Cheap Food in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Sutton Coldfield.
- chicken stop next to subway opposite mc donalds. GREAT FOOD AT LOW PRICES!!!!
- For the best fish and chips in Sutton head to the Wylde Green chippy by the Yenton - sometimes they give away free lemonade too!
- Mother India
- The New Oscott Fish Bar. The best chip shop/pizza shop/take away/ delivery in the whole of Sutton! Try for yourself I can highly recommend.321 3412.
- Oriel in Mere Green has changed hands and is now called Pier 39.
Crown has been revamped - boring chain pub now - no Tandoori any more
- some excellent currys hidden away the best of which is opposite the fire station but not the one on the main road its behind it the one on the main road is minging!
- One of the best restaurants in the area if your after a curry is definately The Bengal Garden,Gate Lane,Boldmere. Friendly and always open late.
The jacket potato stand outside Beatties in the gracechurch- QUALITY!!!!!!
- Danny House is now The Dragon Garden and does an excellent all you can eat Buffet. Great for the kids too. Staff complained because we were only there an hour!
- ASK restaurant is situated over the road from Yates- the food is delicious but more importantly, the service is out of this world. The waitresses are friendly and efficient and the atmosphere is great any night of the week. They don't take bookings for tables of over 10 people so you may have to wait, but it won't be long and there's a nice waiting area that you can sit and have a drink in!!!!
- Mostly Indian takeaways, and very good they are too
- Sonargaw. I implore you to visit this fine establishment, where you will be welcomed by one "Abul"... an After Eight mint awaits your custom. Chicken Dupiaza and fried rice is a good bet!
- COME TO THE HORSE AND JOCKEY - HAIL EMBER!
- Oriel, Mere Green, the new face of Casa Tino's, Ok, but could improve the portions and ONE DIRE WARNING : don't even think of going there with a child - not even at lunchtime when the place is otherwise empty. Their policy is strictly adults only and no flexibility even if you have been there before (and to the other restaurants that the owners and managers have had in the past). RULES is RULES.
- Just on from Mere Green past the Highwayman is the Indian Restaraunt The Lodge, best curries I have every eaten. No drinks licence, but you can take your own that is when you can get a table because its so popular. They will deliver to your home.
- The smell of cheap burger fat in Sutton! Oooh I'm drooling at the prospect of
purchasing a broiled offal burger from the newly established 'food' kiosk
outside Boots. The smell's enough to make a cannibal wince!
- Sainsbury's, both in Mere Green and Sutton centre
- Angelo's in Wylde Green - best Italian
- Danny House Cantonese in Boldmere is excellent despite the modest exterior. If you like hot food, try their stuffed green chilli in black bean sauce - a rare delight.
- The Crown Pub has a decent Tandori inside it (Bombay Potatoes is a recomended starter, the Chicken Vindaloo is good, as is the pilau rice. The balti is not so good) plus a south American restaurant and a steak house (yuk).
- Good restaurants - almost non existent. Try Casa Tinos - Mere Green or Boat House in the Park.
- Noble House Cantonese Restaurant is amazing, especially the Crispy Duck. Not for the financially challenged.
- Great Place to eat in Sutton Coldfield is La Reserve in Sutton Park, We ate there 5/98 wonderful food and plenty of it.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: John Chance, N Clayton, glad to be somewhere else, georgia mckeever, andrew, Jon. Yates, fuzz townshend, Andy Robinson, anne whitaker, Keeley Graham, Martin Turner, Jenny Hunt, games-geek, spacey, df, Jim, Brian Supper, Redsexy (seriously, everyone around the area only knows me a, Ashley, Simon Holden, DCJ, CPMEEHAN, Andrew Whittle, Fi, monolog, dave dineley, Jeff Childs, Charlotte, Robin Baker, rory phillips, karen anthony, Catherine Murphy, andrew weston, vicky davis, Una Croxford, Richard Mitton, Brian, kerry davies, ST, Nathan Bennett, J. A. O. Forster-Dowden, Esq., jeffscarf, daveyJ, richard, Emma Lewis, alison stirling, Nick, Emma Paul, nigel conde, Joshua Smith, kerry.gibbon, Richard Simkins, B.M.Sutton, MARK BURGESS, Louise Johnson, Anthony Cole, Danny Bone, Philippa, pat allen, Wayne Jones, Steve Lightfoot, bill, Mick Gregory, Robin Guest, bill lewis, beth, lizzie, dan, Duce, keith ward, Claire Rushe, AA SYSTEMS, Stacey Emiliou, Nicky Tony, claire burke, Pieter Dyson, andrew newman, matt, CaptainSENer, Jim Cadman, Jonathan, jeff scarf, Mandy Willson, Andy Lutwyche, John Leftlung, generic, little mo, Matt hardeman, Z. Beeblebrox, adny, Nathan Davies, Denise Taylor, Charlotte Boardman, pete, B & G, mark willis, Steve Lutwyche, Jon Robson, Gavin Clement, skater1, Gavin Smith, Rebecca Gale, Karena Keeley, charlie, christine levasseur, L Haycock, Paul, Paul & Rob, joe homer, Blusey Chris, tom moore, Annabel Gregory, Kirsten, Moi, bill major, Rob Skedgell, Richard Teale, pinky, Mat Thewlis, Chris Wood, John, Adam Roche, Andy, Emma Jenkins, Julian Worrall, Josie
Last updated: 2008-10-21
More stuff about Sutton Coldfield
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Sutton Coldfield Knowhere Board