The Best Things in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Sutton Coldfield.
The Best Things
- The people
- Pizza Express, there are no other restaurants in Sutton worth going to. The Station Pub.
- Sutton Park is without a doubt the best part of Sutton Coldfield, it is beautiful, you can always find new places to visit and best of all it is free!
- Sutton Park is amazing, a great place to walk the dogs and clear your head
- The Blues club at the station on wednesday nights.
- ME !
- Mainly quiet & peaceful
- The fit lads who hang out with the skaters, boxers on display.
When totally different teenage social groups live together in perfect ignorant bliss.
- Sutton Park.The Friends of Sutton Park do tons of days out...we should make the most of it while it is there.Before they build the next BNRR straight through it. I have it on good authority that in the 50's Brummies from all over took their annual holidays in Sutton and spent most of their days in the park.
- Sutton Park
- LEAVING SUTTON COLDFIELD AND CUMMIN BACK AND SEEIN ALL YOUR MATES IN ROSES, AND ALL THE KEVS STILL JOBLESS, FUCKIN LOSER KEVS
- thursdays in ROSIES
- close to the country side,unlikely to get mugged unless some out of town nike wearing jeans hanging round the middle of the bum unsavoury youth turn up.sutton park
- atmosphere, sutton park- heaven in the middle of a city, BVGS in fact all the schools and O'Neills
- Fairfax school - no its not full of kevs from out of town one of the few schools that isnt!!!
Sutton park is ace, all the history too
walmley, but latley full of rockport kevs up to no good - get out of it!!
Nice posh houses esp little aston etc
close to brum but not too close
- Rosies on a Thursday night!!!
- The new M6 Toll Road
- It's too small to be noticed much, and too big to be invisible. I always go when I want to get away for a while. It's a perfect little town, and deserves to stay that way. I had all my first adventures in Sutton, and I love it to bits
- John wilmot from 1960 to 1965, I was gutted when i did not get into BVGS but never regretted JW. A>W>Paton took me shopifting in Woolworths (allegedly)
- Moving away with mom following my parents divorce. I learned there was a life outside of Sutton.
- Sutton Park is a little piece of heaven.
- Long lunch hours spent on the school field at JWS (late 8o's)
- the park, playing in the rugby team at Bishop Vesey's and thrashing John Wilmot school
every year. Getting drunk in the Barley Mow, getting sausage chips and curry sauce then walking along the railway line from Four oaks to Wylde Green as a short cut
seemed like a good idea at the time.
I also know the identity of the ex Veseyan who stole Bobby Atkins's graduation gown from his office.
Don't worry mate your secrets safe, I would blackmail you with requests for bottles of Newcastle brown ale
at the gate, except it's gone, will have to settle for the Station then!!
- Green and Leafy
- Bishop Vesey's Grammar School- Officially the best rugby team in the region, best team in the school for 70 years. Also best exam results and some good teachers (now). Very little bullying.
- All the pubs and wine bars.
- The people are dead friendly, and you always seem to bump into one wherever you are in the world. I was rescued from drunken oblivion in a French ski bar by some bloke who I only know 'went to Arthur Terry!'
Everyone is a Villa Fan..Bluenoses can stay 'southside'!!
- The park.
- Somone said: "The best thing about Bishop-fucking-Vesey was the "berry attacks" on Phil Coulson in Physics" - I remember this and was in that year. It wasn't like a prison when I was there, but kids did get bullied - and I know the big-nosed games master with the TR7 you are referring to. Don't remember any drug abuse, just shoplifting! Sounds like every school doesn't it? As for computers being a passing fad - I was there then as well and now work in IT - and one brainiac from then is now a "Wizard without portfolio" at Apple! Go figure.
- The Suttonians are jolly nice people (unlike the people from that ghastly town ten miles further south).
- Sutton Park without a doubt
- The best thing about Bishop-fucking-Vesey was the "berry attacks" on Phil Coulson in Physics.
- The Park without a doubt. Please can we do something about the petrol-headed
boy racers from Town Gate before someone gets killed.
- Convenience - good links with rest of UK via road, rail and air.
- Easy access to Birmingham International Airport, NEC Concert venues and everything that goes on in Birmingham.
- I was born and bred in Sutton Coldfield. Great place, but don't go to the Fox & Dogs on Little Sutton Road, because it is a dive.
- Bole Music in Boldmere. Andy Bole is incredibly knowledgeable about guitars and stocks Dobro Guitars from America, which are hard to come by. He has some unusual stuff and he knows what he's talking about. He is one hell of a guitar player too, and a nice guy. Pay him a visit.
- John Clover Music in Mere Green. Full of American guitars at good prices. Fender, Gibson, Rickenbacker, Gretsch. John is very patient. I tried almost every guitar in the shop before I bought my Fender Strat, he stayed open after hours for me. He's got a mate who repairs vintage amps as well.
- Sutton College is excellent.
- Danny House Cantonese is THE BEST.
- It's a nice place to live but property is a bit expensive.
- Esther McDermott lives there, so does Ian Rivers. The One Of The LADS club was founded there.
- It is such a comfortable place.... leafy, there is the park, good links,...
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: John Chance, N Clayton, glad to be somewhere else, georgia mckeever, andrew, Jon. Yates, fuzz townshend, Andy Robinson, anne whitaker, Keeley Graham, Martin Turner, Jenny Hunt, games-geek, spacey, df, Jim, Brian Supper, Redsexy (seriously, everyone around the area only knows me a, Ashley, Simon Holden, DCJ, CPMEEHAN, Andrew Whittle, Fi, monolog, dave dineley, Jeff Childs, Charlotte, Robin Baker, rory phillips, karen anthony, Catherine Murphy, andrew weston, vicky davis, Una Croxford, Richard Mitton, Brian, kerry davies, ST, Nathan Bennett, J. A. O. Forster-Dowden, Esq., jeffscarf, daveyJ, richard, Emma Lewis, alison stirling, Nick, Emma Paul, nigel conde, Joshua Smith, kerry.gibbon, Richard Simkins, B.M.Sutton, MARK BURGESS, Louise Johnson, Anthony Cole, Danny Bone, Philippa, pat allen, Wayne Jones, Steve Lightfoot, bill, Mick Gregory, Robin Guest, bill lewis, beth, lizzie, dan, Duce, keith ward, Claire Rushe, AA SYSTEMS, Stacey Emiliou, Nicky Tony, claire burke, Pieter Dyson, andrew newman, matt, CaptainSENer, Jim Cadman, Jonathan, jeff scarf, Mandy Willson, Andy Lutwyche, John Leftlung, generic, little mo, Matt hardeman, Z. Beeblebrox, adny, Nathan Davies, Denise Taylor, Charlotte Boardman, pete, B & G, mark willis, Steve Lutwyche, Jon Robson, Gavin Clement, skater1, Gavin Smith, Rebecca Gale, Karena Keeley, charlie, christine levasseur, L Haycock, Paul, Paul & Rob, joe homer, Blusey Chris, tom moore, Annabel Gregory, Kirsten, Moi, bill major, Rob Skedgell, Richard Teale, pinky, Mat Thewlis, Chris Wood, John, Adam Roche, Andy, Emma Jenkins, Julian Worrall, Josie
Last updated: 2011-06-18
More stuff about Sutton Coldfield
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Sutton Coldfield Knowhere Board