The Worst Things in Taunton, Somerset*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Taunton.
The Worst Things
- No fancy tricks, no tomfoolery, no smoke and mirrors. You know who you are, you know who i am. I will ambush you when you least expect it, bang bang! Shona Kent RIP
- I think the place sucks big time right now! Bloody boring place.
- Not being able to find all these hookers that keep getting mentioned
- futtin chavs innum...
- Small businesses rarely survive in Taunton cause it's too expensive here. This is why many are locating to Yeovil & Bridgy instead ;-)
- The lack of appreciation for anything fresh or exciting...
- Youth/alternative culture is rarely welcome unless there's money involved...
- Old People...
- The people who run Taunton just want to market it towards families & retired couples as this is where the money is.
Screw the rest of us, as far as they are concerned we might as well just all move to another town or city & let Taunton develop into a giant retirement home!
- Chavs. Typical sick provincial town chav violence at night. Binge drinking chavs who go clubbing then want to beat any stranger unconcious and glass their face open not for material gain but for sick deranged fun.
- The chavs are everywhere
- Chavs and Londoners. They're everywhere and we're not allowed to kill them. All the best pubs have been converted to Chav joints or closed.
Also nobody can drive: indicators and lane changes are unknown concepts as is parking safely and speed limit. Drive at your peril.
- chavs. just chavs.
- its sad to see "so many pups and clubs" which is intising young people to drink more in a small town with somany people init its creating a war zone for fighting
and violence can you blame most of them what else is there to do!!!NOTHING! SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE i know this because iv been there! belive its safer being in the naval& miltary east reach than walking around at nite. by Colin.B
- the fact you know everyone can also work as a disadvantage sometimes (eg if u do something/someone whilst drunk everyone knows...!) also, amongst the lovelies there seem to be quite a few, shall we say, strange folk per square mile...
- The people can be incredibly Cliquey & quite snobbish.
- The coucil are very short sited, and always do everything for the old folk
without hesitation, whilst anything new or radical that will boost Tauntons
image as a youthful & in-tune town will be viewed apon with much dought &
negativaty. If you want a cracking example read the weekly gazette.
- Its cool if you have mates in Taunton, but otherwise it
can be a real C**t to make freinds if you are an outsider.
The town is incredibly clicky & everyone is in there own
little Tribe. It is also quite pompus stuck-up.
- The toffs who lord it over us ere commoners. And quibble over the price.
- Costa Coffie shop on the high street they kick you out the moment you finish you coffie and moan at you when you there and the coffie and every thing els is cold.
- costers coffie shop the coffies cold and they kick young people out the moment uv finished! dont go there
- I agree that there should be some night clubs for the younger lot but there should be a lot more for the teens too, not just the tots because the older ones get the pubs and night clubs, the tots get the lil play areas but the only thing there is for teens is a whole load of grass to sit on. So vertually there is absolutely nothing for teens. More For Teens, Less For The Rest.
- ugly gals
- RICHARD HUISH COLLEGE - SO MANY WIERDOS
- All the lary Townies dressed up in their bright sporting uniforms, starting fights and generaly acting knobish!!
- Bridgwater scum invading our town
- the clubs, near brigwater, and not that much better.
- All these bleeding foreigners i.e. Londoners who can't hack it
- There's only about 4 places to go out, and even the good ones get slightly boring after a while. Plus, the total lack of taxis at 1am. Damn them.
- the fact that all the sad wankers think that they're cutting edge cool & hard, unfortunately they're all sad deluded no-marks who think Taunton is the big city.......its not......its a poxy sleepy boring middle class public school riddled hole where nothing ever happens except a few little boys fighting over an ugly bird after drinking 3 bottles of mule..........sad sad sad bastards the lot of them.
- Too many takeaway restaurants in Station Road
- The attitude of the people who would rather you got ran over by a car than give up a small section of pavement. Hanging baskets too many of them, litter bins, lack of them.
- The negative aspects of this site were featured in a local newspaper. It seems that Taunton is not only a crap place, but the majority of the locals refuse to accept the truth. That kind of sums up this small-minded town of country folk.
