Demolish It Now Building in Swindon, Wiltshire*
Places that need to be levelled
You can tell us more about Swindon.
Demolish It Now Building
- The Library is going going gone! They're building a new one - hurrah! Only taken 30 years!
- county ground
- Most of them - send the Germans over to bomb this town so we can build Swindon again!!!
- Swindon Library (if it really is one?)
- The DMJ, The Link Centre, Oasis, Swindon College - doesn't leave much standing really
- swindon college
- The Casbah
- The Brand New 'Holiday In Express' hotel in the town centre, an ugly grey, featureless souless slab of 3D depression which makes the already stylistically challenged town centre seem even more moribund than ever.
- that old piece of crap near the railway museum, they say its a valuble piece of history but its just a smashed up old house sitting there doing nothing. it would be a great place to have a skatepark aswell.
- flats in park north or all of park north its skuzzy
- Without a doubt, the ASDA Walmart 'SuperCentre' at Haydon Wick. I wouldn't mind if it looked nice, but it looks ugly. The Debenhams building (no offence to the store) and the boarded up office block that's on top of it.
- everything in swindon
- Heath Lambert Group building, above circle 7
- John Murry - Swindon's token "Largish" building
- Hmmm... That'd be Wat Tyler house... The Council HQ...
- the area called curry island opposite the college full of filthy curry house windows that have not seen soap for years. the currys in mind might be good but i would not lick there windows
- Next Door's House!!!!
- not a single building but in agreement with the park south penhill thing
also CHURCHFIELDS school but warning: dont evacuate it first!
- the brunel rooms all they do is say come into our smelly dated establishment ..but its ok cause your young and wont realise its shit we take your money and give you nothing in return exept rotten carpets doorman with 80s attitude crap ,service,crap music and the ploy that there is a decent dj comming to play only to find his grand m,a has forgoten to feed the hamster when she went on hliday and the dj cant come to play causee he has to feed the thing booooooooolcts
- All of the bastards. The best thing for Swindon in the future would be a nuclear bomb!
- The whole town wouldn't go a miss but i suggest that u dismantle the bong shop in the covered market and festival tradings and reassemble them in a better place
- The majority of the town (noticed a few people say that!). If I had to pick one building it'd have to be the library! Or any one of the pubs downtown.
- Most of the new town
- Anything out of the sixties i.e. Debenhams!!!
- Park south...park north, re do it up....
- The crappy sports shop with permanently open doors that replaced mckilroys. It looks like a modern day temple where our lost yoof go to pray.
- oh that machanics building near the train station what a wonderful site!
- Penhill, Walcot, Park North and Park South.
- That pigdog 3 storey monstrosity on the roundabout at the top of Victoria Hill with the 70s mirrored windows. Brings a little bit of Milton Keynes to Old Town.
- Destiny and Desire
- The Link Centre. It really catches the mood of Swindon.
- Desperate and Divorced!Who needs a reason!?
- Eros Nightclub
- park south, walcot, penhill, liden,
- Mission night club (as long as the DJs and management are still in it)
- The library - when are we going to get a new one?
- Most of the town centre would not be mist
- The DMJ (You can't miss it!)
- The library has to go. A prefabricated return to the 1960's.
- The Link.
- The bus station cafe, sorry, the Octagon
- The entire town centre. Terribly planned, executed without a single iota of imagination.
- Swindon College
- The Link Centre. I mean, really, if you can't build something better than a big grey box with cantilevers sticking out all over the place then don't build anything at all.
- Oasis (falling apart anyway) Link Centre (ditto)
- Designer outlet village... too posh for the likes of us, guv !
- The Murray John Tower
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Martin Williams, sophie, meadow, Gary B, shaun francome, Seb, Chris, mike & baz, J, Rich, caz, Paula Daydream, juboy, Smalley, Michael Howard, nobby, Mike Jones, Miss N. Hallinan, derek williams, kate, Robin Hodson, A Bint, Robin Sayer, Elodie Martin, Jeff, Tom, wilf, Geeb, Barry Clarke, beccie, val, dave watts, M Lea, Karsten Evans, sarah, Diana, helen, Jason Baker, swindons finest, Nick Pettefar, Sam Pavone, Matt Sloper, Mike, me, James Savage, craig brooks, tracey, Dug Wolfsohn, gemma, DAVE, henry, Sam, Jo, conrad evans, Andrea Giles, Denise, lezter, Niki, darren, Eyem, Laurence Elliott, ALBERT, chris harrow, andy smith, steve cole, Vikki Howlett, weasel, kayleigh, Liam Corrigan, db, Karl Moores, Steve Shearan, caren, Peter Tattley, larone, sian, Steve Savory, Mike Clapham, Angel, dermot fuller, Peter Cruise, Purple, Roger Mepstead, Sara, Andy Cox, jon smythe, Fungus, Joe Smith, Karl Moore, Michelle Meyers, Derryl George, Alexander Hickson, Nick, Phil, jason, anna, Ffion Aiken, simon moffatt, Vicki, Marcel, marty walsh, Robert, StuPC, david, lee, gareth jones, Jamie Habgood, dan, Frenchy, Spam, "steve foggoa :aka :"foggie, Diego, JXT, matty bane, jimmyhyslop, So-damn Insane, james hyslop, v, Ash, generic, Swindonian, Jason Pinkney, Mark, Berty Bassett, Neeky, JCB, allan caple, Jennifer Miles, Dean Farrelly, andy, Adam, Cristina Newton, shirley, Kevin Whitefoot, Vikki, Ian Riley, tog, Sean, jez watkins, Hannah, Tom Janson, Lucy Smith, Gemma Nicol, Neeky Rabbit, hodge, Mike [Manx]Friend, Nick Maggs, Alexandra, Matt Biggs, Cosmo, Nathan Montague, Tiki, Hels, Jon Ratcliffe
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Swindon
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Swindon Knowhere Board