Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Stratford, Greater London*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Stratford.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- jean deforges,she broke a european games record in 1958 and was captain of the womens team.married ron pickering ,the bbc athletics commentator
- the black alcoholic wuuuuuuoooooooooooop wuuuuuuuoooooooop
- Bryan Forbes (the actor, you know his face), Near neighbours are Honor Blackman. JHoe Brown (famous for nothing in particular), David Essex are all from Plaistow, The Archbishop of Canterbury, Terence Stamp and Jack Warner (Dixon Of Dock Green) are from Bow, Derek Jacobi is from Leyton, Alfred Hitchcock and David Beckham are from Leytonstone and Vera Lynnn is from East Ham. A veritable feast of stars.
- Lord Lister lived near West Ham park.
Samuel Gurney and his sister Elizabeth Fry (the prison reformer).
Gerard Manley Hopkins the poet.
Aaron Hill the poet.
Dame Anna Naegle.
- Too numerous. Lord Lister (physician/scientist),
Elizabeth Fry (quaker/prison reformer), Samuel Gurney (banker),
Dame Anna Neagle(sp?) the actress, Gerard Manley Hopkins the poet,
Aaron Hill the poet... loads more that I can't think of off the top of my head.
- Bradley Walsh. Don't worry if you don't know him
- There is a rumour that Shakespeare really came from this Stratford before moving to Stratford Upon Avon. Hence the tribute to him in the form of the Theatre Royal here - currently being extensively rebuilt and closed for a while.
- Iron Maiden
Dirt (crass band)
Stratford Mercenaries (ex crass band)
- the presenter from citv mathaew
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Paul Rhine, COSTAS, ben jones, alan, adam, Angel of Stratford, Robin, P. Honey, john, natalie, Ana Davies, Lynne Higgins, Dale Thatcher, Robert Quade, Khalid Siddiqui, ting, generic, Anita Anderson, Garry W, pm, Amelia, jono, Gary, Frankie Roberto, rhowan, scampy
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Stratford
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Stratford Knowhere Board