The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Stratford.
- The Cow in Westfield. Nice selection of beer but a bit yuppified and expensive though.
- King Edward VII on Stratford on the Broadway. Listed building, good music and events, (quiz night, jazz Sundays,) fantastic selection of beer and winewith several English producers, excellent food. Basically a gastropub at still reasonable prices and the nicest place in Stratford for a night out.
- 'There is one pub in Stratford which has two dubious claims to fame. Firstly, someone was stabbed there and got open heart surgery on the floor and secondly because David Copeland, the Soho/Brixton/Brick Lane bomber and his NF mates used to have meetings there. Can I tell you which one it is?' This is the Swan which is now a betting shop. The Coronet is now flats and the Two Puddins is now the Latin Quarter.
- The Goose on Broadway
- The Eddy :) only pub in Stratford worth going to, no fights, no kids, no dogs, just friendly people, good beer and good food
- The Golden Grove is the cheapest and probably the cleanest. The yates if you can take standing around looking at other people all night, and getting felt up on the dancefloor, not that I'm saying it's a meat market or anything like that
- Stratford pubs compete on price alone. In October 2002 it is only £1.45 for a pint of lager in many of them ! you get what you pay for
- The Black Bull Pub. Great enviroment for the ones not too young. Big screen.
- There is one pub in Stratford which has two dubious claims to fame. Firstly, someone was stabbed there and got open heart surgery on the floor and secondly because David Copeland, the Soho/Brixton/Brick Lane bomber and his NF mates used to have meetings there. Can I tell you which one it is?
- The Golden Grove (Weatherspoons pub) on the Grove.
Yates' wine bar on the Broadway.
There's also a nice little restaurant/bar opposite Yates.
Can't remember the name.
- Edward the Seventh - for its character, The Railway - unusual opening hours
- The Pigeons, Romford Road - great for students
The Eddy, opposite Stratford Centre - nice and sleazy
The Golden Grove - Wetherspoon place
The Coronet - Broadway - gay pub
The Manby, Water Lane - lovely beer garden
- none good apart from the angel which my friends dad just took over
- It used to be the Burford they kept Market hours:- you could get a beer at 6am
Princess of Wales
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Paul Rhine, COSTAS, ben jones, alan, adam, Angel of Stratford, Robin, P. Honey, john, natalie, Ana Davies, Lynne Higgins, Dale Thatcher, Robert Quade, Khalid Siddiqui, ting, generic, Anita Anderson, Garry W, pm, Amelia, jono, Gary, Frankie Roberto, rhowan, scampy
Last updated: 2012-06-30
More stuff about Stratford
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Stratford Knowhere Board