The Worst Things in Tooting, Greater London*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Tooting.
The Worst Things
- people have started building bookshops
- Can get very busy and crowed as there are two tube stations one over ground stations, many ignorant people and bigots can take alot of time to adjust as they have come from areas where they have not seen so many non whites
- The usual London scum.
- Dangerous place to live, and we know from which section of the community the trouble comes.
- Sandi Thom
- curry express
- Tooting is LOOOOONG and my legs hurt.
- The Balham yuppies encroaching. The march of the characterless bars.
- driving around here sends you mad
- Street 'furniture'
Road signs (everywhere)
- Drunks at the Broadway. Pirate DVD sellers in local pubs. Muggers (we know which section of the community you come from).Super loos , speed humps and parking metering over the whole Borough . Wandsworth Council doesn't always get it right.
4 x 4s, Macdonalds, KFC etc and Amusement arcades in Mitcham Road
- The bus stop by Boots - must be the most crowded, bad tempered,rude,selfish bus stop in south LOndon - avoid!
- All of the traffic whether well or badly driven. Typical driver is one that tried to beat up an ambulance driver for going faster then him! dork
- the smell of the markets
- but is slowly being invaded by students and ex students trying to turn it into a 'trebdy place' We are common and very cockney so leave us alone and go back to Chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- lack of culture. Bookshops.
- book shops are gay
- The rude staff at KFC and the 7/11. Not so much of the great American service.
- It takes a long time to drive out of Tooting cos everybodyelse trying to get out.
It's too full of 'non-ponces'.
- needs more big shops.
- crap drivers! traffic lights at amen corner! too many gypo's! too many pissed irish blokes! every shop owner looks at you suspiciously when you walk in! loads of good looking doris get out of the broadway tube, but vanish into thin ar soon after! too much halal food (no decent fish and chip shop). thameslink is dreadful
- Drunk geezers outside the tube (although i'm hoping that absence of them all over past 6 weeks is cos they have all gone to the great bar in the sky). People who cant drive properly - although thats the whole of south london too.
- Tube seats get filled up at Tooting Broadway so if you're waiting at Tooting Bec station during the morning rush hour you're probably going to be on your feet all the way to work.
- The increasing "Gentrification" of Tooting !!! Can't stand these posh sorts moving in round here lately. Watch out, The Pie & Mash shop will end up being a Bistro soon !!! Gawd help us !! And the Gin Palace, Sorry New Fountain, is going to be a trendy Wine bar !!
- the market , primark
- THe muggers you find in the broadway
- NO BOOOKSHOPS WE REALLY NEED A BOOK SHOP PLEASE SOMEONE OPEN ONE I LOVE READING!!!!! AND SO DO MANY PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN 2TIN!!!!!
- Tooting's reputation amongst people who have never been here.
The bad curry places that give the great ones a bad name.
- The way people drive in Tooting is amazing. Infact I think it's the whole of South London. Is there a South London highway code that I don't know about. Otherwise where would these people get the idea that it's perfectly fine to park your car in the middle of the road or the turn left lane? Also, does any body in South London know what the yellow cross box at traffic lights is for? I'm not convinced.
- Too many Ponces, too many bogus asylum seekers, too many student-types and too amny traffic wardens
- "Shared kitchens"offered at seedy accommodation agencies such as
The depressed tone of the whole of South London.
Roaming gangs of black thugs from Brixton.
The odd psycho or nutter springing out of the blue.
- Train station smells funny when it rains
- The wind tunnel effect at Tooting Bec tube station in Winter.
- House prices rising RAPIDLY, rents going up too, main street is busy, could do with a decent coffee shop. You're on the northern line, but its a damn sight better than it used to be.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Mark H, Ruth, simon, J Dempsey, Graham & Vale, harp, Ellen, j./, crikeymiles, rob dob, Westech Media , Lim Teck Hong, Gareth, Emma, jon ryan, keith walsh, john gallinari, Andy N, Dave, Vikas, John Goodwin, Danny O, Lachie, Pete Feenstra, richard, pollobarca, Dave W, orla Hickey, graham, Bob Forsberg, nick m, Karen, Gordon Miller, raj santoshi, Oli Else, michael, Oakesy, Sam Gibson, Rahim Nathwani, Reena, Anonymous, Frances(Shaw)Sartori, beth, lewis, ian, Kev, bruce, nav, Sharon Gifford, Grumlin, tommy hopper, Helen, marian meacock, Ash Akhtar, Sue, chilly, strauss, generic, Aisha, Gavin Boyd, jim lee, Lola Gonzalez, barbara, Mary, James Bateman, n, Alison, superkitty, James Dinsdale, jack king, Robert Barber, Clones
Last updated: 2012-04-07
More stuff about Tooting
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Tooting Knowhere Board