Cheap Food in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Stoke-on-Trent.
- Not as cheap as scotland
- ALI BABA'S GREAT AFTER A NIGHT UP HANLEY ON THE DRINK.
- wrights pies.
- Kebab Range, samllthorne
- ALDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII <3
- superdrug does great sandwiches
- Just visit a oatcake shop MMMMMM oatcakes
- QUITE A FEW BUT TAKE CARE THAT THE KEBABSHOP NAME DONT END IN THE WORDS E-COLI....OTHERWISE GO TO NEWCASTLE UNDER LYME JUS UP THE ROAD AND JUST TAKE YOUR PICK OF THE DECENT ONES REALY....???
- WILKOS IN NEWCASTLE
- da shop dat says kebabs pizzas curry's i recomend mixed in 2gether sounds yum yum!!
- go to aruba for a hot choclate for only 65p and meals are about £2.00 and they are very nice
- all standard british takeouts (burger/kebabs etc)
for some reason stoke has no place to get burritos
- food is good!
- There are too many to list, Mcdonalds is a pile of shit tho
- Nico's - the best takeaway around
- nigde in longton.
- Yes got to second the other comments about Shaffers. Curry lovers beware.Asam Shafer and his buisness partner Dave Curry ( I shit you not)were fined by the local health and hygine board for cooking curry in thier back yards that happened to be rat infested.If you don`t belive me check with the the back issues of the local newspaper (The Sentinal) in 2002.
Can`t beleave they are still trading.
- 'Whetherspoons', 'McDonalds', 'Yates's', 'Loosing the Will to Live'
- Bauhinia in Newcastle. Possibly the best Chinese restaurant on the planet!!
- Pinnochio's Newcastle
- HOLE IN THE WALL OATCAKE SHOP
- Two places, 1 The Bosted Onion,Halmer End. Slow food but without doubt fantastic, the guy that owns it, Paul is a bit mad (think he'll be pleased that someone has said that)but its worth a visit, Also Bonaparts, possibly the worst place I have eaten in, in the UK and I have been in some baduns. £70 wasted on feb 14
- Mr Chan's in Hanley - excellent service and food
Orange Tree Newcastle do great food
- Harrys bar does great meals, especially the vegetarian wraps. Otherwise if you want a proper (not pub) meal then go to Newcastle, Pablo Frankies!
Portofinos is supposed to be great but i have been twice - the first time they messed up my order and the second they forgot to bring one of the meals out completely
- BELASH NEWCASTLE,GOING DOWNHILL WATERY CURRY AND WAITERS WHO PICK THERE !!!!!
- Blurton chippy, CAPTAIN FRY, is the nicest chippy in stoke. Save your money and go their. The staff are also very friendly, this is a rare thing in stoke.
- Sammy's (next to the place)home of the one pound pizza slice!!
Roshni (forsbrook) best curry around, pricey though!!
- For indian food go to sangam, they do a beautiful tikka massala! Noahs ark in heartsill is a really nice restaurant if you want somethin a bit special but its a bit expensive!
- buy or bring your own cause it all tastes like shit around here
- Raffis curry take away, victoria road, Fenton
Victoria chippy x2,Victoria road , Fenton
Silver River , victoria road , Fenton
- Lots of meat pie shops, and chip shops, and meat pie shops, oh and there's some chippies too. What are fruit and vegetables?
- raushni in forsy
- Maccy D's and KFC and Locketts oatcakes (bacon and cheese)
- any kebab!!
- Don't eat from the dodgy hot - dog man outside woolies around xmas time .(u know who i mean)
- Pastiche, Percy Street, Hanley. Only a fiver for a three course lunch or a tenner at night. And it's quality grub.
- Bacon and Cheese Gurneys, at Wrights pies on college road. Fat bastard burgers at Brunchies near the Uni.(all the grease you could stomach)
- All very good if you want to eat dog, cat or other "roadkill"
- Most chinese takeaways in the area are decent. Recommend Roberto's opposite Theatre Royal for top Italian scran.
- PORTOFINO 4 BUISNESS MEETINGS, SPECIAL OCC. ALI BABA 4 A NICE CHEAP RUBY.
- PORTOFINO 4 BUISNESS MEETINGS, SPECIAL OCC. ALI BABA 4 A NICE CHEAP RUBY.
- shaffers top curry all you can eat in the day for a fiver.
- The Bursley kebab shop is the only good thing about Burslem.
- Shaffers Curry house, food cooked on a concrete bunker resemberling Saddam's hideout! Take my advice go to anywhere else even Mc D's. Runny curry no way!
- Kebab shops and more Kebab shops, and a place that sells oatcakes.
