Buskers, Street Entertainers in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire*
Places to find public entertainment
You can tell us more about Stoke-on-Trent.
Buskers, Street Entertainers
- Mr fuckoff the tramp late of the pigeon park burslem(where ceramica is now)wel never forget you
- Mr fuckoff the tramp late of the pigeon park burslem(where ceramica is now)wel never forget you
- MAD MARTIN AS THE NAME SAYS!
NORMALLY OKAY AROUND NEWCASTLE TOWN AREA BUT IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT WHEN IT COMES TO LOCKWOOD STREET /GEORGE STREET WHERE HE IS A FREAKING MAD MAN! CARTING AND PLAYING HIS RECORDER THINKING HE CAN LURE THE RATS TO CHASE HIM SERIOUSLY MAD IN THE HEAD!!!
- That mental foreign woman who sells big issues in Hanley...scary
- big issue man. the man who sits by boots playin the oboe. the duglas mcmillan man he is very good person who made ova £1 million for the duggy mac.
- Crabby! Played with Zappa and Sandy Shaw apparently..
- Theres a mad old women on waterloo road in Cobridge(across from the top of orgrieve street) who comes out with her carrier bags collecting every bit of litter,she's nutty but totally harmless
- THE COUNCIL MANAGEMENT COS ANYONE THAT CAN SELL THAT LOAD OF PARASITES TO THE PUBLIC AND GET AWAY WITH IT DESEARVES TO BE MADE FAMOUS....
- THE RANDOM SCOTTISH MAN WITH THE KILT ON HAT ON WONDERING AROUND THE STREETS OF HANLEY WITH LOADS OF BAGS WHO INSISTS HE IS ON HIS WAY HOME EVERYTIME YOU SEE HIM BUT IS STILL THERE AFTER 5 HOURS OF SHOPPING! IF YOU ASK NICELY, HE'LL GIVE YOU A FREE LESSON ON SCOTTISH DANCING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET!
- the dude on the saxophone who seems to tour between hanley on stone with his instruments.
- theres this man that walks around in a kilt and loads of scottish gear with loads of carrier bags i dont even think hes scottish
- Take your pick of the local chav/chavettes in Hanley!
- Look out for the Trent Vale Poet! Top class!
- John Flowers lives near smallthorne and used to play for doncaster and vale ,his brother played for england.John Flowers also used to keep the infamous Brown Edge Workingmens Garbage.
- the maker were from stoke.A great band.ep out on 11/10/04.
- check out.www.themakermusic.com www.agent-blue.co.uk.
- nic andrews from oakhill is a daft character
- crazy looking clarinet player called eric something. he does marathons whilst blowing up a storm - shit that guys got some lungs!
- all need to go up against the wall!!
- sunny stores!!! and offies that open and serve at 5 in the morning
- There are sum in hanley centre near boots, very talented flute player, anda recorder player.
A strange man wiv ear muffs on draws people wiv HB pencils, he is very good indeed
- There is always the guy that needs money for a train ticket to get home to brighton or somewhere, but then you see him in the pub later!
- stoke is full of local characters and without them we would be bland, but rocky is one we could do without
- Most of the old loonies i remeber are gone, anyone remeber the whistler? orthat bloke who use to go round the pubs in Hanley and people use to throw pennies at him and he`d be on his hands and knees gathering it up( i wasn`t one who did it.I`m much to tight for that) last i heard he bought a small Island in the West Indies with his proceeds
- If you live in Newcastle or Stoke and have frequented the Rigger you will know Crabby. He is old, he stinks, he talks to himself, he escapes what we can't!
- Legendary Lonnie - god knows what lives in that gigantic beard, and that cowboy hat really fits in amongst the crowds in Stoke (not!)
- Eric Newton (A Tosser)
- SPOT THE DOG
- Legendary Lonnie - the guy with the 10ft beard, scary hair and cowboy hat. Top bloke apparently!
- Thers a really good busker who plays Brit Pop stuff in various spots in Hanley (outside Boots/the Bus station) who often gets a little bit of my hard earned cash.
- If you want entertaining go down to trentham bridge by the petrol station. You will laugh all night. AT THE LADS HAIR CUTS. The most ridiculas things i have ever seen. Yet again another good place to get shot.
- the geezer who plays spanish guitar, he does private functions too!
- Anyone wearing a St*ke City shirt - now that's a good laugh if ever I saw one
- Old woman who swears to her self alot!
- Go to a pub or cafe and find a window looking out onto any street in Stoke. From this prime spot you shall see lots of street entertainment. Hoardes of grim ugly thick inbreds are bound to give you plenty to laugh about.
- The Buskers name who runs the Marathon's & sits in Hanley & newcastle outside boots is called Eric "busker" Newton. He lives not far from me & runs past the house on a regular basis.
- Pretty crap altho Eric Newton crafted his trade on our streets (v. influential jazz musician)
- Pain in the FUCKING ARSE
- the big issue man!
- The dodgy hot - dog sellers in the town centre of Hanley !
