Cinemas in Taunton, Somerset*
Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Taunton.
- The cinema is on the outskirts of town and a pain to get to if you don't have a car, but it is huge and modern. It's quite expensive, but one of the better cinemas I've been to.
- odeon on hankridge farm outta town shopping place
- just the odeon, thats all really (and its way out of town.) if ur into something a little more subversive like myself i suggest u buy the DVD (or...if being retro....video) when it comes out and watch it at home...! only various hollywood blockbusters available @the odeon...grr...
- Odeon, quite good. No arthouse cinema though
- Odeon - out of town though.
- HAnkridge is cool to go with mates, you ca bwl pretty cheply and then watch a movie and eat some cooked cow at Maccy d's
- odeon, nothing special
- Hi, I work at the Odeon. Just had the screens refurbished and are hoping to add another 3 screens soon - just need to get planning permission. They're NOT opening one in town now.
- Hollywood parc is fair big.
- If you want something different and old style try the cinema in Wellington, it has art deco features with those new extremely comfortable seats, refreshments don't cost the earth either.
- Only one cinema and it's too small, lets have a warners village between the blackbrook buisness park and the sports pavillion, this area is ideal for a new BIG cinema.
- We plan to expand to 8 screens soon, as soon as the damn council give us planning permission! (Odeon employee)
- Well the Odeon Cinema is good if you fancy a 3/4 hour hike from the centre (no bus's serve it). Well worth the visit if you drive though (and many people do, because the bus's are shite in Taunton).
- The odeon is shite. Don't go there i prefer the old plaza why are we all being americanised?
- The cinema is ok if you've got a car and can get there.
- Odeon out-of-town, with a hollywood bowl, macdonalds drive-thru and that's about it.
- In the thrid biggest field, locals have set up a small puppet theatre which re-enacts famous historical events. This is a great step into the future for Taunton as until 1999 they still entertained themselves reading tapesties. The one about the Norman Invasion being particularly thrilling.
- Our Cinema is too small, best to travel to Bristol to the Warners brother, cinema is a waste of time in Taunton because people just talk through the films and use their mobiles.
- Theres The Odeon, its a wee while out of town if your on Foot, but um, about 20minutes from town if you go down towards the A38 then hit hamilton road and go that way....
Rumour has it that there is a circle path all the way.....
Chance is you'll end up in Priorswood or somewhere though
- If you like the whole artificial atmosphere of new out of town developments, then visit that big place with the bowling alley, macDonalds and "Wet Cinema", which shows dirge-like films. Shame the screen is no bigger than a dog (a small one at that)
- Hankridge farm
- The Odeon is bangin' on a Sunday morning, especially since there are special offers for children.
- The Odeon is a good enough cinema for Taunton. It is reasonably priced and there is a McDonalds right next door. TIP...Try to sneak in your own food and avoid the expense of drinks in there !!!
- Odeon shows standard mainstream films, and is only worth the trip because
it's so comfortable inside.
- Till recently, Taunton was the only County town in Britain without a cinema! This changed recently with a large out of town devlopment. There is a small multiplex cinema, drive in Pizza-Hut and ten pin bowling alley... again, some sort of transport is cool.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Michael Ewing, arachni_name), simon, Penfold =8-), Sarah Jenkins, Pip Davey, Gail Richardson-Reid, Paul Davis, Roger Ian Helmsley, Dave Qipps, heidi, Chris, Rosebayrosie, Robin, Dan, Lusy, ........me, Nikki, Steve Asbury, Jethrotull, Chris Briggs, Bert Stanley, Dan Harris, misterio, John Russell-Turner, Leandra, Liam Crossly-Baxter III, alyson, Paul Ensor, elfish, Dan Jones, Julia Morton, Dave, becci, Sam Allen, Lilj, Dick Advacart, Koops, arachni_name, The Informer, Laura, steve, Martin Shelton, Cam, Paul, Chaz, Neil, Andy Blake, Liz, steven, amie, nathan, Graham, Amy, Robert, Neil White, Crystal, Mart, vic and bec, Mike Davis, Harry, Britney, martin driver, Tony, John Cowley, dean close, Martin, daver, Terry Cotton, Katrina Clarke, Jules Bushell, Jaine, clarissa, Martin Wright, Sarah Taylor, kay, Ellie, Johnny Davis, matt, Mike, Josh J, The Spiv, Tim Driver, Bobby C., troy, vic, woodles, fi, M Ewing, generic, Jimbo, Mike Bailey, dachel collections, Philip Kirkpatrick, seanyg, dustyn, colin.b, arachni_name"'`--, Clarie Keer, Bonjy McFeller, Ian Hutterifge, Inbred I, john green, andy, Rachel, mike ball, Kate, Robert Norris, ben, Simeon, Nickalos, Jason, dominic, shamrock, walpole, Harry JP, pinky, Harry Prideaux, M Gibson, Robert Varnam, Bill Bennett, Ad, karl, Pip Youngman
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Taunton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Taunton Knowhere Board