Cheap Food in Taunton, Somerset*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Taunton.
- the pen and quill next to the police station has live music on a wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday night and a sunday lunch time. it's a great spot to visit. and the drinks are not to pricey either. they also have an extensive home cooked menu. so all your entertainment needs are met in one place.
- bridge charcoal grill i think is the best in town now they have very nice unusual taste garlic and chilli sauce
- i love to have a kebab in bridge charcoal grill best kebab shop in taunton
- bets food shop in taunton bridge charcoal grill
- bridge charcoal grill when funcy for kebab you can com to us or we can delivery to you just ring 35 35 55 or 252527
- Tuckers Cafe provides an elequent mix of gourmet takeaway food that substantially satifies your appettite! Thier garlic sauce is the business! If you have just had a chilled night in and feel a bit peckish then give them a bell and they'll sort you out! SWEET DEALS!
- good takeaway, realy nice food. Sizzlin cuisine burger van nr taunton audi....good prices and a 4 star food rating....well recomended
- Roots - Bath place, Deli grub at reasonable prices!
- Pound land is the best for sweets!
- Loafers in Bath Place
- the perkin warbeck (east street) or coal orchard (bridge street)
- Best burger van in Taunton.....Priory way industrial estate, by the Audi Garage,
Exellent Grub, very clean, good banter, good prices, very popular with local truckers......get yerself down there, well recomended..........
- Gregs, mmm...
- Istanbul Grill and Kebab House, best food in Taunton, including all the millions of other takeaway places.
- Harpoon Looeys
- "THE OLIVE TREE" Down by the Bridge (Bridge Street) opposite Debenhams Great Coffee Brilliant Fresh Baguesttes,Cheeses etc. Organic Food & Drink - Well worth a visit
- macdonalds kfc burger king
- Try the OLIVE TREE DELICATESSEN & LICENSED COFFEE SHOP on THE BRIDGE nr debenhams,
Great Baguettes to eat in or take out all baked fresh &super Cheeses Olives Oils etc from the Deli
Tel 01823 353707 if you need directions
- three letters - T.F.C.!!!
- KFC, and Macdonalds are best really, But I think the stalls who sell hotdogs are da best and the Doughnut bloke is cool.
- just the usual.(mc dos a shit)
- The best restaurant in Taunton isFranco's the Itallian restaurant. The food is brilliant. You can also hear Franco swearing every two minutes and then him and his wife Sue having an argument because she is interfearing in the kitchen. Overall it's the best place to have a decent meal in Taunton at reasonable prices!
- The Sanctuary - not sure if it's a wine bar or a restaurant .. but I like it! Cosy, friendly, relaxed .. great drinks & best food in Taunton. Website has menu - www.sanctuarywinebar.co.uk
- "Door Steps" in Station Road, Taunton. Open Mornings and Lunch Times. Great food at very good prices. Try it, its great! Character Graphics in Station Road, Taunton. Use this eatery every day. Mark thinks it wonderful. Steve thinks it fab. John thinks he should go on a diet, but the food here is wonderful!
- The Sanctuary Wine Bar & Restaurant - at last, somewhere in Taunton where you'll get treated like a human being, not a number on a corporate balance sheet! Great food, too.
- Francos - their Fillet Steak Rusticano is the best thing in the universe
- Tramonties is great for Italian, if you can cope with the other diners sucking up to the owner for some reason.
- This place needs a reasonably priced pizza place in the centre of town, one where you can eat in.
- kfc kicks ass go eat it and then if your still hungary after that then go next door to maccy d's and eat some more!!
- The best restaurant by far in Taunton is Harpoon Louie's. Specialises in fish and seafood but does lovely steaks, and other stuff too. Really relaxed, but great food without the up-your-own-arse about it attitude.
- You can eat anything from the middle ages
- Perkin Warbeck, great food, or Tramonties for Itallian
- Raw meat, grass and river water. Want more? Go elsewhere.
- Bishop's Tower Restaurant,Tower Lane,is fantastic,friendly,and a warm welcome on a Winter's night
- Maccie D's is decent take away or eat in and right now has a great offer especially for the January sales...
- If your after Posh Nosh the Sanctuary is very good and cosy and generally lovely. Of course for the ultimate expense the Castle or now Braz its offshoot (Taunton is getting very trendy and high up in the world!).
- The 99 will always be my favorite.
- If you like meat, there's a butchers in Bath Place selling only organic and some lesser known breeds of pork. A few doors up there's an excellent fish shop. The local Market Hall is good, on a Saturday morning, for locally produced fruit, veg, flowers and dairy produce - get there early.
- There are two new cafes/brasseries in town... 'BRAZZ'opened this week,behind the Castle Hotel. A bar and restaurant, with good food cooked in Phil Vickery,s kitchen-good value. 'EXPRESSO' a good coffee bar (not linked to the chains)-the best coffee in town. Smoking and non smoking sections
- Tynte arms out at Enmore-magic for food and also devoted to real beers
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Michael Ewing, arachni_name), simon, Penfold =8-), Sarah Jenkins, Pip Davey, Paul Davis, Roger Ian Helmsley, Dave Qipps, heidi, Chris, Rosebayrosie, Robin, Dan, Lusy, ........me, Nikki, Steve Asbury, Jethrotull, Chris Briggs, Bert Stanley, Dan Harris, misterio, John Russell-Turner, Leandra, Liam Crossly-Baxter III, alyson, Paul Ensor, elfish, Dan Jones, Julia Morton, Dave, becci, Sam Allen, Lilj, Dick Advacart, Koops, arachni_name, The Informer, Laura, steve, Martin Shelton, Cam, Paul, Chaz, Neil, Andy Blake, Liz, steven, amie, nathan, Graham, Amy, Robert, Neil White, Crystal, Mart, vic and bec, Mike Davis, Harry, Britney, martin driver, Tony, John Cowley, dean close, Martin, daver, Terry Cotton, Jules Bushell, Jaine, clarissa, Martin Wright, Sarah Taylor, kay, Ellie, Johnny Davis, matt, Mike, Josh J, The Spiv, Tim Driver, Bobby C., troy, vic, woodles, fi, M Ewing, generic, Jimbo, Mike Bailey, dachel collections, Philip Kirkpatrick, seanyg, dustyn, colin.b, arachni_name"'`--, Clarie Keer, Bonjy McFeller, Ian Hutterifge, Inbred I, john green, andy, Rachel, mike ball, Kate, Robert Norris, ben, Simeon, Nickalos, Jason, dominic, shamrock, walpole, Harry JP, pinky, Harry Prideaux, M Gibson, Robert Varnam, Bill Bennett, Ad, karl, Pip Youngman
Last updated: 2011-05-14
More stuff about Taunton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Taunton Knowhere Board