- Seeing Taunton School
- all the kevs driving there cars through town on a saturday windows down playing some reallly commercial dance music!!
- I was born in Taunton. I did 8 years in the army and I would feel more comfortable walking down a Bosnian high street at night than ours. It's like walking into a wild west saloon when you walk into a pub here. The town is full of dullards and people who think they support Man. Utd. I can't wait to get out of the place, and when I've finished college I will.
- sorry, i want to spend the next 50 years AWAY from my computer screen
- Flowers, Hanging baskets, and the general attitude of every man for himself.
- Bridgewater and Wellington are close by - as is Minehead!
- There are big cement things called roads which allow outsiders to come here. No one ever leaves though. . .
- Locals who blame every single fight in the town centre on "those fucking Marines"..come on..... ,my hubby's best friend was a Royal,he was such a nice chap,they aren't ALL bad! (just the few twats that give them all a bad name!)
- OLd folk and beer boys. a very ben sherman, Calvi Kline, kickers, river Island orientated place that you can find refuge from if you listen to me.com
- The poncey little villages scattered aroung the outsides which brings all the snobs out every weekend. Surprisingly, many of the young folk soon turn into skaters.
- Quite a few nutters who like a fight on a Saturday night.
- Boring for young people, Taunton is a very old fashioned conservative town which is very much still set in its ways. This attitude is complimented by the lack of things to do in the town. For example, no music venue and if you are walking around after 2am the police will stop you and ask questions....i repeat this is a safe place...the cops must die of boredom too !!!
there's nothing to do etc
- The level crossing near Bishops Hull is enough to drive anybody insane.
The gates are always down, sometimes causing huge tailbacks. They never
built a bridge because they thought the railway would close down. Well
it hasn't, and now we all have to suffer for it.
- One of the worst thing's next to seeing every police officer in town running red lights,is all of the hookers in town in the summer.I mean c`mon now,is'nt there anything we can do about this?
- Taunton is quite insular. People tend to come and not leave. This means that some local people have quite a limited view of the universe. I heard somewhere that it was in the top ten nicest places to live in Britain...
- All the drop outs in town, Taunton is beginning to get a reputation for the homeless and travellers littering the streets. I've never seen so many in one area - Get a job!
- Perkin Warbeck, Millers, rich, stuck-up members of certain public schools.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Michael Ewing, simon, Penfold =8-), Sarah Jenkins, Pip Davey, Paul Davis, Roger Ian Helmsley, Dave Qipps, heidi, Chris, Rosebayrosie, Robin, Dan, Lusy, ........me, Nikki, Steve Asbury, Jethrotull, Chris Briggs, Bert Stanley, Dan Harris, misterio, John Russell-Turner, Leandra, Liam Crossly-Baxter III, alyson, Paul Ensor, elfish, Dan Jones, Julia Morton, Dave, becci, Sam Allen, Lilj, Dick Advacart, Koops, The Informer, Laura, steve, Martin Shelton, Cam, Paul, Chaz, Neil, Andy Blake, Liz, steven, amie, nathan, Graham, Amy, Robert, Neil White, Crystal, Mart, vic and bec, Mike Davis, Harry, Britney, martin driver, Tony, John Cowley, dean close, Martin, daver, Terry Cotton, Jules Bushell, Jaine, clarissa, Martin Wright, Sarah Taylor, kay, Ellie, Johnny Davis, matt, Mike, Josh J, The Spiv, Tim Driver, Bobby C., troy, vic, woodles, fi, M Ewing, generic, Jimbo, Mike Bailey, dachel collections, Philip Kirkpatrick, seanyg, dustyn, colin.b, Clarie Keer, Bonjy McFeller, Ian Hutterifge, Inbred I, john green, andy, Rachel, mike ball, Kate, Robert Norris, ben, Simeon, Nickalos, Jason, dominic, shamrock, walpole, Harry JP, pinky, Harry Prideaux, M Gibson, Robert Varnam, Bill Bennett, Ad, karl, Pip Youngman
Last updated: 2017-04-26
More stuff about Taunton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Taunton Knowhere Board