 70s called The Cyril Dagworth Players, included many good local musos.... Pete "Sarge" Frampton (originally from Channel Islands), George Glover, "Crowie" Wright, Ron Smith.... single "I'll come if you need me" was Radio Luxemburgs power play for a week....
- no one
- anthea turner is unfortunately from stoke!
robbie williams is just brilliant! neil morrisey, hancock dude, captain smith from the titanic.
- robbie willimans,jonathan wilks,captain smith(captain of titanic)
- There was robbie williams, but i prefusely apologise for that! Agent Blue are from stoke too! now theyre something to be proud of!
- Agent Blue the band from cheadle.
- lemmy from motorhead(burslem) slash guns n roses (fenton)
- robbie williams (fucker)
lemmy from motorhead
slash from guns and roses born here
dude who captained the titanic
anthea turner (tv personality)
- neil morrisey used to live here!!(men behaving badly)
- robbie williams
- Agent Blue?!?
- Robbie Williams,nick hancock and anthea turner.
- Blackpool FC Football Legend Sir Stanley Matthews.England and leicester city 1966 world cup winner Gordon Banks along with west hams 1966 world cup hatrick hero geoff hurst saw there careers out at stoke city
- Robbie Williams is the most famous. Also Neil Morrisey, Nick Hancock.
- Robbie Doo-Da, Lemmy, Slash (Guns 'n' Roses), and the only person who Stoke/Newcastle can be proud that we got rid of - Anthea Turner!
- Robbie Williams as everyone else has said!
Phil 'the power' Taylor - 10 x (could be more) world darts champion.
Slash from Guns N Roses
- I Cringe every time i hear that complete wanker Robbie Williams , the fat dancer from "take-that".The one who had his first tatoo and went on the news and told every one how he regreated it straight away and then went an had more done.And every word that comes out of his stupid mouth.
- Stanley Mathews
- Robbie Williams, Port Vale's number one fan.
Phil Taylor, 10x world darts champion.
Slash from Guns N Roses
Dave Harold snooker player
Anthea Turner - bit of an embarrassment to Stoke on Trent, this one
- Robbie Earl went to Weston Coyney Middle School and lived in Coalville (houses of pink and lime green pebble-dash) I think! Must have moved to Newcastle -under-lyme when he got a pay rise.
- The Lewis's Man (Jack Frost lookalike)
- Robbie williams. The best thing since sliced bread. Yum Yum
- Robbie Williams, before he was famous he worked on a demolition job with my dad! i've got a photo of him on the roof!
- Robbie Williams, Stanley Matthews, Gordon Banks, Anthea Turner, Nick Hancock
- Robbie Williams came from here and Nick Hanncock off 'they think its all over' not forgetting old Stanley Matthews!
- Robbie Williams ans shitty Anthea Turner oh and Bruno Brooks
- Robbie Williams - sex god of the Potteries, and a Vale fan too. What more could a girl ask for (except for him to put some bastard money into the Vale!!!)
- robbie williams, stanly mathews,
- Robbie Williams! Live him alone, poor boy, no wonder he doesn't want to return to this country, the papers are out to get him already. He probably feels scared that the old demons will return (I speak from experience about how hard it is to conquer this drink thing and have appeared in local paper and been banned from local pubs, which I'm annoyed about, but I'm trying my best to stay "dry" now). Back to RW, stop going on about his sexuality as well, so what if he is or isn't gay - what he does in his own time is his own affair and people should only be interested in his music (and where he comes from of course!) CalamityJane (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Chris Moyles from Radio 1 I believe grew up in Leek & he Worked for SIGNAL RADIO not BBC Stoke doing the 7-10pm show in the early 90's
- All girls LOVE the fact that Robbie 'fuckwit' Williams comes from Stoke. Well he can fuck right off
- rob williams,stan matthews.as 4 u who made the sick comment about his grave u deserve a kickin.
- Rob Williams, Sir Stanley Matthews, Nick Hancock.
- I live in Stoke and I know that the football supporters, and the town, always whine nostalgicly about Stanley Matthews - even though he spent his glory years at Blackpool and only returned as an aged shadow of his former self. Also the people of Bucknall are deeply communist and worship the legend of Stalin!
