The Best Things in Stratford, Greater London*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Stratford.
The Best Things
- The area around the Station which is buzzing and full of life.
- ha ha you're joking right?
- Poundland, Farm Foods, Argos, but where is the 99p shop going to be in the centre? as much as I love Poundland they do need the competition ha! ha!
- the Station - and how easy it is to get out of Stratford !
West Ham Park is lovely
- Stratford Circus, Stratford Theatre, Picture House. Trendy square. Look for the free Evenst. Specialy Stratford -on-the-Sea on August. Great for kids!
- All free events through the year. Summer Stratford-on-the-sea, winter school christmas song singing.
The one-pound-shop. Do not buy anything that you want to last but is fun.
- I just moved here a few months ago and I've got to say, the best thing is the stuff going on. On my doorstep, I have a cinema (Picture House, owned by the same ppl who run the Curzon and so we get a decent selection of comercial and 'art-house' films), a fine old victorian theatre (Theatre Royal. Well, its due to re-open in the next couple of months) and a performing arts center (Stratford Circus) where they're big on contempory dance, plays and jazz. Cool.
- Just the place. I lived there for two years and loved it.
- Transport. Liverpool street in 5 mins by C2C. Oxford street in 20 mins by Central line.
Also jubilee line, DLR, North London line and some intercity sevices. Cross rail and Eurostar
- Transport. 5 mins to Liverpool street on the train with a regular service.
Also got the North London line to Richmond, the central line, the Jubilee line,
and the Docklands light railway. if there's a problem on one, there's always
City airport is close and there will soon be a direct DLR service from Stratford.
The Eurostar extension is now going ahead so we'll have a the Eurostar connection
at Stratford international.
Also, Stratford will soon have the cross-rail service to Paddington.
- The people, The Brother Fish Bar(s)
- The Theatre Royal (being renovated at moment), The Edward the Seventh pub (and a few other pubs), the bus garage and station buildings, the Picture House
- Transport - we have 2 tube lines (central & jubilee), docklands light railway, main line trains (1 stop to Liverpool St. and go virtually anywhere in East Anglia), and the under-rated North London Line which goes nearly all the way round London from North Woolwich to Richmond. Loads of buses from Stratford bus station (another striking building)
Epping Forest, Wanstead Park and West Ham Park are all within easy reach.
House prices - these are still among the cheapest in London and you can get a decent sized house for the same price as a studio flat in other areas such as Tooting!
- Good public transport (Central line, Jubilee line, DLR, BR, North London Link,)
Cheap but groovy,
Million times safer than Hackney,
Loads of safe pubs in small area,
All my friends live here
- natwest bank
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Paul Rhine, COSTAS, ben jones, alan, adam, Angel of Stratford, Robin, P. Honey, john, natalie, Ana Davies, Lynne Higgins, Dale Thatcher, Robert Quade, Khalid Siddiqui, ting, generic, Anita Anderson, Garry W, pm, Amelia, jono, Gary, Frankie Roberto, rhowan, scampy
Last updated: 2012-06-30
More stuff about Stratford
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Stratford Knowhere Board