Favourite Building in Streatham, Greater London*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Streatham.
- Streatham Pumping Station, The Old Burton's Building (above The Goose Pub),
- Streatham Ice RInk
- my place, no one ever comes :(
- The Water Works
- The line of buildings up from Streatham Hill, now freshly cleaned of 100 years of polluted grime look good and are a reminder of how good the whole area must once have looked.
- I like the cinema cinema thats about to be demolished and replaced with yet another supermarket
- I love Streatham swimming baths. They've been done up fairly recently and there's a fabulous goldfish on the stained-glass ceiling. Perfect for backstrokers like me!
Also Streatham has loads of wonderful Art Deco stuff. Look above the Firkin Borin' facades and see some stuff you don't often see outside Miami Beach. The ABC cinema is one of my favourite buildings in London - a real treasure that sadly closed in about 2000.
- I'd have to say Ceasers!
- Elgar House. The offices above Kwik Fit was where I got my first job.
- The Pumping Station on Conyers Road - for years passengers in trains en-route to Victoria have assumed that this Victorian wonder is a mosque.
Despite the disparaging comment about them posted below, the congregation at Christ Church have restored their little bit of Byzantium. It should be open as part of Open House weekend in September.
- The MI5 building near Sainsbury's at the bottom of Streatham High road near the common.
- The Goose, once the Firkin, just look up, Art Deco extrodinaire.
- The victorian pump house by Streatham Common Station
- Streathams 'Tate' Library.
St Leonards Church.
- Loads of really weird buildings - you have to look up to see them though... ie the Art Neuvo elephants above the new Firkin pub, the Odeon cinema, the two churches, the white tower-like thingy at the top of the building opposite English Martyrs (one of the two churches) and the Onion Top houses on Gleneldon road.
- Favourite shop - the Mediterranean Bakery in the High Street (next to Streatham Accom Bureau). Good savoury snacks.
- The old post office
- My birds house!! =) Seriously though.. HHHmmm... I don't know
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Henry Wolny, Zoe, tony amos, laura, Michael M, Tony Kehoe, mark, and man, Streatham Online, tim ridley, Alasdair, Lesley Smith, Leigh, F Strachan, gavin, Ian Sega, louise, Emanuel, jen collier, maria, shepz, Damon Levine, madeleine, alex, Matthew Lenton, Tony French, Gangsta, Greg D, fuckhead, MickyC, Frances Button, Streatham Pulse, kendra, Luke Tope, NJW, steve, Nick, Helen Taylor, David, Anna Godsiff, Samantha Fox, Steven Pittman, red monkey, geoff, mike gooch, sandra, lang rabbie, sarah, lu, Robert Doyle, Col, Norm, Sophie, Kam, Susan Tavner, Freek, dan, Rob Newell, Robert Doyle, John Ray, Deanna Finlayson, Sabrina Ayadassen, Richard Stewart, Max, Mark Sumner, Mark Shaw, Jan Czarnopolski, Tony Silva, sam, shane, brendan maher, generic, pauly, Brant, Billy Shearer, Lucs, Ian Box, Loraine, email@example.com, Lesley, michael moran, Andrew McKinna, jhon, jonathan roberts, The Great Eamondo, Robert Hill, lisa, Vanessa Stopford, hilary lambert, Robert Barber, R, jOAN PETERSON, Marie-Therese
Last updated: 2010-01-06
More stuff about Streatham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Streatham Knowhere Board