The Worst Things in Thamesmead, Greater London*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Thamesmead.
The Worst Things
- Fly tipping, moaners who can't see past the end of their noses, the old Thamesmead reputaion being applied to West thamesmead inappropriately
- Litter, more litter, then even more litter. Sometimes you can't see the ground for it. In the Town centre, by Sunday afternoon you are knee deep in the stuff.
- It's got no soul. Built in pieces over many years, from the ghastly 70's tower blocks to the modern Docklands Yuppie style, it looks like it was designed by a committee. Nobody lives IN Thamesmead, everyone will tell you they live ON Thamesmead. Thamesmead in on the edge of both Greenwich and Bexley council and largely ignored by both. Steets don't get cleaned, you are forced off the pavement (where one exists) and into the road by overgrown verges. Litter everywhere and the roads on the Bexley side are a joke - full of pot holes. Swivel eyed religionists, banging on the door on a saturday morning wanting to talk to you about God.
- Being a youth there and growing up in an urban area...Getting 6 bikes robbed, house burgled, parents car broken into, and robbed in the street twice in 7 years.
- Those skanky fly-ridden, litter-engorged excuses for canal ways.
Crossness sewage treatment works, on a hot summer afternoon, with the wind blowing the wrong way.
- THE GRAFFITTI/VANDALISM, AND THE FEW PRATS THAT LIVE ON/VISIT THAMESMEAD AND SPOIL IT FOR EVERYONE ELSE, IT'S BECAUSE OF THEM THAT THAMESMEAD HAS A BIT OF A REPUTATION. I'VE LIVED ON THAMESMEAD FOR ABOUT 27 YRS, SO I GREW UP AROUND HERE, SO I'VE SEEN THESE THINGS FOR MYSELF, BUT IT'S NO WORSE THAN ANYWHERE ELSE.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Richard, The Youth Awareness Programme (YAP), simon, Hugo Szlotty, angela fleming, chris waite, Dawn Smith, darren wilson, grant charvey, Barry, generic, donna, charlotte hind, Ben Q
Last updated: 2008-08-26
More stuff about Thamesmead
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Thamesmead Knowhere Board