Record Shops in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire*
The places where you buy your music
You can tell us more about Stoke-on-Trent.
- global groove
- global groove
- woolworths gone its still online though
- Potteries Centre has a HMV. Also there is an Academy Of Sound where you can get a very good selection of instruments, i'm not sure there is a good selection of music to go from there because i've been in there twice and once to buy a Banjo.
- There is a record fair held at Cobridge Community Center the last Sunday in the months Jan, Feb, April, May, June,September and October. For more information contact Dave 01782 324446 or email email@example.com
- rubber soul records in stoke town centre! at last stoke has a record shop! ITS LIKE GOING BACK IN TIME! loads of great vinyl sensible prices!CHECKOUT OUT THE FIRST FLOOR THE GUYS SELLING ALL ALBUMS AT A QUID AND SINGLES AT 50PENCE EACH!
this really is one of the best independant record shops in the uk[i know iv been to most of them! this place just has to be seen!
- unity records k dot kid stoke on trent
go with the home grown stuff
but asin records hmv in the potteries centre lol
- Global Groove is the friendliest Record Shop in Stoke-on-Trent. It's on the Bucknall New Road. Music Mania in the city centre says it buys vinyl but never has any in and the staff are not friendly or interested. Rubber Soul in Stoke is overpriced. Watch condition. There's a regular Record & CD Fair on the last Sunday of the mionth (not July/August) at the Cobridge Community Centre. That's the place where all the collectors go.
- record stall in stoke market....some nice finds. record stall at newcastle market on a thurs....nice collection, some real cheap.
- Madhouse Music in Burslem, been trading for 15 years, have lots of new and old vinyl, collectors stuff, and current singles. Hard to find, but if you want that special item call them (they are actually mail order), if they really like you may be allowed in! 01782836899
- Global groove used to be good until they stoped selling gabber. HMV was good till they stoped selling DnB. I buy most of my vinyl off of eBay, http://www.imorecords.com & Music & Video Exchange down london
- hmv is an amazeing music store, music zone is also a gooden, woolworths is good an o
- HMV is good, music zone are a little too obsessive with age restrictions.
- Cheeky Monkey has closed a good while back - now a lady's nail bar. The secondhand shop in Waterloo Road is closed as well. The Record Fairs have moved from the YMCA to the Tunstall Community Centre on the last Sunday of the month (except July and August). Check out Longton Market on Wed/Fri and Sat as there is a brilliant stall there. Also the best place now is Newcastle-u-Lyme Market on a Thursday 8am-3pm - 4 great record stalls next to Nat West Bank-Woolworths. Boxes and boxes of vinyl 20p - £2 + rarities as well. A vinyl collector's dream.
- Music Mania in Hanley is cool sells loads of gig tickets
- Mainstreet Music in LEEK now has new owners who will bend over backwards to get you the stuff you can't find already!
- The music zone is good because it's cheaper than HMV who rip you off.
- main street music in leek, small shop but decent enough. got to search hard at times but the owner is willing to get anything
- Also in Picadilly is Music Mania, the best independent record shop in town, nuff said!
- music mania, h.m.v. is gud but music zone is better
- musiczone is cheap for your mainstream needs, the musicroom in stockton brook, online is the only way
- HMV - potteries center
MUSIC ZONE (Great Offers)
Woolworths (has sum decent offers on)
Theres are amazing record fayres on at the YMCA sum sundays! Find out whne and pop down!!
- Music Zone, Cheap and Cheapful (oh and of course HMV)
- Global Groove
- We used to have a shop called Mike LLoyds but -hey- it's closed now. I'm sure there is a cool record shop about 30 miles away in Manchester!
- Music Zone in the Potteries centre is quite cheap compared to the likes of HMV/Woolworths.
- HMV Hanley
The one opposite HMV Hanley, can't even remember the name
- Music Mania, wide range, cool prices
- Newstead late shop seems a good place to hook up. Sad 20-25 year olds hanging around with 15 year olds. Buying their friendship with a litre of white lightning.
- Cheeky Monkey Music in Newcastle ... Pretty Cool
- the one that sells rare lp's and vinyl, i forget it's name.
- HMV - Top floor of The Potteries shopping centre
Cheeky Monkey Music - Newcastle-under-Lyme, guarantedd to find really rare music!
- music mania!
- Music zone in the potteries is fairly cheap
- Cheeky Monkey records
- HMV in the Potteries centre, and the new place opposite, can't remember the name of it now.
- Mike Lloyds is ok
- global grooves is half decent but with grand central/ fat city about 40 mins away why bother?
- HMV-expensive but the best dealer in RnB and rap cds.couldnt ask 4 much more-seeing as stoke is so great.woolworths-not much selection but cheaper than hmv when u actually find something u like.
- There is a cool record shop in Hanley called discountdiscs.com It is about the size of a postbox (so you HAVE to buy something) but every CD is £10 or less. Also they make a claim to be "connoisseurs of fine music" and (apart from the chart CDs they sell to maintain business) this proclamation is true!