- Phil Littler - the mainstay of the Post Office Vaults and the daddy of the dossers
The Phil Litter Band On Tour (Red Lion, The Rigger etc)
- Lemmy's wart
- Chesney Hawkes (well he shouldve been.)
- The man who designed the Spitfire airplane (it won the war against Hitler, skate-kiddies; with pilots who had tastier moves than yours) -
- Stanley Matthews the ex stoke scum player.im goin to empty my bladder now, his grave looks a good spot.
- Is there anyone famous from stoke apart from the fat dancer from take that?
- Robbie Williams
The Captain of the Titanic
Sir Stanley Matthews
The Longpigs (who?)
- ROBBIE WILLIAMS, SIR STAN MATTHEWS, CAPT. OF TITANIC, REGINALD MITCHELL
- Radio 1 DJ Chris Moyles used to DJ for Radio Stoke.
- Slash is from Longton.....
- Neil Morrissey for shagging that unfunny scouse pricks fit bird.
- Jonathan Wilkes - Famous currently for being Robbie Williams best friend and flatmate. He's big in Scandinavia you know ! So Jonny says anyway. Anyway his first single in the UK flopped, despite massive hype and over-exposure on MTV and The Box. Yet he's a down-to-earth good-egg and he's from Stoke, so lets be proud of our local heroes !
- I'm sure that Jonathan Wilkes will go far
- DAVID ERNEST STANLEY PARTON /DES PARTON WROTE THE HIT NUMBER FOR THE SENSATIONS
SAD SWEET DREAMER DES IS FROM SOT AND USED TO BE LEAD SINGER SOME 30 YEARS AGO WITH THE BAND GREEN GINGER DOES ANY ONE ELSE HAVE MEMORIES OF THE BAND HE ALSO HAD A HIT NUMBER No.1 HIMSELF AND PRODUCED BY TONY HATCH.
- dr bone +mistress lolly
- Anthea Turner contrary to belief is not seen as a celebrity in these parts and we do not associate ourselves with an comercialised wedding grabber who we couldn't give a F*ck if her wedding pictures appeared on Ok's front cover!
- Cant be arsed to state the obvious so ill say alastair sim.
- robbie williams (put some money into vale !) anthea turner, lemmy, slash
- Jackie Trent, wife of Tony Hatch and co-writer of the Neighbours theme tune.
The Sutherland Brothers (Gavin and Ian) are/were from Blythe Bridge and went to Alleyne's Grammar School in Uttoxeter. They wrote the song Sailing, which was a minor hit for them before it was recorded a couple of years later by Rod Stewart.
- Robbie Earle. Okay he may be from Newcastle which technically is another town, but its the same place as far as I am concerned. He may have chosen to play for Jamaica, but I am sure he could have played for England oncce of twice if he tried hard enough - the accent is unmistakingly Stokie.
- Nick Hancock
- ROBBIE "PORT VALE WANKER" WILLIAMS
- Dave Harold.
- Neil Morrisey (hammered Amanda Holden!) Hammered!
- Hundreds! Slash, Robbie, Nick Hancock, Anthea and Wendy(?) Turner, millions of footballers inc. Sir Stan, Robbie Earle, Mark Bright, Steve Bould, Lee Dixon, Dennis Smith. I could go on but I won't.
- Dave Harold top 16 world snooker player
- robbie williams- say no more
- robbie williams, nick hancock,also(that guy who appears in loads of holiday ads,(used to be in the program with lisa tarbuck!),captain smith of the titantic i think he`s dead now, and my dad`s cousin, sir reginald mitchell(inventor of the spitfire)also altern 8 the band,candy flip and thr top remixers sure is pure come from around here somewhere!..
- Not only Wedgwood is famous - there is also Spode, Doulton, Minton, Flaxman to name but a lot. My mate John Wheeldon ex-DJ of Kings Hall, Stoke. Reginald Mitchell inventor of Spitfire. Arnold Bennett the "Five Towns" author.
- Bruno Brookes
Bruno's dad owns a car wash
- Anthea Turner
Anthea Turner is actually *not* from Stoke - she's from Longsdon, near Leek, which is at least 2 miles out of Stoke's boundaries.
