Favourite Building in Taunton, Somerset*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Taunton.
- Chambers Wine Bar, even if it has gone all posh. Harpoon Loui's if only for the steak
- cant think of the name of it and its always being sold ... on corporation street opposite mecca
- probably where the market house pub is, in the town centre. its really old compared to all the modern guff around it.....or what used to be the tudor tavern (is now caffe nero...)
- Derelict Railway Depot begining of Taunton Bridgewater Canal. Hands off I want it.
- my home
- The Mecca. Classic city style cinema - used to be an Odeon/Gaumont. Too good for bingo, though.
- Old Fire Station
- Tudor Tavern and Vivary Park Gates
- Bus station, fantastic work of art but wasted, should be an american diner.
- The Castle Museum is probably the building with the most character and heritage. The only other notable buildings that come to mind are the churches.
- The bus station, you can't see taunton school from there (yipee)
- Rooster Records on East Street is wicked. It's funky, bright and welcoming with its colourful psychedelic interior - it's like stepping back into the sixties. Cool man! Great place to chill out in, soak up the vibes, and is always warm and friendly. Check it out.
- The Train Station (The fastest way out (unless your with virgin) of town)
- OLD YMCA IN Middle street, no one notices it is there, but it's class, a YMCA that looks like a church, but is now offices.
- Edam Gorge. A gorge made of cheese. A rival for the nearby Cheddar Gorge, but nowhere near as good. And thats saying something.
- The Old Library cos they sell nice food now:-)
- Castle hotel, and the tudor pub.
- THe toilets next to the Castle Hotel which are worth every penny spent there.
- Tudor Tavern pub, the oldest building in the town centre and it's kept to its original structure and design all these years.
- the one in the middle, where aparently, dancing lessons go on! but its better for sitting on, and sheltering from the rain!
- Tudor Tavern
- Taunton's a nice place, but the buildings are pretty dull.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Michael Ewing, arachni_name), simon, Penfold =8-), Sarah Jenkins, Pip Davey, Paul Davis, Roger Ian Helmsley, Dave Qipps, heidi, Chris, Rosebayrosie, Robin, Dan, Lusy, ........me, Nikki, Steve Asbury, Jethrotull, Chris Briggs, Bert Stanley, Dan Harris, misterio, John Russell-Turner, Leandra, Liam Crossly-Baxter III, alyson, Paul Ensor, elfish, Dan Jones, Julia Morton, Dave, becci, Sam Allen, Lilj, Dick Advacart, Koops, arachni_name, The Informer, Laura, steve, Martin Shelton, Cam, Paul, Chaz, Neil, Andy Blake, Liz, steven, amie, nathan, Graham, Amy, Robert, Neil White, Crystal, Mart, vic and bec, Mike Davis, Harry, Britney, martin driver, Tony, John Cowley, dean close, Martin, daver, Terry Cotton, Jules Bushell, Jaine, clarissa, Martin Wright, Sarah Taylor, kay, Ellie, Johnny Davis, matt, Mike, Josh J, The Spiv, Tim Driver, Bobby C., troy, vic, woodles, fi, M Ewing, generic, Jimbo, Mike Bailey, dachel collections, Philip Kirkpatrick, seanyg, dustyn, colin.b, arachni_name"'`--, Clarie Keer, Bonjy McFeller, Ian Hutterifge, Inbred I, john green, andy, Rachel, mike ball, Kate, Robert Norris, ben, Simeon, Nickalos, Jason, dominic, shamrock, walpole, Harry JP, pinky, Harry Prideaux, M Gibson, Robert Varnam, Bill Bennett, Ad, karl, Pip Youngman
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Taunton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Taunton Knowhere Board