Hookup Spots in Welling, Kent*
Inside Information and Stuff Only Locals Know
You can tell us more about Welling.
- The Twisted Wheel above Wimpy Bar on High St
- when I was in the Uk we did not have boards but had proper skates and used to use the area from Embassy Court towards Bexlyheath slightly DOWNHILL all the way to the soccer Pitch if you know what I mean ??
- The sign at the end of Nikki's nan's road!
- Just by the sign at the end of Nikki's Nan's road!
- The Railway bridge between northumberland ave and montrose ave.
- i hate you
- we hang about anywere
- hadlow road seems to be the big attraction for 100 plus kiddies on saturday nights.... why? i really dunno.
- We remember the Embassy Dance Hall that was our hookup spot in the 60`s / 70`s with Stan Kentons Band and loads of young couples meeting new partner`s in there to get married to later on....All the flashy cars pulling up outside when it was time to go...Charlie Porche bouncer on the door..Irish Joe...Ray Purton..Terry Evans...Jeff Leek..Terry Moxley..Jimmy Cotter..Lez Knapp..Derek Dalby.Erni Marchant...Where are they all now..Shame it was pulled down and replaced with a few rough shops a car dealers and police station..What a place of fun that was then no fun in Welling now except when I go down and draw my pension perhaps I ought to get myself a skate board and tuck it in the back of my wheelchair in case I meet a challenger !.
- the mugs dat hang bout by the pub next to the shell garage because they got chucked out of the gardens! they r so pathetic and boring yes it is you gary n dan oshea n jess n amy n ur lil mates! u need t grow up b4 welling gyals smash u in
- the gardens, the geeks dat hang about in the gardens. how sad
- The swing in oxleas garden.
Eastcote gardens but now they dont let you in, if you do the police come round with dogs.
- about 8 years ago, loads of us used to hang around at shoulder mutton green.
remember the sleep outs over danson park
also, going back even further, who remembers kingfisher chip shop. the ultimate hang out with street fighter 2
- lately this area seems to be in the lane between tne shell petrol garage and the plough and harrow. There isn't an evening that goes by without a group of youths gathered aroundhere what the attraction is I do not know.
- Danson park, the hallowed turff of danson. Home to the internationally known, yes that is you lloyd, Danson lads!
- The New Cross Turnpike
No music, but I like it!!!
- Welling Corner, Welling Station Approach
- How many people today can remember the Embassy Ballroom in Welling, with Stan Atkins Orchestra.That was in the 1940s-50s. After WW2. Welling changed and all that came to and end. But I left Welling my Birthplace in 1954.I lived a few doors from Lil Byegraves. Max's Mum,she had her own seat in the Rose and Crown Pub, she was a 'one off' So was Peter Brackell. Don Macfee. Jeff Ellis.Don Hills. Derek Simpkins.and the world famous Gordon Jago.
- The 14 and 15 year olds used to hang around Lovel avenue before everyone was slaped with social orders. Then they moved to The Green on the otherside of Welling. The older crew of 16-18 year olds hang around Stevens Park and hadlow.
- The Cannon, Welling Corner
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jemma, webmaster, Robert Keel, Ken Beauchamp, Aaron M Barber, mark, Clive Bancroft, jim, Paul Ansell, Dave Klein, ian fielding, Jake King, Claude Moreira, LOL, chris bradford, Becky, Reggy steven Judge, Jamie Spicer, Markie P, JAK KYPRI, generic, EMMA LENNON, dave, Rowland Smith, Ken Wall, Donald Wilkins, Kirk Bowles, claude again, rob, sohail Hassein, ideot, Welling wWbmaster, LUKE WARD, Paul, steve Mead, mark pigott, lewis phillips, Lois, John Black, don, danielle, Welling Webmaster, debbie.smith, michael, ben easthorpe, Craig Cooper
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Welling
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Welling Knowhere Board