The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Thamesmead.
- There is only one pub in Thamesmead and that is The Cutty Sark which is in Thamesmead Town Centre. Unfortunately it is only open in the afternoons. It is usually closed by 9:30pm and even earlier at weekends. The Princess Alice in West Thamesmead opposite Belmarsh looks like a pub from the outside but is actually a carvery with a bar attached, not an actual pub. There was the Wildfowler but that closed down and is now an African Church. How long before the Cutty Sark joins it is anyone's guess.
- The Cutty Sark in Thamesmead Town Centre is starting to get respectable again. Nazi salutes during the playing of the National Anthem are discouraged, as is the singing of inflammatory sectarian songs. The pub has new management in the form of Andy (The Viking) Fordham and his lovely wife, Jenny. Open till midnight on Friday and Saturday, but get there before 10:30pm at the weekend or risk being locked out. If you fancy a wind-up, tell Andy that he really looks like the darts player off the telly and then refuse to believe him when he says he is. (Apparently, this happens all the time).
- The Cutty Sark is an experience not to be missed. Some good looking barmaids and service second to none. Karaoke night is a bit predictable though - the fat guy always sings the same song - (Wig-Wam-Bam by Sweet). He knows all the words but doesn't know any of the notes. The best entertainment is when Arsenal is playing on the big screen. Watching the landlord go into fits of apoplexy trying to evict the Nigerians who have come in with their McDdonalds takeaways and milk shakes is free and well worth the visit. Druggie and Skank-Head evictions are occassional treats.
- The Golf Club (golfy) is a great place to chill or you have The Cutty Sark which is open late. (for all those heavy drinkers)
- Tme Moorings, Arnott Close
- THE BARGE POLE, HINKSEY PATH, THE CUTTY SARK, THAMESMEAD TOWN CENTRE.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Richard, The Youth Awareness Programme (YAP), simon, Hugo Szlotty, angela fleming, chris waite, Dawn Smith, darren wilson, grant charvey, Barry, generic, donna, charlotte hind, Ben Q
Last updated: 2015-05-19
More stuff about Thamesmead
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Thamesmead Knowhere Board