Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Tavistock, Devon*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Tavistock.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- W H SMITH started in Tavistock
- Angela Rippon don't live here any more but David Bailey ain't too far away
- Peter Quaife from the Kinks was born in Tavistock, rumor has it they played their first gig in the Panier Market.
Some members of Hawkwind once seemed to live somewhere in the area...
The Bricks, Amebix a couple of ace punk bands!
The band Cutting Grass, where did they all go.
- Only Sir Francis Drake, we have once seen Jennifer Saunders shopping in town - presumbly to see Dawn French.
Hugh Grant was once spotted nearby also - in St Mellion Golf Club,
- Kate Allenby, she won a bronze medal in the 2000 olympics for the pentathlon, lived here and went to school at the same school as me (St Josephs) just over the border in Launceston. I have her autograph and I held her medal!
- Andrew Hicks (of Snooker fame) is from Tavistock.
- Steve wilso of CBBC lived gere and went to tavistock college
- What about the infamous Lillycrap family? Surely they deserve a mention in your guide to the most backward village in GB.
- steve wilson is from here if u have any clue who he is!
- Sir Francis Drake
The Duke of Bedford
William Browne, poet
- Andy hicks (snooker player).Not a very good one at that!!!
- Sir Francis Drake. He's been dead awhile, mind.
- Famous people live somewhere famous!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jerry W., brad, Anna Kelly, dave holloway, lily b, Lucy, A.F.K. Witt, Ryan Brett, Simon Holt, Revd Roger Cornish, J Milne, Emma Davies, HAN, Ed Dudden, generic, alex jones, luke costella, m.hawkins, Dominic Asater, Jon Hosking, NICK, Gina, Anna Kelly (again), j jones, Devon Social Group, michelle stephenson, J F Stackhouse, Karen, Nik Bartlett, Helen Parker, John Raper, steve baguley, A.F.K Witt, P D APPLETON, chris, Peter Thompson
Last updated: 2008-05-09
More stuff about Tavistock
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Tavistock Knowhere Board