Favourite Building in Swindon, Wiltshire*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Swindon.
- The old town hall, now a dance school of all things... Are there that many dancers in Swindon? Apparently.
- that big block of flats in the centre of the brunel centre. resist the urge to frow yourself off the top
- Struggling here...
- Swindon college at regents circus - A classic - don't pull it down and then regret it!
- three doors up from Christchurch there is a cool mock tudor house all boarded up. Look up and check out the dragon sat on the top of the roof.
wood street, look up at the first floor of the bulidings all along there.
- my favourite building has to be wyverns multi story carpark coz its such a good place to skate when its wet and hardly any cars go in it aswel just the odd few.
- Zurich Tri-Center
- Renault Building, DMJ Tower, Cellular Centre at Peatmoor. Mechanic Institute. Outlet Village works buildings ( this is how much better the Mechanics could be if we fixed it!!) The little terraced house that's on it's own opposite Plaza 21 and next to the council building! Windmill in the middle of Windmill Hill Biz Park. Motorola building. Town Hall. The House at the end of Fleming Way with the Canal painting on it.
- Mechanics institute, don't rebuild it!!!! MY photography project WILL suffer
- The best erection I've seen in Swindon was Billy's - My friend's cat.
- sorry already has been demolished along with every thing of architectial importance
- moredon hubba hideout
- There all crap!!
- Mechanics Institute. A damn shame the council have let it rot for over 20 years. Lydiard House is quite nice too.
- Mission Nightclub
- Eros,friday nights
- The David-Murray-John Building in town - lots of brushed steel, looks a bit bladerunner.
- john murray!!
my mate used to live there its lovely great view and no i didnt spit on peoples heads as they walked by!
- The Link Centre. It really catches the mood of Swindon.
- Mission baby!
- Motorola Groundwell...Aaaa Mister Bond
- Christ chuch, lawns church, old raliway museum
- Strangley enough(if you hadn't already guessed) THE VICTORIA, 88 VICTORIA ROAD!!
- The Mechanics
- Longs Bar
- The Renault Building. Its really quite crap but theres so little competition
The Chinese Experience
THe old railway village is reasonably becoming
- Apparently Oasis are named after the Oasis - if you see what I mean!
- The Oasis Leisure Center - The orignal Millennium dome.
- The Mechanics Insitute (Please save it!)
- Mechanics Institute in the Railway Village
- The Plough, Wanborough
- The mechanics institute. Shame it's falling down.
- Renault Buiding
- The Oasis - it looks like a moon base or something!
- The Bear.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Martin Williams, sophie, meadow, Gary B, shaun francome, Seb, Chris, mike & baz, J, Rich, caz, Paula Daydream, juboy, Smalley, Michael Howard, nobby, Mike Jones, Miss N. Hallinan, derek williams, kate, Robin Hodson, A Bint, Robin Sayer, Elodie Martin, Jeff, Tom, wilf, Geeb, Barry Clarke, beccie, val, dave watts, M Lea, Karsten Evans, sarah, Diana, helen, Jason Baker, swindons finest, Nick Pettefar, Sam Pavone, Matt Sloper, Mike, me, James Savage, craig brooks, tracey, Dug Wolfsohn, gemma, DAVE, henry, Sam, Jo, conrad evans, Andrea Giles, Denise, lezter, Niki, darren, Eyem, Laurence Elliott, ALBERT, chris harrow, andy smith, steve cole, Vikki Howlett, weasel, kayleigh, Liam Corrigan, db, Karl Moores, Steve Shearan, caren, Peter Tattley, larone, sian, Steve Savory, Mike Clapham, Angel, dermot fuller, Peter Cruise, Purple, Roger Mepstead, Sara, Andy Cox, jon smythe, Fungus, Joe Smith, Karl Moore, Michelle Meyers, Derryl George, Alexander Hickson, Nick, Phil, jason, anna, Ffion Aiken, simon moffatt, Vicki, Marcel, marty walsh, Robert, StuPC, david, lee, gareth jones, Jamie Habgood, dan, Frenchy, Spam, "steve foggoa :aka :"foggie, Diego, JXT, matty bane, jimmyhyslop, So-damn Insane, james hyslop, v, Ash, generic, Swindonian, Jason Pinkney, Mark, Berty Bassett, Neeky, JCB, allan caple, Jennifer Miles, Dean Farrelly, andy, Adam, Cristina Newton, shirley, Kevin Whitefoot, Vikki, Ian Riley, tog, Sean, jez watkins, Hannah, Tom Janson, Lucy Smith, Gemma Nicol, Neeky Rabbit, hodge, Mike [Manx]Friend, Nick Maggs, Alexandra, Matt Biggs, Cosmo, Nathan Montague, Tiki, Hels, Jon Ratcliffe
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Swindon
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Swindon Knowhere Board