Hookup Spots in Totnes, Devon*
Inside Information and Stuff Only Locals Know
You can tell us more about Totnes.
- the barrel house or the red wizard cafe. comedian matt roper - the great wilfredo! - used to make coffee in the red wizard. he was - and maybe still is? - a total hippie! the barrel house for food orders which take ages but the ambience alwats chilled and gives a great view down the hill across to the other side of the town. civic square - on a sunny day. vire island when the sun shines.
- kIDS...? aRE THEY ALLOWED TO 'HOOK UP' ANYWHERE IN tOTNES WITHOUT SCREAMING HOARDS OF P O L I C E P E R S O N S, accusing them of the terrible crime of being 'kids' and 'being outside'??? I doubt it, sadly kids can't just be kids thanx to adult cultcha.....
- How much longer is this site going to be out of date? I sent in an article AGES ago, stating that Totnes HAS got a W.H.Smith, and has had for at least a year.
Also, I would like to state, that having lived in London for 46 years, I am well glad to be out of that ratrace, and living in Totnes...so now you know!!
- Pretty much anywhere as there is nothing else to do.
- I am not going to lie, when I was in my younger teens, me and and mates did use to hang around totnes civic centre and the fishers getting drunk. But you put your self in our shoes, your 14 years old, starting to feel a bit like an adult and you want to go out and have fun etc..., and what chocies do we have, oh we could go to the cinema, archades, youth centres...but oh no oh no we can't do that as totnes is so shit, because everything is so tradtional that it has to stay that way.I mean no way it would be the biggest sin in the whole world, if they but a topshop or even wimpy in the town.
- The poxy market place with little slipknot kids attempting to smoke entire cigarettes and affecting the "I don't care what my mum thinks" 'tude! Tragic really but it gets worse
- Fishers is where most people don't know about but is becoming quite popular now and will be known as another hang out place.
- The Civic Square has always been a popular hang out, usually for the "less threatening" youth of the town. Recently they have been holding little parties and breakdancing here.
- There are 2 places- 1. The Market Square bit where all the "we think we're cool but we are too young to be in the pub so we hang out here all night" teenagers hang out. 2. The Plains / Vere Island where all the tarts and younger teenagers hang out.
- Mainly the Plains- see the bus shelters along with that Liverpuddlian tramp or one of many "travellers". There is usually a police presence on the Plains on a Friday / Saturday night, just incase ANYONE does anything in the least bit interesting. Please.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Katherine, George, Aron, Dylan Watkins, james, imabigcheese, remmy, millie smith, briony, Steve Hamilton, Dawni, jane, Martin Pinnock, Suzie May, Jo stewart, andy smith, Paul Dowdney, jon, samuel roberts, Tom Scott, Kim, aret, max beer, generic, Gary Weatherley, mo, ndisjdijgis, Andy, Graeme
Last updated: 2010-08-27
More stuff about Totnes
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Totnes Knowhere Board