Cinemas in Swindon, Wiltshire*
Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Swindon.
- The Empire is the best in Swindon.. plenty of arcades in the foyer to play if you've turned up for your film a little too early. Shame about all the kids that hang out there though.
- Reasonable multi-screen cinema at Greenbridge and also near the Link centre.
- There's basically two cinemas here. They're both named the same name now. The one in Greenbridge Retail Park is better.
- 2 Multiplexes. the one in greenbridge haqs Bollywood filsm & a Tuesday Classic with tea & biscuits for the coffin dodgers
- Greenbridge Cineworld Number 1 Cinema, UGC smaller less screens but still good on other side of town.
- Green bridge
- green bridge - cineworld
- cineworld does the job, but never buy their food ull end up payin a fiva for a large coke they rip u off like a pair of strippers underpants.
- Cineworld is bigger and better than UGC - more screens, so more films. Also get the occasional quality limited release.
- Just Cineworld and Greenbridge, packed Sat and Fri nites, as is UGC at Shaw Ridge. Arts Centre/Wyvern Theatre show some new releases a few weeks after the main cinemas do, plus its cheaper.
- Cineworld, where you go to see a film... and hear half of it
- You're better off renting the bloody film and watching it in you're £20 a month council house on your black and white TV whilst your dog licks the remnants of your dinner as you slowly fall asleep than watching a film at either of our two Cinemas. We have UGC in West Swindon, and Cineworld in Greenbridge.
- Cineworld is definitely the best if you want loads of films and loads of leg room. If you're near West Swindon then the one there is OK, and usually has loads of seats left.
- u even need ID for the simplest things in life now...ie.chuckin balls down an alley at bowling but then is it surprising looking at the 12/13 year olds that tart themselves up in the hope of gettin in sumwhere?the ID is just to make them stay at home outta the public eye!
- Cineworld - overpriced food sticky seats and floors
Virgin UGC or whatever it calls itself these days is too far away from me to care quite frankly.
- CINEWORLD!!!! the fittest stewards and the comfiest seats... also not as expensive as your usual.
- Couple of good cinemas. Lot's of screens. Mainly mainstream stuff though. And lot's of young hoodlums hanging around. Still Tuesdays at Cineworld are cheap!
- Cineworld is the best I have been to so far!
- UGC cinema in westswindon is ok ( i gotta say that i used 2 work there) but cineworld is better big screens and stuff but best of all loadsa sweeties and food to choose from ummmmm
- Bargain Tuesday rules!!(But only if Big Mike is working!)
- which one
- Cineworld, greenbridge Retail park. 12 screens, cheap on a Tuesday (£3 a film), comfy seats.
UGC, Shaw Ridge Leisure Park, West Swindon. 7 screen, good sound (Dolby tests here), has a bar!!
- Cineworld is best as it has proper ice cream... the Virgin/UCI is crap, no scoop
ice cream? Disgrace.
- Tuesday Night, the Vic shows films on a big screen down the back. OK so they're only vids, but it's free and you can drink and smoke.
- The usual crappy multiplexes as I seem to remember
- Cineworld is nice. When did Virgin change its' name to UCL???
- Cineworld is excellent at the moment. It's new, so no-one ever goes there. Never more than six other people in a screen at any showing. Won't last for long, though....
- What do you want to see? Police Academy XI or last year's Disney? Swindon has them BOTH!! On 8 screens too! You'd think with all this excess capacity they could show something a little bit exciting. But they can't. Oh, and if you don't have a car? Forget it!
- Virgin Cinema at the Shaw Ridge Centre. About 7 screens I think, not bad. Good selection of films.
- Virgin Cinema, West Swindon - but there is a new Cinema opening in november for us bods on the east side - Hoorah!!!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Martin Williams, sophie, meadow, Gary B, shaun francome, Seb, Chris, mike & baz, J, Rich, caz, Paula Daydream, juboy, Smalley, Michael Howard, nobby, Mike Jones, Miss N. Hallinan, derek williams, kate, Robin Hodson, A Bint, Robin Sayer, Elodie Martin, Jeff, Tom, wilf, Geeb, Barry Clarke, beccie, val, dave watts, M Lea, Karsten Evans, sarah, Diana, helen, Jason Baker, swindons finest, Nick Pettefar, Sam Pavone, Matt Sloper, Mike, me, James Savage, craig brooks, tracey, Dug Wolfsohn, gemma, DAVE, henry, Sam, Jo, conrad evans, Andrea Giles, Denise, lezter, Niki, darren, Eyem, Laurence Elliott, ALBERT, chris harrow, andy smith, steve cole, Vikki Howlett, weasel, kayleigh, Liam Corrigan, db, Karl Moores, Steve Shearan, caren, Peter Tattley, larone, sian, Steve Savory, Mike Clapham, Angel, dermot fuller, Peter Cruise, Purple, Roger Mepstead, Sara, Andy Cox, jon smythe, Fungus, Joe Smith, Karl Moore, Michelle Meyers, Derryl George, Alexander Hickson, Nick, Phil, jason, anna, Ffion Aiken, simon moffatt, Vicki, Marcel, marty walsh, Robert, StuPC, david, lee, gareth jones, Jamie Habgood, dan, Frenchy, Spam, "steve foggoa :aka :"foggie, Diego, JXT, matty bane, jimmyhyslop, So-damn Insane, james hyslop, v, Ash, generic, Swindonian, Jason Pinkney, Mark, Berty Bassett, Neeky, JCB, allan caple, Jennifer Miles, Dean Farrelly, andy, Adam, Cristina Newton, shirley, Kevin Whitefoot, Vikki, Ian Riley, tog, Sean, jez watkins, Hannah, Tom Janson, Lucy Smith, Gemma Nicol, Neeky Rabbit, hodge, Mike [Manx]Friend, Nick Maggs, Alexandra, Matt Biggs, Cosmo, Nathan Montague, Tiki, Hels, Jon Ratcliffe
Last updated: 2009-01-01
More stuff about Swindon
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Swindon Knowhere Board