- Nick Hancock (and his dad, Tony)
- Slash from Guns'n'Roses
- Lemmy of Motorhead grew up in Burslem. Of course, he had to move to a remote Welsh farming village before he got noticed.. :-)
- Robbie Williams (ex- Take That) mentions the place in every second sentence.
- Lee Chapman, used to play football for Stoke, Asenal, Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds... oh bugger it, who hasn't he played for? Writes a column on wine in the Independen.
- Garth Crooks, used to play for Stoke, Spurs and England before commentating for Radio 5.
- Stan "The Man" Matthews. The greatest English football player ever, bar none.
- The captain of the Titantic.
- Josiah Wedgwood.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: mark adams, Ace, Steven Anckaert, clozzer, rosie reader, rutter, Hayley Martin, laura, SUSANNAH, Lucy, damienbrookes, jj, nicky, Chris, Adam Dawson, Roger, scott an kate, maria, neil howell, Steve Leigh, James Hancock, dave sandwich, jon, chantelle, sta, Fred Fridge, rex savage, Austin, kate, Juice Terry, Louise Fishwick, linz, matt shenton, spike22, cvglt, Kieran, Ian Mitchell, Jo Toy, The Frog, Amber, m.j.hanley, geezer, lauren, marc whiston, Tom, jan, Ma, Debby, Andy Phillips, Barry, SHAKKA T, Glover, LG, Garry, kerry biddulph, gemma burn, lorrainebird, Shelley Dutton, Cockney Tone, aidan, g. cullinane, Vinny, pt, Nikki Rous, a, donny carroll, Escapedfromstoke, Koolyd, parksie, Simon Knight, Sandii, J.C., alan, Keith Hargreaves, Fergus Tobin, RICHIE, Steve Coines, Richard Ward, Cody, Big Ian, me, cal, Calamityjane, Chill cummings, Daz, Frida S. Bath, Laurie, chsgals, sara jones, chris savory, liam 'o connor, Jo, pete, Chris Timbey, F Davies, WiL, Kath West, Jon Webb, Hannibal Lector, kirsty cuthbertson, dan the mad man, Gary Bills, Jimmy, Mick, stef, nathan bickley, peaches, steven pye, stephen harvey, Tim, bob fogarty, Tammy, rutta, Zoe Greaves, sarah b, Andy, **em**, kayleigh, Ashley Kalym, nat, bill subritzky, Kev and Shaz, azzer, omagh, Kelly, sneathy, DAVID SUTTON, Matt, jim, joanne conchie, holster, Dave Potts, Mr G, Ron , DAVE C, claire, punksluts, sam findler, Becky, HOLLIE AND ANAIS, Ian Maddock, sorcerour1, Gareth, Sally, Emma, Clare, rebble, corinne, Tony Davis, dave, Jess, Dean Mann, helen barnes, Fred, Steve Hughes, clint roberts , T-bag, hhhhhhh, Allan Cartlidge, steve, Nick, pjh, T-baby, Sarah Bayley, Jono Highfield, Paul, david morris, karen, Emily, Flixie, David, d simpson, Anna Louise Buckley, 2hot2handle, Bob, James Copeland, bonnie, stephanie, damian, agent blue, instoke, keith hargreaves, Derek Johnson, Adrian Cpestake, Andrew Findley, Heather M, Kaz, andy campbell, john newbould, stu, state, steve harvey, john ob, Shannon, john smith, Colin Heath, AA SYSTEMS, Paul Penkhull, nick ward, Bluesky187, Sean Rafferty, stokie, keith harrop, liam, Scouser, mike m, carl, jeff boddy, generic, COLIN, Debs Moss, raindance rob, websitemad, Kelvin, Mark Hatton, Sage, Winbar, kimberley, Roger Townsend, Pee Litton, newcastleunderlyme, bglendy, evo burton, stuart jonesy, Meee, Wayne, Phil Ball, Moz, rob, MATT ERST, Sarah, tom katsumi, dave008, Margaret Kirk, ad, anne, Rachel, Rob Mercer, Don Harvey, joy, Agy, Suzy Creamcheese, David Poole, Ngel Harper, david Hawkins, jodie williamson, pumpkin, Ed, howard carr, annabel, jeff, hayley bee, liverpool
Last updated: 2014-09-22
More stuff about Stoke-on-Trent
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Stoke-on-Trent Knowhere Board