- have you heard of vinyl beats as the name alone points out as to what thay are.
yes a record shop ,new vinyl and second hand classic's covering all aspect "i,e, look,view,appearance,expression and quality of groove's".but thay dont tsop there,cd's new and second hand thay will also order new vinyl,cd,dvd,record bag's,record players,cd players,smoke machines,lighting f-x,
sound,amp's,style,extreme service just ask them your self 01782 844182 or vist ther site at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike whatever's near JJB
- RIP Mike Lloyd's Megastore, ESPECIALLY the branch in Newcastle upon Tyne which kicked ass being on my route between home and college. All gone, gone, gone. Just HMV in the shopping centre now. Whoopy-f**kin' doo.
- GLOBAL GROOVE @ BUCKNALL NEW ROAD IS THE D.B. AND HAS AN EXELLENT WEBSITE.
- Hmv in Hanley is excellent but you can sometimes get things cheaper by looking in Woolies or WHSmith.
- Bevans a classic shop in Longton straight from Trevor and Simons we dont do discs sketch, two old men in cordrouy selling pre-war re-releases on CD with the odd Bruno Brookes eighties compilation.
- Mike Lloyds has now closed down so there's either HMV or Andy's. HMV is a like a very large sardine tin though.
- Look No Farther - little second hand record shop on Waterloo Road Cobridge. Haggle as much as you like... Mad guy in there.. Very entertaining
- There's a cool rock shop on the cross roads at the top of Etruria road that sells loads of cool, rare vinyl.
- mike loyd records is now bankrupt and closed down
- HMV, ask for a CD and they might sell it.
Andy's Records run by Andy
- Absolutely no alternative record shops.
- andys records in the potteries centre is cheap and well stocked.
- Stoke was te Mike Lloyd Centre until the empire collapsed- shame!
- Mike Lloyds (the dogs), HMV, Replay, Entropy Records, Our Price, Woolworths.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: mark adams, Ace, Steven Anckaert, clozzer, rosie reader, rutter, Hayley Martin, laura, SUSANNAH, Lucy, damienbrookes, jj, nicky, Chris, Adam Dawson, Roger, scott an kate, maria, neil howell, Steve Leigh, James Hancock, dave sandwich, jon, chantelle, sta, Fred Fridge, rex savage, Austin, kate, Juice Terry, Louise Fishwick, linz, matt shenton, spike22, cvglt, Kieran, Ian Mitchell, Jo Toy, The Frog, Amber, m.j.hanley, geezer, lauren, marc whiston, Tom, jan, Ma, Debby, Andy Phillips, Barry, SHAKKA T, Glover, LG, Garry, kerry biddulph, gemma burn, lorrainebird, Shelley Dutton, Cockney Tone, aidan, g. cullinane, Vinny, pt, Nikki Rous, a, donny carroll, Escapedfromstoke, Koolyd, parksie, Simon Knight, Sandii, J.C., alan, Keith Hargreaves, Fergus Tobin, RICHIE, Steve Coines, Richard Ward, Cody, Big Ian, me, cal, Calamityjane, Chill cummings, Daz, Frida S. Bath, Laurie, chsgals, sara jones, chris savory, liam 'o connor, Jo, pete, Chris Timbey, F Davies, WiL, Kath West, Jon Webb, Hannibal Lector, kirsty cuthbertson, dan the mad man, Gary Bills, Jimmy, Mick, stef, nathan bickley, peaches, steven pye, stephen harvey, Tim, bob fogarty, Tammy, rutta, Zoe Greaves, sarah b, Andy, **em**, kayleigh, Ashley Kalym, nat, bill subritzky, Kev and Shaz, azzer, omagh, Kelly, sneathy, DAVID SUTTON, Matt, jim, joanne conchie, holster, Dave Potts, Mr G, Ron , DAVE C, claire, punksluts, sam findler, Becky, HOLLIE AND ANAIS, Ian Maddock, sorcerour1, Gareth, Sally, Emma, Clare, rebble, corinne, Tony Davis, dave, Jess, Dean Mann, helen barnes, Fred, Steve Hughes, clint roberts , T-bag, hhhhhhh, Allan Cartlidge, steve, Nick, pjh, T-baby, Sarah Bayley, Jono Highfield, Paul, david morris, karen, Emily, Flixie, David, d simpson, Anna Louise Buckley, 2hot2handle, Bob, James Copeland, bonnie, stephanie, damian, agent blue, instoke, keith hargreaves, Derek Johnson, Adrian Cpestake, Andrew Findley, Heather M, Kaz, andy campbell, john newbould, stu, state, steve harvey, john ob, Shannon, john smith, Colin Heath, AA SYSTEMS, Paul Penkhull, nick ward, Bluesky187, Sean Rafferty, stokie, keith harrop, liam, Scouser, mike m, carl, jeff boddy, generic, COLIN, Debs Moss, raindance rob, websitemad, Kelvin, Mark Hatton, Sage, Winbar, kimberley, Roger Townsend, Pee Litton, newcastleunderlyme, bglendy, evo burton, stuart jonesy, Meee, Wayne, Phil Ball, Moz, rob, MATT ERST, Sarah, tom katsumi, dave008, Margaret Kirk, ad, anne, Rachel, Rob Mercer, joy, Agy, Suzy Creamcheese, David Poole, Ngel Harper, david Hawkins, jodie williamson, pumpkin, Ed, howard carr, annabel, jeff, hayley bee, liverpool
Last updated: 2014-09-22
More stuff about Stoke-on-Trent
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Stoke-on-Trent Knowhere Board