The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Thornbury, Gloucestershire*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Thornbury.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Thornbury is to get COMMUNITY RADIO, it goes on air in November 2005. This will broadcast to all ages and all tastes whatever your music choice- it will also braodcast interviews with Interest (hobby) and Support groups (I am doing some of them. I moved here in 1966 and thought it ws the WORST move of my entire life, no one wanted to make friends, there ws nothing to do and it was like living in a totally miserable state. Even Bristol closed down at 10.00 p.m. but Thornbury got a name (then) for being the most UNFRIENDLY townion Britain... NOW TO BE FAIR - I will say I WOULD NEVER MOVE FROM HERE.... there are DOZENS of things to do if you LOOK for them, it is a good town apart from the yob culture on a weekend in the High Street and the mess they make after being in the pubs - but maybe with more law enforcement that could change ! Yes there are pubs (previously mentioned by young folks) like Royal George and The Swan that folks would be advised to enter with caution, but generally it is one of the BEST and nicest towns in the area now...FOR SURE !
- Last time I contributed I pointed out that Thornbury is NOT in Gloucestershire, and you have even included my contribution on your site, but you have not corrected the wrong information!
- Lest anyone else gets confused - Thornbury IS in Gloucestershire, it was returned to it when Avon was disbanded. The local authority that administers the area is called "South Gloucestershire" as it covers the southern part of Gloucestershire. Similarly, nearby Bath was returned to Somerset - but is administered by Bath & North East Somerset local authority. Confusing if you don't look twice !!
- There needs to be more going on for people in there 20's and 30's and new commers.
- Thornbury can get very rough on a Friday night. I'm not saying its a no go area, just exercise greater caution. And keep out of the Royal George.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jay, Amanda J Reynolds, Ewan Green, Sam Catchesides, Chris, Sam Johnson, elisa, matt, mole, Robert Cowler, generic, Neil Richings, Franklyn Brown, Andrew Swift, Dodge, Jenny, JGORHAM, Richard Gillingham, spencer, Sarah, A R Greenhill, Laura, Skinny, Neil Marchant, Paul, Paul Jaggard, Alex Kane, Lurch, David, John Jones (JJ), Louise, David Martin, Jerry Dicker, Steve Pilgrim, Ian Wilson, Levers, beverley smith, Andy, amanda reynolds, James Langston, Robin Clark, Anna Kitchen
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Thornbury
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Thornbury Knowhere Board