Skateboarding Spots in Swindon, Wiltshire*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about Swindon.
- By the Wyvern Theatre
- Matalan carpark at Greenbridge is pretty cool, there's some nice curbs and a little drop-off into the road. PS hurry up and build the Buckhurst field skate park! oasis is ok but its not enough.
- Greenmadow stores is sweet theres two tech tree sets and plenty of space for some flatland just try not to annoy those in the shield and dagger. p.s wanna chat about skating with other like minded ppl? got mygeneration.proboards15.com theres not many members yet but once there are it will be great
- octagon , house of fraiser (behind).
- wyvern carpark level 1 is always a good skate with the banks n shit and anywhere else decent in town im sure u can think of. havnt found any secret spots myself yet. theres too many gromits these days poisoning our spots, y dont they just go and skate in their own street like we did back in the day?
- In the middle of the Allied Dunbar/Zurich TriCentres, next to the Octogan. Even though they've put up all those metal bars to try and stop it.
- NONE, unless you count curbs and really rough roads SORT IT OUT!!!!
- The old railway museum has been converted to a skate park
- In Swindon, you skate everywhere.
- troax factory in dorcan industrial estate. wyvern 10 which more than 6 people have done 6 people have done it who i sk8 wiv regulary including myself. roof gap in savernake street near the grafitti wall, back of primark, back of house of fraser
- middle of town center
- Not the best but a way to get your voice heard with Cllr's. SK8 project at Link Centre coach park. Ramps built by young people, managed by youth workers.
If you tried it last year+ it's not what you want come & fill in our proforma which will go with a petition to Cllr's in the Autumn. Some Cllr's asking for this info and links to SKATERS to find out what is needed !! yeh i know, here we go again, but hey you'v been trying for how long so one more go won't hurt ?
Difficulty is locating ALL skaters in the area ! Check out Market Street on 18th AUG, pro skaters in town.Come join in let the town see the amount of interest in this sport. And get your views to the SK8 project at the Link.
If you wanna SK8 as well, great but consent form needed (available from 465413) and helmet to be worn. Sorry it's how it has to be at the moment !
- the best spot for skating in swindon is the town centre! build bars and blocks and skate them in town! it's makes people aware of the scene, and shows the counsil that they can skate-proof what they like. but we aint going nowhere!
- Lechlade skate park
- No idea I'm afraid. Though the kids used to hang out by the Wyvern Theatre.
- The oasis bowls don't exist anymore. They were trashed years ago and know are just bare concrete. The ramp was torn down even longer ago.
- believe me compared to Uffington this place is great 4 skatin!!
- If the scene is anywhere, it's on top of Debenhams carpark. Huge, smooth flatland so lots of space to build up speed. Most of the regulars have made their own objects to play on, fun-boxes, jump ramps, not to mention supersmooth 1' high rails 'borrowed' from a nearby carpark! It's seen the likes of a few big-name Bristol types; Wainwright, Trotman plus Swindon boy Paul Carter. Check it out.
- new skate-board park under construction next to W h Smith's HQ at Greenbridge
- Wyvern Theatre: two steps plus dodgy set of four and huge set of ten which are the big challenge in Swindon (only 6 people have ever done them) Also walls ranging from one to three feet high. Also slidy step and huge flat area which is smooth.
- The Banks (down the road from Wyvern): 3' high transitioned banks go to vert. Normal banks opposite. Very slidy concrete bench rad for noseslides.
- Tescos: typical supermarket car park. Huge area of smooth flat ground. V slidy curbs, also manual roll islands.
- At Link Centre out in the west of Swindon: everything in a very compact space. Sets of any number of steps. Slidy curbs and walls, handrails, gaps manual roll islands. Rad place.
- Beaver Houses (near Mina road): set of 3 steps followed by big set of 7 then two more sets of 3. Also dodgy 5. Behind this is a 1' wall to about a 5' drop.
- Oasis Leisure Centre: Three mini-bowls and a mini ramp from Zebra. Bit of a dissapointment: bowls are too mellow and cannot be worked very well individualy, let alone as a group. Ramp now falling apart. Bowls trashed. Not worth skating.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Martin Williams, sophie, meadow, Gary B, shaun francome, Seb, Chris, mike & baz, J, Rich, caz, Paula Daydream, juboy, Smalley, Michael Howard, nobby, Mike Jones, Miss N. Hallinan, derek williams, kate, Robin Hodson, A Bint, Robin Sayer, Elodie Martin, Jeff, Tom, wilf, Geeb, Barry Clarke, beccie, val, dave watts, M Lea, Karsten Evans, sarah, Diana, helen, Jason Baker, swindons finest, Nick Pettefar, Sam Pavone, Matt Sloper, Mike, me, James Savage, craig brooks, tracey, Dug Wolfsohn, gemma, DAVE, henry, Sam, Jo, conrad evans, Andrea Giles, Denise, lezter, Niki, darren, Eyem, Laurence Elliott, ALBERT, chris harrow, andy smith, steve cole, Vikki Howlett, weasel, kayleigh, Liam Corrigan, db, Karl Moores, Steve Shearan, caren, Peter Tattley, larone, sian, Steve Savory, Mike Clapham, Angel, dermot fuller, Peter Cruise, Purple, Roger Mepstead, Sara, Andy Cox, jon smythe, Fungus, Joe Smith, Karl Moore, Michelle Meyers, Derryl George, Alexander Hickson, Nick, Phil, jason, anna, Ffion Aiken, simon moffatt, Vicki, Marcel, marty walsh, Robert, StuPC, david, lee, gareth jones, Jamie Habgood, dan, Frenchy, Spam, "steve foggoa :aka :"foggie, Diego, JXT, matty bane, jimmyhyslop, So-damn Insane, james hyslop, v, Ash, generic, Swindonian, Jason Pinkney, Mark, Berty Bassett, Neeky, JCB, allan caple, Jennifer Miles, Dean Farrelly, andy, Adam, Cristina Newton, shirley, Kevin Whitefoot, Vikki, Ian Riley, tog, Sean, jez watkins, Hannah, Tom Janson, Lucy Smith, Gemma Nicol, Neeky Rabbit, hodge, Mike [Manx]Friend, Nick Maggs, Alexandra, Matt Biggs, Cosmo, Nathan Montague, Tiki, Hels, Jon Ratcliffe
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Swindon
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Swindon Knowhere Board