- LOOK AROUND HANLEY THEIR ALLWAYS THEIR
- Every stokey brings entertainment, the stupid twats!
- Psychotic newspaper-sellers in the streets.
- COUPLE OF HIPPY'S CHUCK FIRE.
- scummy smacked up bastards
- Big issue man that doesn't mind if you don't feel like buying one! But do give him some money for his indurance! Outside woolies....
- I think beggars is the appropriate word here. The only time you ever see buskers is when the city council employs South American pan pipe players to scare away the pigeon population. Oh and there's the occasional guy "playing" a flute with a tape of drum beats in the background.
- Oddjob the clown - fantastic! Saw him at a caravan sales room - balloon animals really impressed my daughter Chloe. He has a web page at www.oddjobtheclown.co.uk.
- Oddjob the Clown - see his webpage at: www.oddjobtheclown.co.uk
- yes there are such people- what do u expect me 2 say about them?
- There are lots of people in Hanley that would like to describe themselves as buskers just to desguise the fact that they are bums. For the lowdown on essential begging, see your local bum on any main street in Hanley on a club night.
- Busker Bill is a live performing shit.
- Only beggers.
- the guy who runs marathons. there is sometimes this nutter preacher guy by the big blue clock chanting
- That bloke with the beard who runs marathons. He sit's outside Woolies.
Anyone know his name?
- Eric Newton, Cool jazz
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: mark adams, Ace, Steven Anckaert, clozzer, rosie reader, rutter, Hayley Martin, laura, SUSANNAH, Lucy, damienbrookes, jj, nicky, Chris, Adam Dawson, Roger, scott an kate, maria, neil howell, Steve Leigh, James Hancock, dave sandwich, jon, chantelle, sta, Fred Fridge, rex savage, Austin, kate, Juice Terry, Louise Fishwick, linz, matt shenton, spike22, cvglt, Kieran, Ian Mitchell, Jo Toy, The Frog, Amber, m.j.hanley, geezer, lauren, marc whiston, Tom, jan, Ma, Debby, Andy Phillips, Barry, SHAKKA T, Glover, LG, Garry, kerry biddulph, gemma burn, lorrainebird, Shelley Dutton, Cockney Tone, aidan, g. cullinane, Vinny, pt, Nikki Rous, a, donny carroll, Escapedfromstoke, Koolyd, parksie, Simon Knight, Sandii, J.C., alan, Keith Hargreaves, Fergus Tobin, RICHIE, Steve Coines, Richard Ward, Cody, Big Ian, me, cal, Calamityjane, Chill cummings, Daz, Frida S. Bath, Laurie, chsgals, sara jones, chris savory, liam 'o connor, Jo, pete, Chris Timbey, F Davies, WiL, Kath West, Jon Webb, Hannibal Lector, kirsty cuthbertson, dan the mad man, Gary Bills, Jimmy, Mick, stef, nathan bickley, peaches, steven pye, stephen harvey, Tim, bob fogarty, Tammy, rutta, Zoe Greaves, sarah b, Andy, **em**, kayleigh, Ashley Kalym, nat, bill subritzky, Kev and Shaz, azzer, omagh, Kelly, sneathy, DAVID SUTTON, Matt, jim, joanne conchie, holster, Dave Potts, Mr G, Ron , DAVE C, claire, punksluts, sam findler, Becky, HOLLIE AND ANAIS, Ian Maddock, sorcerour1, Gareth, Sally, Emma, Clare, rebble, corinne, Tony Davis, dave, Jess, Dean Mann, helen barnes, Fred, Steve Hughes, clint roberts , T-bag, hhhhhhh, Allan Cartlidge, steve, Nick, pjh, T-baby, Sarah Bayley, Jono Highfield, Paul, david morris, karen, Emily, Flixie, David, d simpson, Anna Louise Buckley, 2hot2handle, Bob, James Copeland, bonnie, stephanie, damian, agent blue, instoke, keith hargreaves, Derek Johnson, Adrian Cpestake, Andrew Findley, Heather M, Kaz, andy campbell, john newbould, stu, state, steve harvey, john ob, Shannon, john smith, Colin Heath, AA SYSTEMS, Paul Penkhull, nick ward, Bluesky187, Sean Rafferty, stokie, keith harrop, liam, Scouser, mike m, carl, jeff boddy, generic, COLIN, Debs Moss, raindance rob, websitemad, Kelvin, Mark Hatton, Sage, Winbar, kimberley, Roger Townsend, Pee Litton, newcastleunderlyme, bglendy, evo burton, stuart jonesy, Meee, Wayne, Phil Ball, Moz, rob, MATT ERST, Sarah, tom katsumi, dave008, Margaret Kirk, ad, anne, Rachel, Rob Mercer, Don Harvey, joy, Agy, Suzy Creamcheese, David Poole, Ngel Harper, david Hawkins, jodie williamson, pumpkin, Ed, howard carr, annabel, jeff, hayley bee, liverpool
Last updated: 2014-09-22
More stuff about Stoke-on-Trent
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Stoke-on-Trent Knowhere Board