Cinemas in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands*
Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Sutton Coldfield.
- THE EMPRESS CINEMA. LONG GONE.
- The local is cheap and o.k
- Sutton Coldfield Odeon is the best cinema around - an original art deco building, much more interesting than the out of town multiplexes. It has four screens and the staff are really friendly. You can often get free movie posters too.
- Always remember walking to Plantsbrook School one morning and passing the Odeon cinema. The film Memphis Belle was on show at the time and some wag had climbed up during the night and changed it to 'Memphis Bollocks' Marvellous!!
- odeon in sutton = SHIT !
id go 2 town if i were u !
- Sutton Odeon is well cheap.
- The Odeon is getting on, but lovely building, prime location, and the staff are really friendly!
- sutton odeon is truly class! me and my mates spent many a weekend there having a sly drink and trying unsuccessfully to pull!
- the seats in the odeon give you back ache its that old, please knock it down and start again!
- Odeon- cheap and cheerful! Showcase does student discounts but it is expensive for regular customers. Definately a nicer place to go though- it's near Erdington- 5 minutes away from Sutton town centre.
- Odeon is crap if you have long legs but tickets are cheaper than everywhere else and has recently been done up. only see films in screens 1 or 4. 2 +3 bout the same size as my tv.
- We always travel to Sutton to see films that are booked out in our town, mainly because it's always empty, it's one of those huge auditorium type things all done out in plush red velvety seats, and it's about £2.50 to get in. We went to see The Phantom Menace on the day of release whilst everyone back in our town had to book for three weeks
- New UGC Cinema in town, near Arcadian. It's fantastic - big comfy seats and it's tiered so you can see!!
- Odean is cheap and cherful not as luxurious as newer cinemas but its cheaper
- The odean is at the other end but its getting a bit old now and doesnt get many films
- The Odeon. I remember the saturday morning club in the late 70,s. It is very old but I still travel here to see films. I'm now 32 but I remeber the old days.
- that small place known as Warner Village?
- eugh - the cinema is disgusting but fairly cheap, i walk past it every morning hoping that someone will have rearranged the letters into rude words again!
- Odean cinema, legend has it was the one they use in all Odeon film trailers.
- Saturday morning picture shows at the Odeon, God I'm showing my age!!
- Odeon, small and dirty
Try Showcase just outside Sutton, on the Kingsbury road.
- For choice go to the multiplexes in Tyburn/Erdington or the one in Tamworth
- If the demolishers ball comes within a hundred yards of Sutton's fantastic
Deco-period cinema, Birmingham City Council Planning Department will be first
against the wall when the Revolution comes!
- Odeon is going to be knocked down soon, thank god, but a replacement will be needed
- Sutton Odeon is very cheap, but the seats set your arse on fire!
- The Sutton Odeon is a CLASIC cinema. Most of the kids who have been bought up in Sutton have had at least one memorable grope in there. Big news September 1998 is that they are looking to demolish it. Everyone with a S/C connection PLEASE write and object.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: John Chance, N Clayton, glad to be somewhere else, georgia mckeever, andrew, Jon. Yates, fuzz townshend, Andy Robinson, anne whitaker, Keeley Graham, Martin Turner, Jenny Hunt, games-geek, spacey, df, Jim, Brian Supper, Redsexy (seriously, everyone around the area only knows me a, Ashley, Simon Holden, DCJ, CPMEEHAN, Andrew Whittle, Fi, monolog, dave dineley, Jeff Childs, Charlotte, Robin Baker, rory phillips, karen anthony, Catherine Murphy, andrew weston, vicky davis, Una Croxford, Richard Mitton, Brian, kerry davies, ST, Nathan Bennett, J. A. O. Forster-Dowden, Esq., jeffscarf, daveyJ, richard, Emma Lewis, alison stirling, Nick, Emma Paul, nigel conde, Joshua Smith, kerry.gibbon, Richard Simkins, B.M.Sutton, MARK BURGESS, Louise Johnson, Anthony Cole, Danny Bone, Philippa, pat allen, Wayne Jones, Steve Lightfoot, bill, Mick Gregory, Robin Guest, bill lewis, beth, lizzie, dan, Duce, keith ward, Claire Rushe, AA SYSTEMS, Stacey Emiliou, Nicky Tony, claire burke, Pieter Dyson, andrew newman, matt, CaptainSENer, Jim Cadman, Jonathan, jeff scarf, Mandy Willson, Andy Lutwyche, John Leftlung, generic, little mo, Matt hardeman, Z. Beeblebrox, adny, Nathan Davies, Denise Taylor, Charlotte Boardman, pete, B & G, mark willis, Steve Lutwyche, Jon Robson, Gavin Clement, skater1, Gavin Smith, Rebecca Gale, Karena Keeley, charlie, christine levasseur, L Haycock, Paul, Paul & Rob, joe homer, Blusey Chris, tom moore, Annabel Gregory, Kirsten, Moi, bill major, Rob Skedgell, Richard Teale, pinky, Mat Thewlis, Chris Wood, John, Adam Roche, Andy, Emma Jenkins, Julian Worrall, Josie
Last updated: 2017-08-29
More stuff about Sutton Coldfield
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Sutton Coldfield Knowhere Board