Favourite Building in Tooting, Greater London*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Tooting.
- The one that houses Lahore Karahi.
- St Nicholas Church ben here since all this was fields
- Waterfall House on Tooting High Street, boardering Merton is reputed to have had Mrs Hamilton (mistress of Lord Nelson) live in. It would be interesting to know whether this is now an Urban Myth or the truth. Any evidence out there?
- The Old School House in Church Lane, now a Mosque.Kings Head pub, Leather Bottle pub, Tooting Bec Lido, all of the Heaver Estate on Balham Edge and the St. Benedicts estate in Church Lane particularly Hawthorn Crescent
- The Gala Cinema - you can go in as part of the open house scheme in early September. Fabulous. Also Tooting Bec Lido.
- Tooting lido
- Bingo Hall is beautiful inside they should turn it into a dance hall
- Granada Cinema - now a Gala bingo hall. It was built in 1931 and is Grade I listed. The soaring Gothic interior, comparable to the House of Lords, was designed by a Russian emigre, the theatre director Theodore Komisarjevsky. Still fabulous.
- The new Sainsburys/South Thames College.The opticians in between NatWest and Nationwide,The Library & Gala Bingo interior.Demolish the rest!
- all off tooting its where the heart is.
- A little blue shack/restaurant across the road from the church just off the Mitcham Road up from Tooting Broadway past the Library.
Also, the above mentioned church.
Tooting Broadway Station because then I know I am back in Tooting.
- Thanks to our Islamic community for their wonderful mosque in Gatton Road. A refreshingly pretty, modern building with even lovlier flower beds
- Tooting Grand
- Sainsburys contemporary architecture is pushing tooting forward (hopefully)
- Tooting train station platforms - all graffed up
- fire station
- the little-house pub, the place where dreams are made!!!Kidding right
- Overhead platforms Balham BR station,rush hour.
Great for voyeurs (legal BTW if its on show in public
its watchable)as 1000s mini skirted thigh flashing city and West end dolly birds
troop home to Croydon and beyond.
- Chris Pinckard Tower
- The old Cinema / New Bingo Hall
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Mark H, Ruth, simon, J Dempsey, Graham & Vale, harp, Ellen, j./, crikeymiles, rob dob, Westech Media , Lim Teck Hong, Gareth, Emma, jon ryan, keith walsh, john gallinari, Andy N, Dave, Vikas, John Goodwin, Danny O, Lachie, Pete Feenstra, richard, pollobarca, Dave W, orla Hickey, graham, Bob Forsberg, nick m, Karen, Gordon Miller, raj santoshi, Oli Else, michael, Oakesy, Sam Gibson, Rahim Nathwani, Reena, Anonymous, Frances(Shaw)Sartori, beth, lewis, ian, Kev, bruce, nav, Sharon Gifford, Grumlin, tommy hopper, Helen, marian meacock, Ash Akhtar, Sue, chilly, strauss, generic, Aisha, Gavin Boyd, jim lee, Lola Gonzalez, barbara, Mary, James Bateman, n, Alison, superkitty, James Dinsdale, jack king, Robert Barber, Clones
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Tooting
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Tooting Knowhere Board