The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Thamesmead, Greater London*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Thamesmead.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Thamesmead is a collection of different communities. Some of the old part is ex GLC property, occupied by the perpetually unemployed - single mums, skank heads and wineos. Lots of North Thamesmead is Little Lagos populated mostly by Nigerian immigrants. In the west, you can see the yuppies scuttling to catch the river bus to the city each morning. Incidently, nobody lives IN Thamesmead, locals will tell you they live ON it.
- YAP provides a free course to Greenwich residents aged 16 - 24, interested in informing the next generation around drug misuse. This is a course full of knowledge, runs two days per week. If interested in filling one of the 6000 vacancies in the drugs field, call Paul on 020 8311 5111. Start date 23 February 05. If you miss the start phone Paul and he will let you know when you can join.
- Dont get on the wrong side of any dodgy looking people! Cos they'll get there ugly bad mouth girlfriend to stick a fist in ur gob!
- Apart from a Clockwork Orange, which everyone and their aunt knows was filmed in thamesmead, there have been loads of stuff filmed in TMT.
The Paul Merton Show
& loads of adverts
so keep watching the goggle box and your sure to see our beutiful town...well Thamesmead anyway!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Richard, The Youth Awareness Programme (YAP), simon, Hugo Szlotty, angela fleming, chris waite, Dawn Smith, darren wilson, grant charvey, Barry, generic, donna, charlotte hind, Ben Q
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Thamesmead
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Thamesmead Knowhere Board