- oatcake annies in fenton is lovely - the best chip shop in britain is 'may street chippy' on park estate
- portofinos is an itallian experience!
- Mc Donalds, Burger King etc
- Mrs Ts oatcake shop in Northwood is the business!
- piccadilly's pizza
- Oatcakes - they are so famous they are on the net - but then what isn't? See Thisisstaffordshire.com.
- The usual.
- [But what happened to the Pikelets, then?] I was born in Fenton, Stoke-On-Trent 59 years ago. I have been in the states 30 years (Piscataway, NJ) soon to retire to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I remember Pikelets and oatcakes. There was a shop at the end of our street where we would go on a Sunday morning to pick them up and eat with our bacon and eggs.
- I've moved away from Stoke - 13 years ago but I still think about Wrights Pies & oatcakes. And whatever happened to Leons chipshop in Kidsgrove?
- Maccie D's in Festival Park and the Potteries shopping centre.
- Try - Bonaparts in Fenton - god what a sh** hole that is.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: mark adams, Ace, Steven Anckaert, clozzer, rosie reader, rutter, Hayley Martin, laura, SUSANNAH, Lucy, damienbrookes, jj, nicky, Chris, Adam Dawson, Roger, scott an kate, maria, neil howell, Steve Leigh, James Hancock, dave sandwich, jon, chantelle, sta, Fred Fridge, rex savage, Austin, kate, Juice Terry, Louise Fishwick, linz, matt shenton, spike22, cvglt, Kieran, Ian Mitchell, Jo Toy, The Frog, Amber, m.j.hanley, geezer, lauren, marc whiston, Tom, jan, Ma, Debby, Andy Phillips, Barry, SHAKKA T, Glover, LG, Garry, kerry biddulph, gemma burn, lorrainebird, Shelley Dutton, Cockney Tone, aidan, g. cullinane, Vinny, pt, Nikki Rous, a, donny carroll, Escapedfromstoke, Koolyd, parksie, Simon Knight, Sandii, J.C., alan, Keith Hargreaves, Fergus Tobin, RICHIE, Steve Coines, Richard Ward, Cody, Big Ian, me, cal, Calamityjane, Chill cummings, Daz, Frida S. Bath, Laurie, chsgals, sara jones, chris savory, liam 'o connor, Jo, pete, Chris Timbey, F Davies, WiL, Kath West, Jon Webb, Hannibal Lector, kirsty cuthbertson, dan the mad man, Gary Bills, Jimmy, Mick, stef, nathan bickley, peaches, steven pye, stephen harvey, Tim, bob fogarty, Tammy, rutta, Zoe Greaves, sarah b, Andy, **em**, kayleigh, Ashley Kalym, nat, bill subritzky, Kev and Shaz, azzer, omagh, Kelly, sneathy, DAVID SUTTON, Matt, jim, joanne conchie, holster, Dave Potts, Mr G, Ron , DAVE C, claire, punksluts, sam findler, Becky, HOLLIE AND ANAIS, Ian Maddock, sorcerour1, Gareth, Sally, Emma, Clare, rebble, corinne, Tony Davis, dave, Jess, Dean Mann, helen barnes, Fred, Steve Hughes, clint roberts , T-bag, hhhhhhh, Allan Cartlidge, steve, Nick, pjh, T-baby, Sarah Bayley, Jono Highfield, Paul, david morris, karen, Emily, Flixie, David, d simpson, Anna Louise Buckley, 2hot2handle, Bob, James Copeland, bonnie, stephanie, damian, agent blue, instoke, keith hargreaves, Derek Johnson, Adrian Cpestake, Andrew Findley, Heather M, Kaz, andy campbell, john newbould, stu, state, steve harvey, john ob, Shannon, john smith, Colin Heath, AA SYSTEMS, Paul Penkhull, nick ward, Bluesky187, Sean Rafferty, stokie, keith harrop, liam, Scouser, mike m, carl, jeff boddy, generic, COLIN, Debs Moss, raindance rob, websitemad, Kelvin, Mark Hatton, Sage, Winbar, kimberley, Roger Townsend, Pee Litton, newcastleunderlyme, bglendy, evo burton, stuart jonesy, Meee, Wayne, Phil Ball, Moz, rob, MATT ERST, Sarah, tom katsumi, dave008, Margaret Kirk, ad, anne, Rachel, Rob Mercer, joy, Agy, Suzy Creamcheese, David Poole, Ngel Harper, david Hawkins, jodie williamson, pumpkin, Ed, howard carr, annabel, jeff, hayley bee, liverpool
Last updated: 2014-09-22
More stuff about Stoke-on-Trent
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Stoke-on-Trent Knowhere Board