Inside Information and Stuff Only Locals Know
You can tell us more about Tingley.
- People hang about at the whimpey estate park most nights now, but then the police come and kick them out.
- Restaurants - The Tingley Balti House, Lowery Road, next to Cost Cutter. The food is ace and the take out superb. No this is not a wind up, Tingley has at least one good eatery.
- Costcutter carpark where the local "scallys" knock around. Either that, or the "Frost Corner" on Westerton Road/Haigh Moor Road. Youths have been seen around those parts having a sly smoke or drink with their mates.
- The shops in Fairleigh Estate are where all the 9-16 year olds hang out on a night.
- Were benches but they all got the shit kicked outta them, loadsa cheeky kids swiggin cider all over the place!
- The rec on Hesketh Lane
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: jack, Mark Rodgers, paul yardley, Alan, James, Tommy Wood, tom, generic, Chris Lowe, Katy, Chris Riley
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Tingley
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Tingley Knowhere Board