Arts, crafts and such in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands*
Anything from pukka art galleries to craft shops. Trendy and twee both welcome.
You can tell us more about Sutton Coldfield.
Arts, crafts and such
- Cool sustainable shop online but based in sutton - www.behindmyeyeball.com
- Sutton's most famous artist/sculptor, so far, Julieann Worrall Hood, can be found at www.woho.co.uk. She has worked with internationally famous artist David Hockney and has her own artwork in major museums and galleries such as the Victoria & Albert Museum, London. She grew up in Four Oaks, opposite Villa chairman Doug Ellis and went to Riland Bedford School! See her latest sculpture in the Daylesford show garden at Chelsea Flower Show 2008.
- Paint A Pot Studio, alternate Saturdays : A Time to Kiln : Vesey Arts & Craft Gallery, Chester Road, New Oscott. Sessions from 10.00 - 4.00pm. Its a great place. Loads of fun. Free refreshments for all the pottery painters and you get to paint loads of brilliant items.
- Go to the In-Shops for cheap craft materials, there is also a great wool shop in the Sainsbury Centre, next to Wilkos.
- You can see examples of Suttons famous artist Julieann Worrall Hood on her web site www.julieannworrallhood.com.
- Vesey Gallery on Chester Road. Taken oversome years ago but has only got better.
- Fine Arts Trades Guild Commended Framer now resident at the Mitchell Centre. Windsor and Newton Artistis materials also available.
- The hungry horse (now mitchells craft centre) is fab for little bits and bobs, good underwear shop, cards, flowers, gifts, candles etc. The heart of the country is great- especially the pear tree creperie for fantastic french cuisine.
- There used to be a nice wicker-work shop next to the Shell garage. There's also a Dillon's newsagents that sells chocolates and the like.
- Drifold arts on Birmingham road opersite Maney Hill road
- holifast rd picture framing shop - very friendly and some excellent original artwork as well - Wylde Green
- My sister was or probably is the best artist to come from Sutton Coldfield. She now lives in Wiltshire and has become quite famous in her vocation. Her name is Julie Ann Worrall-Hood. You may remember her. The Hood by the way is Nick ! They went to Riland Bedford Scool ( I think that was the spelling).
- inshops.. a some others
- The Hungry Horse is a craft shop on Whitehouse Common Road, with stables and a restaurant area.
- The Hungry Horse Craft centre, located on a farm, has excellent items such as candles, paintings and glass products.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: John Chance, N Clayton, glad to be somewhere else, georgia mckeever, andrew, Jon. Yates, fuzz townshend, Andy Robinson, anne whitaker, Keeley Graham, Martin Turner, Jenny Hunt, games-geek, spacey, df, Jim, Brian Supper, Redsexy (seriously, everyone around the area only knows me a, Ashley, Simon Holden, DCJ, CPMEEHAN, Andrew Whittle, Fi, monolog, dave dineley, Jeff Childs, Charlotte, Robin Baker, rory phillips, karen anthony, Catherine Murphy, andrew weston, vicky davis, Una Croxford, Richard Mitton, Brian, kerry davies, ST, Nathan Bennett, J. A. O. Forster-Dowden, Esq., jeffscarf, daveyJ, richard, Emma Lewis, alison stirling, Nick, Emma Paul, nigel conde, Joshua Smith, kerry.gibbon, Richard Simkins, B.M.Sutton, MARK BURGESS, Louise Johnson, Anthony Cole, Danny Bone, Philippa, pat allen, Wayne Jones, Steve Lightfoot, bill, Mick Gregory, Robin Guest, bill lewis, beth, lizzie, dan, Duce, keith ward, Claire Rushe, AA SYSTEMS, Stacey Emiliou, Nicky Tony, claire burke, Pieter Dyson, andrew newman, matt, CaptainSENer, Jim Cadman, Jonathan, jeff scarf, Mandy Willson, Andy Lutwyche, John Leftlung, generic, little mo, Matt hardeman, Z. Beeblebrox, adny, Nathan Davies, Denise Taylor, Charlotte Boardman, pete, B & G, mark willis, Steve Lutwyche, Jon Robson, Gavin Clement, skater1, Gavin Smith, Rebecca Gale, Karena Keeley, charlie, christine levasseur, L Haycock, Paul, Paul & Rob, joe homer, Blusey Chris, tom moore, Annabel Gregory, Kirsten, Moi, bill major, Rob Skedgell, Richard Teale, pinky, Mat Thewlis, Chris Wood, John, Adam Roche, Andy, Emma Jenkins, Julian Worrall, Josie
Last updated: 2012-01-19
More stuff about Sutton Coldfield
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Sutton Coldfield Knowhere Board