Skateboarding Spots in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about Welwyn Garden City.
- Ramps nr Kasaways
- Steps outside of the crappy cinema place next to cineworld, if you're confident enough that is, think their a 6set but it owns up anyway.
- my friend and i found a mini skateboard the other day and i rode it down the subway - sorry, attempted to ride it down the subyay - and i stacked like hell. made a hole in my knee
- king george is the worst place in wgc no doubt
- there is an wiked 3 set out side rollercity but this has a short landing. for confident sk8rs theres a double three set by the bus station
- bus station area, john lewis 4 set and grindable step round the corner, the 5 set at the front of the howard centre, entrance of rollercity 3 set, college 5 set, "funboxes" the ramps at the front of the 2 banks opposite co-op
- Outside the Howard Centre, some people go to the Skatepark on the other side of town, AVOID if you are not from here, as you will get your head kicked in and your board stolen for being a "Filthy Greb"
- The king george skate park is nearly always infested with chavs, at one point they were all sitting on the roll in, one of them turned around to see my mates 2.7inch tyre about an inch away from his face, and moved pretty quick. all they do is sit/stand, smoke and get in the way, and occasionally say stuff like "sick bike, are those bombers bombproof?" and try to nick it. anyway, its not bad when you get it when there's no chavs.
- king george playing field - now has a skate park - for bmx-ng and skateboarding.
- The welwyn skatepark is now open, good for bikes as jumpboxes etc, although quite large, yet not that much in it, all 6 ft quarters, mind for ghetto children on the rollin/jumpbox/quarter line ( the only one they can ride!!)
- A whole skate park "opening soon" (2003)
- Multi-story car park, front steps of the library, Howard Centre loading bays and anywhere on the railway station because the local railway boss hates skateboarders.
- Waitrose carpark has some really utterly feeble rails... but where else is there ?
(NEWS JUST IN: proposed Skate park at King George V Playing fields to open aprox 2003)
- welwyn would be a great place to skate. there's miles of sidewalk and things like that. i would probably go up to the industrial area around black fan road to look for that sort of thing.
- under the howard centre has 180 feble walls and smooth floors for silly floor grinds. in the big roundabout is a grind down steps
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: sophie, Karen Bedford, Henthorn, street, Darren, moley, simon, Ross, Hedge, daniel w, jj, steve petch, Keith Bridges, Vikki Cartwright, Jab, louise, crux, Karl Barrow, Jack, James, generic, Gavin Vickers, Simon Then-Bergh, Minodini, jimbo, dollie, rob, MELANIE, Ahmed, anna larke, Perch, Tony Reeve, graham, Paul, Ewan Armstrong-Bridges, kirsty, mark norwood, Max Sommers, WebEditor@hcn.co.uk, Dan Sargent, Darryl keel, LUKE, Dave Mansfield, starlit, Tony McBride, John Nichols, chris, margaret yeomans, sciggle
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Welwyn Garden City
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Welwyn Garden City Knowhere Board