The Worst Things in Tottenham, Greater London*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Tottenham.
The Worst Things
- High streets in Tottenham are plagued with Gambling shops, charity shops, cheap takeaways, halal shops, Internet cafes. Therefore this has triggered more personal debt, rise in obesity, and increase of unhealthy living.
- Tottenham is where the 2011 London Riots began after the controversial shooting and killing of drug dealer, gangster and feckless father of 5, Mark 'the Thug' Duggan, who symbolises Tottenham's degenerate violent youths deriving from feckless, useless welfare broken families and divided, hateful communities.
- Labour’s David Lammy moves out of constituency (Tottenham) – so sons can go to top school (nationalheadlines, Nov 9, 2014):'A Labour MP who mounted a crusade against local gang culture has moved out of his constituency (Tottenham) so his children can attend an ‘outstanding’ Faith School. Mr Lammy, his wife and two children now live in a 1.2million house'
- Highest parliamentary expenses claims necessary, says David Lammy (Tottenham & Wood Green, 21/7/2011):'According to data from the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority, Mr Lammy claimed £173,922.06 in 2010-11, mostly on staff – more than any of the 649 other MPs in parliament.Employing more than five staff at Mr Lammy's Westminster and Tottenham offices cost £154,681.02, which is above the usual limit of £109,000.'
- Daniel Levy
- Streets are full of old sofas and other crap. Lots of aggressive gangs of retarded youth.
- Gangs. Crime. Drugs. Just mean people in general
- Gangs. Crime. Drugs. Just mean people in general
- Shopping City = Chav City
- dodgy people out late ayt night be careful when cumin out of clubs and pubs
- Everything, every place and everyone in Tottenham
- The worst thing about Tottenham is that it is still in existance.
Remember when it used to be part of civilisation?
- the Council
- It is a dump inhabited by the scum of the earth. I should know I live there but not for much longer - I can't take anymore ignorant people. If you want Tottenham that way then have it, I don't care, I'm outta here, have a nice life.
- Crime, GUNS, drugs, Teenagers, teenage pergencies.
- Driving down West Green Road, pedestrianise it, make it one way, red route it, whatever - just sort it out! Tottenham Green Leisure Centre, its filthy and I cannot believe it has not been served with a Notice by the Environmental Health. I would not allow a dog to use the swimming pool and dont get me started on the ladies changing rooms. I hear that they sacked their last cleaner in 1997 and never employed another one. The staff are incredibly ignorant and the whole building smells like a rubbish dump.
- Tottenham Green Leisure Centure - what a dump!!!
- Tottenhan would be/could be a really good place if it wasn't for the shit arse council that run the shagging place. Lots of nice looking Victorian streets and 1930's style houses which are sadly filled with scum, put there by the council who have encouraged the buy to let fiasco that is so prevelent in this borough. It was never that great here but the "investors" have really fucked it up with their greed which helps to make this borough one of Londons rubbish dumps. Scum end up here and start pissing and shitting and throwing crap all over our streets. They have no respect and should be sent to Lewisham or somewhere "sarf" of the river. Schools are practically non existant unless you are so far up the catholic priests arse that only your boots are sticking out. All the other schools do enable you to become refined in the art of crack production and total effing ignorance of all about you. Apparently 30yrs ago it was really nice round here and people respected where they lived and each other but then the above happened. Im getting outta here to become a cockney wanker in the West country!!!
- The grubby shops near seven sister road
- Gosh, it could be looked after better, it is so near the city centre and has so much potential, it will be easy to transform it into a nicer place!!
- Tottenham, in truth, has been allowed to rot for far too long. There is now a lot of government money being poured into it, which is a good thing. But in general, Tottenham has a terrible reputation and looks pretty bad as well. It is a very deprived area that a lot of poorer people and refugees have historically been dumped in - compounding a lot of problems.
- Bad Schools.
Not alot to do...you have to go to Wood Green.
- The filth and dirt around Tottenham.
- Public transport is almost non-existant. Maybe that's why Tottenham has remained such a dump.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Barbara Howie, Chris G, charlotte, Alan Jones, leeyah, John Briggs, Jt, Caitlin, paul devonshire, Rachel Firth, Occasional User, Carol, m green, Jessie Banks, bee, Karen Shepherd, Joe, Nandi Katilungu, generic, Anne Frost, Dale Powell, cj, Gary Nuttall, Enid Slater ne Hermes, Gary Owen, isaac, barbara, Kiki, Teddy Sherryingham, Mr X, David Rodwell, claire teasdale, michael young, Nikki Hall, Eve Maguire, pandoos, maxukl, Lenny, Eileen Morrison
Last updated: 2015-02-05
More stuff about Tottenham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Tottenham Knowhere Board